Spectacular Member

Default Superboy: Future's End #1 Preview

Fantastic Member

The Art is odd to me but thats me

Astonishing Member

Oy, quirky, animated Caldwell art ... a youthful black Guardian, a Rose Wilson with good characterization and another girl, a passing reference to the possible former location of Titans Tower ... I did not expect to want to read this.

It looks like one of those rare "this one issue is better than the last 34 combined" scenarios, perhaps.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Wow well this is kind of the punk rock facelift I was hoping SUPERBOY would get.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by dantefrizzoli View Post
    The Art is odd to me but thats me
    I'm not too into the art myself, but what really Troubles me is............... What the hell happened to Superboys Powers??

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Warrior10 View Post
    I'm not too into the art myself, but what really Troubles me is............... What the hell happened to Superboys Powers??
    It's called a do over.when you go so far in one direction that you lose the basis for his powers you need to start all over sometime to get back to where he should be.

Either he has been depowered and now using only kryptonian powers,which would seem to be strictly golden age superman powers(not YJ tv show or new 52 action comics #1 levels) OR his TTK was depowered to this level, which can also work just as easy.i have been a fan of both the "hybrid" powerset and the "psionic superman" powerset,so I'm cool with both.

Kon is back.

Nothing else matters.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by brandnewfan View Post
    Kon is back.

Nothing else matters.
    Well I would like to say that too,but DC kinda screwed him up enough times now that we have to worry atleast a lil bit lol.

Quote Originally Posted by stephens2177 View Post
    Well I would like to say that too,but DC kinda screwed him up enough times now that we have to worry atleast a lil bit lol.
    True. Better than him being dead and forgotten. But very true.

Spectacular Member devinofthedead's Avatar

This preview looks good. I haven't read any Superboy, but I may pick this up. I've also heard the last arc written by Kuder was pretty good. Do you guys think they will relaunch the Superboy title?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by devinofthedead View Post
    This preview looks good. I haven't read any Superboy, but I may pick this up. I've also heard the last arc written by Kuder was pretty good. Do you guys think they will relaunch the Superboy title?

I think it will be more of a Superboy/gen 13 mashup relaunch.as you can see in the preview Freefall is there saving kon from falling,and we have seen the teaser at the end of the supergirl issue,not to mention Fairchild has been in the book a lot already,grunge in a issue.

I think they will have a mission to achieve,and that's why they will get together, and that mission is to stop SUPER clones, cause I think Fairchild (in the teaser) is going after the wrong clone.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Buying this issue for sure! LOVE LOVE LOVE the colored art. Supporting cast feels great. I'm into the de powered Superboy. Maybe the Jons took most of the power when they died. But seriously though it doesn't really matter. I'm into it.

Honestly I'm very much looking forward to this issue!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Buying this issue for sure! LOVE LOVE LOVE the colored art. Supporting cast feels great. I'm into the de powered Superboy. Maybe the Jons took most of the power when they died. But seriously though it doesn't really matter. I'm into it.

Honestly I'm very much looking forward to this issue!

Agreed,and did you see the pic of the classic yellow S leather jacket on the wall?