Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Its always been an extra meta problem with the X-men, because despite there being several 'next generation' groups.

I wonder if we'll see an appearance by the Cancerverse at the end of this? That got mentioned waaaaaaay early on in the relaunch I think, but this seems way more like what that whole thing was about

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    Basicly if everyone remains at eternal ideal physical adulthood, there is a risk of children being left to themself because little value is placed on rasing them anymore, childhood and youth will be considered more as brief phase of being "unfinished", and all the "sturm und drang" that comes with it will be disregarded as just a "phase", including ideas for change and going into different directions.

Something which has been partialy explored in Way of X and New Mutants allready. Though such development should have taken years instead of happening barely a few weeks after the Nation has been established. But it's not like these works allow slow burning developments or even serious decade long time jumps, unless it's reversable "alternate futures" like this event.
    Ah yes, this ties into the 'abandoned mutant babies of Krakoa bit tossed out earlier. With the elders never dying, the young get less and less attention from them. (Which also kinda meta fits how younger generations, like the Academy X era mutants, are sir-not-appearing-in-this-picture.)

Thinking about it, the idea of a society of immortals in which the first generation has settled into their positions of powers/prominence/value from which they never leave, dooming all following generations to be second fiddle or exist without achievable purpose, is almost meta to the super hero comics of Marvel and DC...
    True. The old classic heroes can never retire, because their IP is too valuable, so the newer characters introduced even as early as the 60s and 70s (like Robin or the New Mutants) are stuck, unable to ever really advance beyond 'former teen sidekick,' even if some of them have led their own teams for decades. All the big chairs are already sat in, by the same people who've been there since the 50s, in some cases.

Food for thought, that Krakoa could be a deeper take on the nature of comics themselves than I'd considered.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    Its kind of amusing that mutants, who supposedly embody progress and change, would create a universe where everything is stagnant and rotting. I think its most likely because they refuse to die.

Basically, the same set of of people have are still in charge and are forcing the entire universe to suit themselves, and largely doing it with telepathy to boot. In other words, a tiny group of people (basically the Council) are preventing the universe from changing and growing because they see themselves as the best.

Still, its hard to get too interested because it all still feels like it doesn't matter in the end. Just have to wait for that reset button to get hit.
    Not sure why you're blaming this dystopia on mutants when the story revealed that all this is happening because they got possessed by an evil British flatscan.
    "Cable was right!"

The end is near. Tomorrow is the final issue of Immoral X-Men as we march towards the conclusion of Sins of Sinister. I've enjoyed this event more than I thought I would and it's fun to be completely clueless about how things will play out. I have no idea what's going to happen.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    The end is near. Tomorrow is the final issue of Immoral X-Men as we march towards the conclusion of Sins of Sinister. I've enjoyed this event more than I thought I would and it's fun to be completely clueless about how things will play out. I have no idea what's going to happen.
    I'm really excited about it.
    Al Ewing made Storm great again! Storm greatest challenge might not be a matter of destruction, but creation.

Incredible Member

Banshee's going to shout at Sinister.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Joe View Post
    Banshee's going to shout at Sinister.
    And that's where it gets interesting that Sinister himself isn't even a threat right now.
    Al Ewing made Storm great again! Storm greatest challenge might not be a matter of destruction, but creation.

Astonishing Member

I personally feel the SoS story told through Rasputin IV would make for a cool video game.The whacky chimaera combinations and a dystopian reality without classic X-lore heroes definitely leans to a game plot. Rasputin IV as a female 'Kratos' of the Sin-verse works

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    I personally feel the SoS story told through Rasputin IV would make for a cool video game.The whacky chimaera combinations and a dystopian reality without classic X-lore heroes definitely leans to a game plot. Rasputin IV as a female 'Kratos' of the Sin-verse works
    The fact that she got powers like a RPG characters putting points in various unrelated trees work with that.

No spoilers until the review thread, but I liked this issue. However this event pans out overall, it has given us some great new characters in Rasputin IV from this series and Ironfire from Storm and the Brotherhood of Mutants.
    "When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — No, you move."

Thank god, really I have loved it but the whole sinster universe thing is a hard sell for me to enjoy even with all the great characters.
    Ororo Munroe is Twilight Sparkle in xmen red if that makes sense.