Page 1 of 27 1234511 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Default Batman & Robin by Joshua Williamson and Simone Di Meo

Last edited by Hypo; 03-31-2023 at 02:59 PM.

I bet DiMeo doesn’t last more than three issues. Still I liked Williamson’s Robin, although not his filler Batman run, I’ll give this a chance. Hopefully it’s more centered around Damian than Bruce.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Astonishing Member

Williamson is one of the best writers in terms of writing Damian, so, I'm all in, his Robin ongoing was one of the best things in Infinity Frontier. And I hope that Bruce and Damian relationship will finally be stable, it's time to stop putting them against each other. I hope Flatline will appear as well.
    I wonder, what that means for Tim, since he currently has a role of ''Robin in Gotham''.

I'm not a huge Williamson fan, I'm not a huge Damian fan and there's already more Batman comics than I can afford to pay for...

Astonishing Member

https://aiptcomics.com/2023/03/31/da...man-and-robin/
    Launching in September, Batman & Robin spins out of Batman vs. Robin and Lazarus Planet, where Bruce and Damian Wayne are back together again, investigating mysterious new cases and monsters in Gotham!

Extraordinary Member

I know Shadow War soured a lot of people on Williamson and Batman (for good reason) but I'm actually kind of excited for this.

We finally have Bruce and Damian together again as Batman and Robin, the Dynamic Duo finally in an ongoing book together, after so many years. And we know Williamson can write Damian and he can write Bruce decently (more often than not) so hopefully divorced from having to be an event we can get some actually good content with these two together again.

It looks like Damian gets his own Robinmobile?

Villain-wise we've got a bunch of animal themed villains together (Killer Croc, Man-Bat, Orca, White Rabbit, I don't know who that guy behind her is...I don't think it's Professor Pyg).
    Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    Williamson is one of the best writers in terms of writing Damian, so, I'm all in, his Robin ongoing was one of the best things in Infinity Frontier. And I hope that Bruce and Damian relationship will finally be stable, it's time to stop putting them against each other. I hope Flatline will appear as well.
    I wonder, what that means for Tim, since he currently has a role of ''Robin in Gotham''.
    Zdarsky might keep using Tim.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Zdarsky might keep using Tim.
    But what's the point of Batman and Robin book, if the main book technically is also about Dynamic Duo, even though it's different Robin?

But what's the point of Batman and Robin book, if the main book technically is also about Dynamic Duo, even though it's different Robin?
    So we can have a Robin character that isn't stepping on Williamson's toes with Damian?

Because Tim isn’t the co-lead of the main book, he’s basically in the “Alfred” role of being the most prominent supporting character. And really he’s just there so DC doesn’t have their bi Robin that they made a big deal of unceremoniously disappear like he would otherwise.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

It's not the Damian solo I had hoped for, but I will take it. I hope this means Damian can finally be allowed to show up in other books as well.

That's a cool announcement, looking forward to reading it. But Damain's face looks more like Tim. Thankfully his costume is very different from Tim's, so we can know who it is.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Because Tim isn’t the co-lead of the main book, he’s basically in the “Alfred” role of being the most prominent supporting character. And really he’s just there so DC doesn’t have their bi Robin that they made a big deal of unceremoniously disappear like he would otherwise.
    Tim is there because Zdarsky wanted to write him, he said that when he took over Batman.

Glad we got a Batman and Robin book with Bruce and Damina too many writers like to avoid their relationship I'm glad we are getting a book where it will be developed.

Quote Originally Posted by ZuLuLu View Post
    Tim is there because Zdarsky wanted to write him, he said that when he took over Batman.

Glad we got a Batman and Robin book with Bruce and Damina too many writers like to avoid their relationship I'm glad we are getting a book where it will be developed.
    We finally have a Dynamic Duo book again!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ZuLuLu View Post
    Yeah. Zdarsky seems to like Tim. That the main reason why Tim appears in the Batman comic.

That said, Tim appears mainly in the backup of Batman. So, Tim has little interaction with Bruce.