Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Mighty Member

Default Movies where you liked the BAD GUY better?

Saw Creed III last week. Jonathan Majors did more for me in this. Flashbacks reveal young Adonis ran out on him after they got arrested for a fight Creed started. he did 18 years in the pen and Creeds mother hid his letters making him think he'd been forgotten, leaving Damian to do whatever he had to do to survive...

and YOUR preferred bad guy?

Ultimate Member

Shang-Chi.

Mighty Member

Thanks. Terminator and Darth Vader come to mind

Also mad dog from the raid

Astonishing Member

For a very recent newcomer, M3gan (and it's funny Vader and the Terminator have already been namedropped here because I'm sure M3gan conceptually takes clues from the second at least).

She's become visually iconic to the point we're getting a sequel with the 2 actors she most interacted with returning, which already tells what worked about the movie. M3gan is a victim of greedy capitalism and faulty development, both from David the CEO who bullies deadlines on his employees for the most profits, including Gemma who can't really care for her niece until she forces her to pair with M3gan. She's a modern day mad scientist with the slightest sympathies because she really seems to know no better. And even through all those flaws, M3gan worked her way up to become the whitest knight Cady could get (a little like Anakin becoming a Force powerhouse, maybe?) and even after Cady rejected her, M3gan didn't really hurt her. She hurled some insults, but compared to what she did to Gemma moments before, it was nothing.

Small Soldiers. Liked the soldiers way better !
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

All-New Member

I'm going to say Darth Vader too, he's the only one that comes to mind.

Last edited by damiendada; 02-16-2024 at 02:09 PM.

The villain
    Megamind
    The great race

In MAN WITH THE GOLDEN GUN, Christopher Lee's Scaramanga comes across as generally more likeable than Bond, who comes off as way more stand-offish, paranoid, condescending and rude than usual. And this is Roger Moore's Bond!

It seems like with this (and to a degree parts of LIVE AND LET DIE as well) they were trying to fit Roger into Connery's style but I think the way Bond acted in TWMGG was too much for him or even the more hard boiled Bonds like Dalton & Craig.

With TSWLM and it's followups, they seemed to incorporate more of Roger's own style and comedic timing which worked much better although many of the films that followed were uneven.

That being said, Bond's speech about he differs from Scaramanga at their lunch is one of the best Bond movie moments IMO.

Also it's actually the villain who has all the gadgets for once, unless you count Bond's fake "Superfluous papilla".
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Street Fighter Raul Julia is the only reason to truly watch that movie.

Extraordinary Member

Smokey And The Bandit

Jackie Gleason was perfection as Sherriff Buford T Justice.

Quote Originally Posted by caj View Post
    Smokey And The Bandit

Jackie Gleason was perfection as Sherriff Buford T Justice.
    I to this day want to see the version of Smokey and the Bandit III where he plays both Sherriff Justice and the Bandit. God, I hope that film is in a vault somewhere and wasn't destroyed.

Niffleheim

1. Star Wars universe makes it easy to root for the bad guys simply because the good guys are so incompetent. Palpatine, Vader and more.
    2. After recent chatter I don't know if I like Kevin McCallister more than I feel sorry for Harry and Merv because of his competency
    3. I wanted Thanos' plan to succeed but in a Marvel Universe the hero has to win which I like by the way.
    4. In a Batman universe I'm always rooting for the villains because they're the better characters until the end of their project when they end up unsuccessful. DK's Joker still a favourite.
    5. Alonzo Harris in Training Day is too charismatic not to like
    6. Michael and Vito Corleone in the Godfather I & II
    Last edited by Tofali; 03-31-2023 at 08:01 AM.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    Most Star Wars universe makes it easy to root for the bad guys simply because the good guys are so incompetent.
    While I wouldn't say I liked the villains showcased like Dooku and Grievous, but I definitely sided with the Separatist movement more than the Republic. The Republic failed the Mid and Outer Rims for thousands of years and are shocked the people want to break away.

Extraordinary Member

I've loved the original crew of the Enterprise for decades on Star Trek...

...but I was loving Khan pretty much in TWOK. Ricardo Montalban was incredible in the film and I could really understand why Khan was so angry.

Heat - I guess DeNiro was the "bad guy" but he was much more likable than Pacino's cop.