Extraordinary Member

Default Big Mom Pirates vs Beast Pirates

The two Yonkou Crews go to war.

The battle will take place on an island neither of them have but both are willing to go to war over.

Both will bring to bear the full forces at their disposal as of the start of the Wano Arc.

Other then their captains being comitted to fighting over this nondescript island, everyone will be in character

Extraordinary Member

Both crews have an immensely powerful leader with a large number of well documentet feats.

They also have a couple of top tier commanders with a varying numbers of good feats. Some have a lot of feats (King and Queen for the Beast pirats, Katakuri and Cracker for the Big Mom pirates), and some are a bit low on feats (Jack for the Beast pirates and Smoothie for the Big Mom pirates).

In terms of fighters that are strong but not quite top tier, the Beast pirates have fewer numbers in that regard but they all have more feats to pull from (the Tobi Roppo). The Big Mom pirates have way more named fighters in this range, but they have fewer feats.

And in terms of mooks they're pretty equal. Though I do think the Beast pirates eeks out the edge there with their Oars sized Numbers.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Can anyone on the Big Mom Pirates side, short of Linlin herself, actually hurt Kaido?

Even Luffy, absolutely monster that he was, needed to learn Ryou specifically to bypass his durability. Zoro managed to wound him with his absolute maximum but how many of the Big Mom Pirates are hitting in that league?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Can anyone on the Big Mom Pirates side, short of Linlin herself, actually hurt Kaido?

Even Luffy, absolutely monster that he was, needed to learn Ryou specifically to bypass his durability. Zoro managed to wound him with his absolute maximum but how many of the Big Mom Pirates are hitting in that league?
    Probably/possibly only Katakuri, and I'd reckon he'd be busy with King or Queen.

On the flip side, how many of the Beast pirates would be able to do any significant damage to Big Mom. She's an absolute tank in her own right. Wouldn't be surprise if she and Kaido duked it out in the sky while their armies rushed each other.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post

I don't think so, but i also don't think there is anyone except Kaido on the Beast Pirates side who don't gets fodderized by Big Mom because even Marco was not more than a short distraction as she was not at full power, so Kaido and Big Mom will probably end in a 1 on 1 fight anyway.

Extraordinary Member

Overall, I'd generally go with the Beast pirates. They just generally put a more impressive performance that their Big Mom pirates counterparts, with maybe Katakuri being the only exception.

They'll know they've been in a fight for sure. But in the end I see Kaido and his crew coming out on top of this battle.

Can anyone besides maybe Big Mom or Katakuri hurt King?
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    If they can tag him while his flames are out it should be possible. But then the question becomes "Can anyone besides Big Mom or Katakuri hit King?"

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    If they can tag him while his flames are out it should be possible. But then the question becomes "Can anyone besides Big Mom or Katakuri hit King?"
    Certainly a tall order either way, especially if Queen is being smart here and only infecting the enemy with his various viruses.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Extraordinary Member

Certainly a tall order either way, especially if Queen is being smart here and only infecting the enemy with his various viruses.
    Oh yeah, I forgot that he has that. Or should that not be counted as regular equipment.

Actually, I wonder if Cracker's biscuit soldiers would be a perfect counter to Queen's viruses. Since they're constructs and not people.

So if Kaido and Big Mom and throwing hands at each other I can see King fighting Katakuri, Queen fighting Cracker and Jack fighting Smoothie.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Overall, I'd generally go with the Beast pirates. They just generally put a more impressive performance that their Big Mom pirates counterparts, with maybe Katakuri being the only exception.

They'll know they've been in a fight for sure. But in the end I see Kaido and his crew coming out on top of this battle.
    Big Mom's crew tends to be more cohesive, IIRC. The beast pirates are pretty backstabby and willing to **** each other over.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    Big Mom's crew tends to be more cohesive, IIRC. The beast pirates are pretty backstabby and willing to **** each other over.
    Kinda, but also not really in a way that's significant for just a straight up battle.

Like the Beast pirates had a lot of people turn on them for two reasons. One was Queen turning a lot of disposable mooks into ogres and laughing about it, only for their opponents to cure them. It's pretty natural that they would turn around and fight against the Beast pirates, even if Queen was shocked and chagrined. I don't think that the Big Mom pirates would bother curing people, or that they have the know how to do that.

The other reason was that Tama used her terrifying brain washing powers on a whole bunch of people. But she's not here.

And yeah, the Tobi Roppo all planned on taking an All-Star position and probably wouldn't mind stabbing somebody on their own in the back. But during the actual they all focused on trying to kill their opponents. I guess Apoo is also there, but unless things start going real bad for the Beast pirates I think he's sticking with them.

Mighty Member

I don't think so, but Big Mom could definitively wreck King and why would anyone else but Katakuri need to hurt King, and who except Kaido or maybe King could even tag Katakuri?

After thinking about it, i think the Big Mom pirates should have the stronger army, and if their army can overwhelm the Beast Pirates army quick enough to help Smoothie and Cracker it could become very dicy for the Beast Pirates, because even distractions could then put the major fights of King versus Katakuri and maybe even Kaido versus Big Mom in favour of the latters. Smoothie also should be stronger than Cracker and i see Cracker defeating even Queen over time, but Smoothie never showed her strength, and over time i would see the Beast Pirates edge it out with their higher individual raw power ceiling.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rightoya View Post
    I don't think so, but Big Mom could definitively wreck King and why would anyone else but Katakuri need to hurt King, and who except Kaido or maybe King could even tag Katakuri?

After thinking about it, i think the Big Mom pirates should have the stronger army, and if their army can overwhelm the Beast Pirates army quick enough to help Smoothie and Cracker it could become very dicy for the Beast Pirates, because even distractions could then put the major fights of King versus Katakuri and maybe even Kaido versus Big Mom in favour of the latters. Smoothie also should be stronger than Cracker and i see Cracker defeating even Queen over time, but Smoothie never showed her strength, and over time i would see the Beast Pirates edge it out with their higher individual raw power ceiling.
    I do agree with this in general, with the note that I think the Oars-sized numbers should even things out somewhat in the army vs. army fight, which will take quite some time to finish either way. It's gonna be a massive pile up.