Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    It seems rational after the events of Superior Spider-Man.
    If they would mention Superior, it would be one thing, but...

I think most people in this thread are reaching with the rage here lol.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spidey_62 View Post
    People are allowed to critique work when they are spending their money on it.

Astonishing Member

Rage indicates people have an emotional connection, but since the characters are flat distorted caricatures and the plot nonsensical, it’s impossible to feel anything resembling an emotional connection to the story. All I’m seeing is eye rolling and mocking.

Quote Originally Posted by dornwolf View Post
    People are allowed to critique work when they are spending their money on it.
    I hope if people are so unhappy with it all they just don't buy it and spend their energies elsewhere at this point, frankly it's annoying going into every Spider-Man comics thread, seeing any Twitter thread, any Reddit thread, and only seeing that everywhere.

Nobody is forcing you to read...
    If you see complaints everywhere maybe there is a reason...

I guess some people here have been collecting ASM and getting attached to the characters for more than 20-30+ years now, it's not as easy as just "move on". And I don't think the criticism has been unfair or that people hasn't developed on the reasons for their complaints.

Spectacular Member

so the FF, who have teamed with Spidey dozens of times, had him as a member of future foundation and are probably his closest allies don't have him on their approved people list (despite him going there loads and not having nay issues like this before) and dont trust him because there was a spider-man costume found amoungst rubble at an explosion... got it

this is just so so so insultingly dumb

Spectacular Member

I hope if people are so unhappy with it all they just don't buy it and spend their energies elsewhere at this point, frankly it's annoying going into every Spider-Man comics thread, seeing any Twitter thread, any Reddit thread, and only seeing that everywhere.
    a lot of us don't buy it, because it is currently awful - however if you love a character and have been reading their comics for decades it is a good idea to show Marvel your displeasure rather than be quiet

seeing people react badly can not be any where near as annoying having someone say dont discuss the current run in a spider-man message board to be honest

Fantastic Member

Using Superior as an excuse for this doesn't work for me because during Superior Captain America was just like "oh, the Venom suit was the problem? We all thought it was weird when you were executing people in the street. Carry on then bud."

So it doesn't hold water to me that the events of superior led to this excuse to create conflict between Spidey and the FF. How widely know is it that Ock possessed Peter even?
    Last edited by Coop; 03-31-2023 at 07:17 AM.

It's not so much rage as much as...the content just doesn't read that well to me.

BANNED

Agreed. It's just a circle-jerk of ranting and overreacting to every minor thing. I don't even like this run and I find this board's tendency to blow everything out of proportion tiresome.

Quote Originally Posted by Refrax5 View Post
    Agreed. It's just a circle-jerk of ranting and overreacting to every minor thing. I don't even like this run and I find this board's tendency to blow everything out of proportion tiresome.
    It's a terrible Spider-Man run, and fans should be able to say they think it's terrible in fan circles like this forum. Just so long as they don't go overboard.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    It's a terrible Spider-Man run, and fans should be able to say they think it's terrible in fan circles like this forum. Just so long as they don't go overboard.
    I remember quitting the Spider-man Crawlspace forums after it devolved into nothing more than the same people griping about OMD and the marriage in every thread. It got tiresome. I never visit the site but from what I heard it no longer has a message board.
    "The White Queen welcomes you, TO DIE!"

Fantastic Member

Nothing is stopping anyone from making a positivity thread.
    I don't roll up on people and complain about them liking it.

I don't understand why negative opinions need to be silenced. No one is telling anyone to shut up about how much they like the book.