Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 182425262728

spoilers:
    They finally address why Kirk has gone so off the rails and it involves his death and resurrection...which, yeah, I guess that can justify a huge character shift but it's still kind of rough seeing him go so far into being an obsessive, crazy, villain with a warped fanboy aspect.

I had a feeling Stone wasn't actually Shush, but she was still Damian's former instructor and he exposed her by playing into her grudge against him.

I didn't have Ms. Hall as Shush on my bingo card but they actually did connect her back to Tommy. The 'ol "surprise protege who we've never heard about before and is out for revenge" plot. Though respect for actually coming around and realizing Batman wasn't the problem.

Maybe we should drop Di Meo at this point if he can't even do whole issues any more.
    end of spoilers

A good issue.
    Good not solid.
    @Frontier pretty much touched on all my thoughts.

Grateful to be getting this series right now

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    spoilers:
    They finally address why Kirk has gone so off the rails and it involves his death and resurrection...which, yeah, I guess that can justify a huge character shift but it's still kind of rough seeing him go so far into being an obsessive, crazy, villain with a warped fanboy aspect.

I had a feeling Stone wasn't actually Shush, but she was still Damian's former instructor and he exposed her by playing into her grudge against him.

I didn't have Ms. Hall as Shush on my bingo card but they actually did connect her back to Tommy. The 'ol "surprise protege who we've never heard about before and is out for revenge" plot. Though respect for actually coming around and realizing Batman wasn't the problem.

Maybe we should drop Di Meo at this point if he can't even do whole issues any more.
    end of spoilers
    I wish i understood why they promise teams and then the artist cant commit for more then the first 6 issues?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    spoilers:

end of spoilers
    Now can't stop imagining the Bat rouge as gossipy hens. Lol.

So, Shush gets gutted by Manbat, but can still go teach at school? lol

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by chachi View Post
    So, Shush gets gutted by Manbat, but can still go teach at school? lol
    We see comic characters do this all the time.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

The reveals of both Shush and Damian's past teacher were a little too abrupt and easy but overall the action was fun and the character moments were solid.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Extraordinary Member

Batman and Robin #10 Preview
    Writer: Joshua Williamson
    Artists: Nikola Čižmešija and Simone Di Meo

The Dynamic Duo back together to take on Man-Bat .

I wonder where Francine is in all this.

spoilers:
    Nice to see Kyle finally cut loose and it seems like he's maybe gaining some semblance of stability again.

The rare time Hal tries to play by the book and it ends badly. Who'da thunk it? But the action sequence against the Council Lanterns was pretty cool, especially with Hal dual-wielding and Simon dual-wielding construct pistols (which feels like a natural evolution of his old trusty pistol).

The Unseen? Really curious where that's going.

Sometimes when you're in your darkest hour...you need a little love in your heart as Carol returns as Star Sapphire. It looks like Xermanico is using her New 52 suit with some new flourishes and the colors shifted around a little, and also no mask, but it looks pretty nice. I also like how Carol makes a big splash to save Hal but she's so out of practice she has no idea what to do.

I guess that's one way to finally get Carol into your place.

I almost feel bad for Carol's fiance that they were this close to being married and then she just ditched him to go into space and confess her feelings to Hal. Terrible timing for Waller's group to interrupt though. Is that King Shark or The Shark?

So I guess Thaaros is going to inevitably target Earth because of the Lanterns inside it...but first, here's Amanda Waller because she needs to be everywhere these days.

Guy Gardner: Cszarnian mailman is not how I expected this storyline to go but seeing all the Czarnian's love Guy while he hates every minute of it was priceless.

So Guy now has something of Krona's that will probably help the GL's against Thaaros. And now a Czarnian is going to be using his "Warrior" name as a wrestler, which I'm sure Guy is overjoyed about.
    end of spoilers

Well, the next arc is going to be really huge.
    spoilers:
    Maya and Goliath are back + Damian finally confronting Bane.
    end of spoilers
    So, I guess, Flatline and Ra's ghost is a set-up for some other story arc in the future? I wonder how long it will take to get to some resolution.
    Last edited by Morgoth; 06-11-2024 at 09:11 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    Well, the next arc is going to be really huge.
    spoilers:
    Maya and Goliath are back + Damian finally confronting Bane.
    end of spoilers
    So, I guess, Flatline and Ra's ghost is a set-up for some other story arc in the future? I wonder how long it will take to get to some resolution.
    It was great to Williamson to make good on his promise. Mabey we will see Colin one day. Did Maya grow she should he 18 a young woman now.

And definitely Ra’s never stays gone for too long, so we will see him and flatline again now that she is being haunted
    And her sister is with the DEO