Page 13 of 27 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Attachment 133595

Maybe I should have written that it was Didio's ghost.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    I believe that was a joke. This forum tends to blame everything bad on Dan Didio.

Oh, OK. lol

Just read Wayne family adventures and it made me think of one thing…has Williamson said if Goliath will be around? He used him in his robin series after all.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Just read Wayne family adventures and it made me think of one thing…has Williamson said if Goliath will be around? He used him in his robin series after all.
    He would fit the whole "monster" vibe of the first arc.

Cool

got to read issue #1 yesterday

really enjoyed it! Great story and artwork. after u read bat 137 this title makes a lot of more sense. there's amazing two pages spreads in this book that really showcase the artist ability for Williamson's story.

already paid for the 1st 2 issues so I'm in! shush cameo also
    Last edited by MAR420X; 08-13-2023 at 04:43 PM.

Mighty Member

Grea to hear. Pretty stoked for this.

Quote Originally Posted by MAR420X View Post
    got to read issue #1 yesterday

really enjoyed it! Great story and artwork. after u read bat 137 this title makes a lot of more sense. there's amazing two pages spreads in this book that really showcase the artist ability for Williamson's story.

already paid for the 1st 2 issues so I'm in! shush cameo also
    Batman 137? I'm a bit suprised to hear that. So far Zdarsky has focused his attention on Bruce and Tim as Batman and Robin.

Astonishing Member

I guess it's probably about everybody picking a side in Gotham War, and Damian picking Bruce's, though, I might be wrong, but this connection would make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    I guess it's probably about everybody picking a side in Gotham War, and Damian picking Bruce's, though, I might be wrong, but this connection would make sense.
    I assumed Damian would take Bruce's side (both readers and I guess editorial are kind of over them being at odds), but considering that Zdarsky hasn't exactly shown any interest in Damian so far I though Batman and Batman and Robin (2023) would simply ignore each other.

I'm simply suprised that there is possibly a connection at all. Zdarsky wasn't subtle about pushing Tim as Bruce's perfect Robin so I though Batman and Batman and Robin would not be connected to avoid the awkwardness that stems from having two Robins.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Astralabius View Post
    I assumed Damian would take Bruce's side (both readers and I guess editorial are kind of over them being at odds), but considering that Zdarsky hasn't exactly shown any interest in Damian so far I though Batman and Batman and Robin (2023) would simply ignore each other.

I'm simply suprised that there is possibly a connection at all. Zdarsky wasn't subtle about pushing Tim as Bruce's perfect Robin so I though Batman and Batman and Robin would not be connected to avoid the awkwardness that stems from having two Robins.
    Although Zdarsky likes Tim, I suspect the push in Batman was mainly to promote Tim's solo. So, I wouldn't be surprised the push is for Bruce and Damian's relationship now.

Sometimes it isn't personal, just bussiness
    Last edited by Konja7; 08-14-2023 at 08:19 AM.

Williamson has another podcast with Comic Pop coming out tomorrow, and apparently there's going to be lot about B&R, so be on the look out for that.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    Although Zdarsky likes Tim, I suspect the push in Batman was mainly to promote Tim's solo. So, I wouldn't be surprised the push is for Bruce and Damian's relationship now.

Sometimes it isn't personal, just bussiness
    I feel like it never end up well for a character when a writer gets forced to do something. It will be interesting now that he is forced to acknowledge a second partner

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by garazza View Post
    Williamson has another podcast with Comic Pop coming out tomorrow, and apparently there's going to be lot about B&R, so be on the look out for that.
    And it's out.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    For whatever reason, I was just not looking forward to this. I thought Josh was just going to present this book in a way that would continue to rub me the wrong way, but I was pleasantly surprised.

He defended Damian against those bad faith attacks that he's just a villain by bringing up that he's still just a kid/teenager who had a very different upbringing from just about any other character. He emphasized wanting there to be at least one moment in each issue where Bruce and Damian are out of costume which I really appreciate and think should be standard practice across DC's entire publishing line.

He also brought up something else I liked about cutting a line where Damian says "You either trust me or you don't" to Bruce because they already trust each other and he doesn't need to retread old ground and wants to show the next step past them trusting each other. I thought Josh referring to Damian as a teenager was going to piss me off but I liked how he presented it as it having been a while since Bruce had an actual teenager around and how he's going to have to navigate that after a long time.

Simone di Meo's art is the thing I'm looking forward to the least and they showed a page that was just his inks, which I liked so much better than the finished product so it's the coloring that's been my biggest problem with the art.

Extraordinary Member

I don't think this page has been posted before:

https://twitter.com/Williamson_Josh/...44036358623232

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    I don't think this page has been posted before:

https://twitter.com/Williamson_Josh/...44036358623232

Aw, father and son fist bump .

White Rabbit's new look is something .