Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Spectacular Member

Oh how I wish he actually WAS another dimension’s Spider-Man…

Astonishing Member

Does JRJR have in his contract that maskless Peter must remain bruised?

Fantastic Member

Trying not to let that last panel fool me into thinking we might actually get a fight scene where Peter looks cool. You burn me twenty two times in a row, I stop letting you borrow my lighter, Zeb

Shouldn't the FF already have Peter registered as an ally?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Yeah, this justification doesn’t feel very satisfying. Not that I had any expectations. I presumed there would be some contrived reason for them to throw hands with each other.

let them fight
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Wow this is actually even more stupid than I thought. Peter explained to them what happened and they’re still trying to detain him. It’s not even the usual hero vs hero misunderstanding, it’s just PIS.

Astonishing Member

I guess this is the issue where we find out how he pissed off the FF (and Avengers? I forget).

This arc has me underwhelmed so far. Mystery boxing almost always leads to unsatisfying answers. We’ll see how the issue pans out.

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    I guess this is the issue where we find out how he pissed off the FF (and Avengers? I forget).

This arc has me underwhelmed so far. Mystery boxing almost always leads to unsatisfying answers. We’ll see how the issue pans out.
    Mockingbird went to Peter's birthday party. How mad could the Avengers have been?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Yeah, we're past the point of FF not giving Peter the benefit of the doubt. Remember how they immediately called BS on Shathra's claims in the JMS run?

This is another area where even Slott wouldn't screw up.

Yeah, this feels forced and arbitrary. Johnny would 100% believe Peter and let him do whatever he needed to do and not just wait for Captain America to show up, especially if MJ is in danger.

I don't even know why he was caught by their security as if he very rarely visits them.

Fantastic Member

This is a stellar example of why I prefer execution to ideas. A new fresh exciting idea executed poorly is not good. Not saying that anything wells is doing here is new fresh or exciting. But it certainly is executed poorly. To have these plot and character contrivances be what's inside the mystery you've been hyping for a year is a really strange decision.

"WHAT DID PETER DO". I guess be misunderstood by his friends and allies while in a life or death situation.

It's such a shame because I went in to beyond really excited to see Zeb Wells get to do a Spider-Man run. But between this and his contribution to She-Hulk I never want to read another book by the guy again.

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

This is One More Day all over again. It's the same story beat! "The other heroes can't help Peter because...REASONS! It's magic, we don't have to explain it!" We are literally back at square one with this crap. Wow. Just...wow.

Last edited by CaptainUniverse; 03-30-2023 at 12:36 PM.
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

Pete has been compromised by Doc Ock stealing his body in the past, and has been impersonated by Skrulls, Mysterio and Chameleon on several occasions. I don't think it's out of line for anyone to be suspicious of his intentions. If anything, this SHOULD happen on a regular basis in the Marvel Universe, what with Mystique and other shape shifters running around, and body swappers such as Dr. Doom being a regular foe of the FF. No hero should automatically assume they are whom they claim they are at this point.
    "The White Queen welcomes you, TO DIE!"