Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Disney has quite a few (heck, there's literally a board game about playing the bad guys and helping them win). Granted, they have a lot of villains we love to hate (for example, Jafar is a great villain we love to watch, even if we're still engaged with the heroes and want them to win), but there are some where they're just more interesting:

The only character I like more than Chenabog in Fantasia is Sorcerer Mickey.

Barbossa and Davy Jones stole the show in the Pirates of the Caribbean movies (although Jack did more thank hold his own in most of the movies; heck, part of what makes the first movie so great is the contest of wills between him and Barbossa).

Hades from Hercules: Very entertaining character with a goal it was fun to watch vs. a very boring, generic hero (actually, Hercules suffers from having a wonderful supporting cast that overshadows the protagonist).

Prince John from Robin Hood: I think Robin Hood and Little John work well for their role, but Prince John is one of the funniest Disney villains and the movie is the most liveliest when he's center stage.

Captain Hook and Mr. Smee from Peter Pan: Peter himself is pretty unlikeable and the kids are pretty bland (Kathryn Beaumont's wonderful voice performance as Wendy notwithstanding). I only watch the movie for Hook and Smee. (I did like Jane in the sequel a lot more, for what it's worth).

The scenes with Edgar, Napoleon, and Lafayette were my favorites in The Aristocats, so maybe that qualifies?
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    This. I wanted to see more of Wenwu.
    "I've lived ten of your lifetimes."
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Street Fighter Raul Julia is the only reason to truly watch that movie.
    I certainly agree that his Bison is so good he's the most fun character in that movie. Hugo Weaving as Red Skull reminds me of that take on Vega/ M. Bison, and is part of the reason Captain America: The First Avenger is one of my favorite MCU movies.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

I did not like Avatar and did not see the second, but I liked the villain better than the hero in the first.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Captain Hook and Mr. Smee from Peter Pan: Peter himself is pretty unlikeable and the kids are pretty bland (Kathryn Beaumont's wonderful voice performance as Wendy notwithstanding). I only watch the movie for Hook and Smee.
    "I've had an apostrophe!"
    "I think you mean an epiphany."
    "Lightning has struck my brain!"
    "That must certainly hurt."

They were great!

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    "I've had an apostrophe!"
    "I think you mean an epiphany."
    "Lightning has struck my brain!"
    "That must certainly hurt."

They were great!
    Don't remember those lines from either movie.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Don't remember those lines from either movie.
    Those lines are from Hook, which I consider my favorite Spielberg-directed movie.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

M*A*S*H the original movie back in the 1970s. I didn't like the villains but the "heroes" Hawkeye and Trapper, in the movie, were so cruel and sadistic that I hated them more than the villains.
    Power with Girl is better.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    M*A*S*H the original movie back in the 1970s. I didn't like the villains but the "heroes" Hawkeye and Trapper, in the movie, were so cruel and sadistic that I hated them more than the villains.
    Agree. And I felt the same way about the tv series. Man, did I want someone - ANYONE - to punch Hawkeye in the face. Col Potter too.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Agent Smith realized that people suck? Nothing new there...
    You think people suck? Wait'll you see the rest of the animal kingdom.

Char Aznable from Char's Counterattack movie is an awesome villain with a tragic shakespearean twist.

Incredible Member

John Walker/Captain America was the real hero of 'Falcon and the Winter Soldier.'

And while I wouldn't say I liked him more, I could see where Clubber Lang was coming from in 'Rocky III.' As unpleasant a man as he was, he had worked hard and paid his dues. He'd earned his shot at the championship and his anger at being denied it was understandable (although his behaviour certainly was not).

Quote Originally Posted by Zauriel View Post
    Char Aznable from Char's Counterattack movie is an awesome villain with a tragic shakespearean twist.
    Gundam in general does have some sympathetic villains from time to time; Gundam 0080 for example, although there are some that are just plain evil (Bask and Paptimus from Zeta for example, and especially Gihren Zabi)
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Heat - I guess DeNiro was the "bad guy" but he was much more likable than Pacino's cop.
    This was the first thought that came into my head reading the title.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zauriel View Post
    The villain so good that every Gundam series needs a Char clone.