Question Best way to buy/support your favorite Marvel comic in 2023?

I use to buy hard copies only, but I went digital about 4 or more years ago and haven't bought any physical comics since.

Based on this polygon video from 2017, it seemed like creating a pull list at your LCS was the best way to go. Is that still true?

How much do Publishers factor in digital sales for ongoings these days? If I'm actually trying to support certain titles and authors in 2023 do I need start buying physical copies again? Or can I stick with Comixology?

Does Marvel Unlimited have new comics?

Any insiders lurking on here, feel free to weigh in.
    The J-man

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    I use to buy hard copies only, but I went digital about 4 or more years ago and haven't bought any physical comics since.

Based on this polygon video from 2017, it seemed like creating a pull list at your LCS was the best way to go. Is that still true?

How much do Publishers factor in digital sales for ongoings these days? If I'm actually trying to support certain titles and authors in 2023 do I need start buying physical copies again? Or can I stick with Comixology?

Does Marvel Unlimited have new comics?

Any insiders lurking on here, feel free to weigh in.
    Eve Ewing in an interview with Black Comic Lords stated that Marvel (and most companies) only CARE about books that are PREORDERED.

Once it is at the store and you go into buy it-they honestly do not care.

They only care about preorders.

https://youtu.be/fQps6-9S1Mw

Now the downside to this is not every store takes pre-orders because in some cases those books do NOT get picked up.

My store does it and you have to PAY for those books before Final Order Cutoff.

My store says that has helped business greatly and it has caused more books to sell out quicker (Static, Miles, Milestone titles and most of the indy books) and some books have few unsold books on the shelves.

Astonishing Member

I want to go digital only but I can't stop the floppy crack.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Eve Ewing in an interview with Black Comic Lords stated that Marvel (and most companies) only CARE about books that are PREORDERED.

Once it is at the store and you go into buy it-they honestly do not care.

They only care about preorders.

https://youtu.be/fQps6-9S1Mw

Now the downside to this is not every store takes pre-orders because in some cases those books do NOT get picked up.

My store does it and you have to PAY for those books before Final Order Cutoff.

My store says that has helped business greatly and it has caused more books to sell out quicker (Static, Miles, Milestone titles and most of the indy books) and some books have few unsold books on the shelves.
    thanks for clarifying, probably explains, why all the digital books I've been buying get cancelled. Was hoping we finally evolved to a better system but I see things haven't changed.

The LCS I use to go to in Atlanta closed so I guess I'll need to find another one
    The J-man

I’m going to buy floppies until I absolutely can’t buy them. To the point were digital is my only option. To me that is the best way imo to support the books you love.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

If Marvel will publish the books that I want to buy/read, I'll consider preorders. The problem is that they make it too easy not to pull anything.