Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 16222324252627 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

This run really is great in showing that Bruce really can be a good dad.

Very sweet stuff with good ass-kicking too.

Extraordinary Member

What annoys me is that Zsasz should techically ne either dead or a Zombi and the same goes for Manbat.

I'm also not sure if the whole back story of his "son" even works out timelinewise, since Zsasz is villain from the 90s.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    What annoys me is that Zsasz should techically ne either dead or a Zombi and the same goes for Manbat.

I'm also not sure if the whole back story of his "son" even works out timelinewise, since Zsasz is villain from the 90s.
    Why should they be dead or zombies?
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    Why should they be dead or zombies?
    Because of what happend in Taskforce Z.

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post

It's kind of funny in light of Williamson actually acknowledging Task Force Z stuff in his Green Arrow run.

Sliding timescale being what it is, this kid would be young enough to imprint on Zsasz. He's not his actual son.

The felt paper thin but the father son moments more than make up for that. Right now I'm just satisfied seeing them getting along.

So Bruce is living vicariously through Damian. Experiencing the high school life he never had.
    I like that a lot. That plus improving his social interaction skills via exposure to teens his age gives more believable reason for why Damian has to go back in his schooling and redo this academic stage that he left years ago.

I noticed that this issue where Flatline returns was released on Valentine's day. Nice.
    Can't wait to see how the intro goes.

The art is so off putting but the story makes it easier to stomach.

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    The felt paper thin but the father son moments more than make up for that. Right now I'm just satisfied seeing them getting along.

So Bruce is living vicariously through Damian. Experiencing the high school life he never had.
    I like that a lot. That plus improving his social interaction skills via exposure to teens his age gives more believable reason for why Damian has to go back in his schooling and redo this academic stage that he left years ago.

I noticed that this issue where Flatline returns was released on Valentine's day. Nice.
    Can't wait to see how the intro goes.

The art is so off putting but the story makes it easier to stomach.
    I think it's normal for a parent to want their kid to get the life they weren't allowed to.

Extraordinary Member

Batman and Robin #7 Preview
    Writer: Joshua Williamson
    Artist: Simone Di Meo

Simone Di Meo is back, for better or worse depending on who you ask .

I guess one thing I'll give credit for is basically inverting Kirk's entire story. He became Man-Bat out of idolization of Batman and what he represented but now sees him as failing to live up to that ideal. It's still a weird villain turn.

I'm starting to think the principal isn't Shush because their personalities feel different. The principle is more calm and collected while Shush is in a rush to attack Batman and Robin.

Also are those three Robins supposed to be Dick, Jason, and Tim?

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    Batman and Robin #7 Preview
    Writer: Joshua Williamson
    Artist: Simone Di Meo

I can understand why this Man Bat is offended that bars are used as a symbol of fear. Kirk Langstrom has always been too human not enough bat for me, but someone who actually likes and studies bats taking the manbat serum would be justified in being offended by bats being used as weapons. There are over a thousand species of bats and only a handful of them are known to murder members of their own species. (Vampire bats will kill the orphans if their rivals, but that’s only if they are certain the mother is dead. They don’t kill babies with living mothers, and have been documented adopting the orphans of close friends. So no moral judgment, especially as humans do worse.) Only a handful are known to kill members of other species and that’s because they’re carnivores. However, most species actively seek out living spaces with different species and….well. Bats are kinky. Very kinky. And also apparently into consent as some species have been documented with a call alerting females to males that don’t accept refusal to mate and said males get mobbed and driven out. In North America, it’s apparently a recognized call across species, with multiple females of multiple species driving out the male who doesn’t understand that no means no.

Am I taking this as an opportunity to talk about bats? Yes. Yes, I am. Because bats are awesome and anyone who volunteers to take the manbat serum probably feels the same way.

Quote Originally Posted by Arctic Cyclist View Post
    I can understand why this Man Bat is offended that bars are used as a symbol of fear. Kirk Langstrom has always been too human not enough bat for me, but someone who actually likes and studies bats taking the manbat serum would be justified in being offended by bats being used as weapons. There are over a thousand species of bats and only a handful of them are known to murder members of their own species. (Vampire bats will kill the orphans if their rivals, but that’s only if they are certain the mother is dead. They don’t kill babies with living mothers, and have been documented adopting the orphans of close friends. So no moral judgment, especially as humans do worse.) Only a handful are known to kill members of other species and that’s because they’re carnivores. However, most species actively seek out living spaces with different species and….well. Bats are kinky. Very kinky. And also apparently into consent as some species have been documented with a call alerting females to males that don’t accept refusal to mate and said males get mobbed and driven out. In North America, it’s apparently a recognized call across species, with multiple females of multiple species driving out the male who doesn’t understand that no means no.

Am I taking this as an opportunity to talk about bats? Yes. Yes, I am. Because bats are awesome and anyone who volunteers to take the manbat serum probably feels the same way.
    Respect the bats .

Extraordinary Member

Nika is so unserious
    IMG_8309.jpg

I still feel like this "Big Bad" turn for Langstrom is a bit much but I can at least respect that Williamson seems to be taking a cue from Kirk's origin where he was this massive fan of Batman's whole image and bats and now taking that in a darker direction.

Simone Di Meo is back (for better or worse depending on who you ask) though I love how they had art of the other Robins and they all looked near identical.

Flatline has returned! And finally meeting her BF's dad! She and Damian are as cute as ever, and I like how even Batman realizes he can't really lecture Damian on running around with and busting skulls with a beautiful and sassy female criminal, though I also love how Flatline was pretty respectful towards Bruce.

I totally forgot Flatline had a sister in her origin story...and now she's running around with the same powers as a criminal too. A nemesis for Flatline? Will she try to set her sister back to the straight and narrow? Will this cause conflict between her and Robin?

Nothing complicates a relationship more than having the spirit of your boyfriends' grandfather stuck in your head.

I guess it would be too much to expect everyone to be able to mutate into an animal.

I'm starting to wonder if Shush really is the principal because she seems way too aggressive compared to how calculated the principal appeared to be. And she's willing to work with both sides, so what is her actual endgoal?

Astonishing Member

I'm glad Williamson is actually picking up that storyline with Ra's that was set up during Lazarus Planet.

When Bruce told Damian to be careful, I was half-expecting Damian to jokingly reply telling him not to worry about becoming a grampa just yet