Page 17 of 27 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718192021 ... LastLast

This is the only title set during Gotham War worth reading at the moment. No nonsensical premise, OOC characterization, just good old fashioned Batman and Robin together as a team, a Dynamic Duo, fighting crime and getting along as a team for the first time in...years (not counting when they had Tim fill in). It's just a fun book.

Joshua Williamson has a good handle on both Bruce and Damians' voices and their chemistry together as father and son as they reconcile being partners together again after so long apart and everything that's happened between them (I noticed Damians' flashbacks seem to blatantly ignore his last Titans team). There's still a bit of tension between there, but they feel like a family again and the way Damian imparts Alfreds' wisdom during their mealtime was a really sweet scene.

Simone Di Meo's art is very appropriate for this book, colorful and dynamic but also with sharp edges to denote that this is still a Batman book at the end of the day. The colors also lend itself well to that.

I like White Rabbit's new look. Williamson seems to like her, and I know she's showing up again later, so that's cool.

I feel like that lady wants to do more than just babysit Damian when she's visiting Bruce...

That's straight up Naruto in Damian's room. And Insomniacs After School!?

I thought Bruce would re-enroll Damian in Gotham Academy, knowing Williamson is a fan, but I guess he already got expelled from there and maybe dealing with more "normal" kids will be good for him.

Who needs the Batmobile when you've got Damians' souped up ride?

Killer Croc! Orca! The Terrible Trio! The Trio looked out of place until the reveal they'd been mutated. Gotham Monsters are finally making the city their own. Is Man-Bat brainwashed again?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Felipe Silveira View Post
    She literally tried all the Robins, but none of them wanted it.
    In outlaws they seem to have some sort of past. They were married in deceased, together in titans

She a good fit for an outlaws team, and isn’t so gamebusting that she can’t come to Gotham like Artemis and Starfire.

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    In outlaws they seem to have some sort of past. They were married in deceased, together in titans

She a good fit for an outlaws team, and isn’t so gamebusting that she can’t come to Gotham like Artemis and Starfire.
    Is this the fate of DC's female characters? Support Batboys? Where is Kid Devil? Hosun, who Rose married, is unfortunately dead.
    She is a Titan, she could be better used in a Wonder Girl (Cassie) comic book. There are a lot of better things to do with Rose than putting her in a Batboy comic to show how badass he is. Jason and Rose do not bring any benefit to the character.

Extraordinary Member

Is this the fate of DC's female characters? Support Batboys? Where is Kid Devil? Hosun, who Rose married, is unfortunately dead.
    She is a Titan, she could be better used in a Wonder Girl (Cassie) comic book. There are a lot of better things to do with Rose than putting her in a Batboy comic to show how badass he is. Jason and Rose do not bring any benefit to the character.
    Now there is a joke.

Yeah she is a titan, but unfortunately because of the 2003 tv show, everyone(general public) only cares about the 5 in from that series. DC doesn't want to take risks on other characters especialy not the E listers you mentioned above. So yeah, I guess when she not chasing her horrible crazy abusive father who continues to throw her aside and let down again and again running around with batboys is a fun alternative. The benefit is she get to not be in limbo or chained to her father

rose and jason.jpg
    I'd personally like her to take up residence in bludhaven, I wanted more street level vigilantes in that city over the demi god Titans that now occupy it.

anyway those two have this unspoken thing since 2011, quick flirts, mentions of jobs they took on together, being contacts and allies I just wish it was more defined

Astonishing Member

In recent years, Deathstroke and his support cast have been closer to the Bat-Family than to the rest of the Titans, so it is not surprising that Rose increasingly appears with them. Moreover, she has a history with all four.

What does this do for the character? Anyone who wants to read Rose won't buy a Red Hood comic for that, because they know there's nothing for her there.

On Cassie being E-list: Is this a joke? The WW core doesn't sell as much as the Batman core, but the last Wonder Girl comic we had sold more than any Red Hood or Robin Tim Drake comic in recent years. Which even sold less than Jace Fox. Are these A list?

Isn't Rose part of the Stormwatch now?
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Extraordinary Member

What does this do for the character? Anyone who wants to read Rose won't buy a Red Hood comic for that, because they know there's nothing for her there.

On Cassie being E-list: Is this a joke? The WW core doesn't sell as much as the Batman core, but the last Wonder Girl comic we had sold more than any Red Hood or Robin Tim Drake comic in recent years. Which even sold less than Jace Fox. Are these A list?
    Well I don't think there are enough people who just want Rose to justify a comic of her at the moment, so attaching her to batfamily allows more eyes on her, to gain new fans and popularity. All it does is benifit her. where else is she gonna go? She does not meld with the current titans team, Tim drakes club is struggling to find where they belong, I guess she can go back to running aorund with slade when he returns until he ditches her again.

Anyway at the moment she is not in a Redhood book, its a Joker book. Although she has appeared in his books, she talks about him in books that he doesnt appear in. No writer wants to label it just yet I guess

And I wasnt talking about Cassie being an E lister, that was Kid devil and hosun. However Cassie is unlikely to ever get ongoing of her own from the current DC. Your right Yara Flor was selling amazing, its to bad Her writer/artist overloaded herself and could not keep up and got into two tracing scandals. Luckily DC hasnt given up on her, but her presence does seem to be affecting cassie. I think of cassie more of a C list character ( Long absences, but never greater then a year, occasional mentions by other characters, spends majority of time in large ensemble roles)

After Dark Crisis Rose was supposed to be back on the Titans, but she ended up on Stormwatch. Let's see where Brisso gets with this title, although it's bad to see Rose surrounded by terrible people.

I wonder if Williamson will bring in any of Damian's tournament buddies. I mean, Flatline has to show up at some point.

Extraordinary Member

After Dark Crisis Rose was supposed to be back on the Titans, but she ended up on Stormwatch. Let's see where Brisso gets with this title, although it's bad to see Rose surrounded by terrible people.
    Terrible people? I think some Bias is leaking here

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I wonder if Williamson will bring in any of Damian's tournament buddies. I mean, Flatline has to show up at some point.
    She is his creation so I would hope so. I hope he has her over for dinner lol. Connor should be busy in Green arrow, especially if Dinah is now leading BOP. Ravager is alive somewhere, but I honestly don't know whats next for him, Slade cared about him, but Slade is a toxic abusive POS and I wish Rose who has her oracle eye could see that so i doubt that kid will. Hs return is probably contingent on Deathstrokes. But Do we want another Father son fight bonding face off again. DC has exhausted me with entangling Damian and Deathstroke over the last decade

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Terrible people? I think some Bias is leaking here
    Shado, Peacekeeper-1, Phantom One

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Shado, Peacekeeper-1, Phantom One
    I'm still waiting for Peacekeeper to die horribly.

A miserably awful character, doesn't deserve to star in any book unless its him crying like a baby after getting his ass kicked.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm really hoping to see Flatline pop up in this book sooner than later.

I really enjoyed her in Robin and by the end of that book, they seemed to kinda be a thing. It'd be nice to see Williamson follow-up on it and explore their relationship more.