Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 172324252627

I like how the gray lettering is used to indicate a character whispering. Shush's speech bubbles are kinda hard for me to read, but that's the point because in my head I actually do hear her words as a whisper and as I'm straining to read her words, the characters are also straining to hear her. Shout out to Steve Wands.

Again, I have to reiterate my hate for Flatline as Damian's love interest. She's a decent character and has more going for her in regards to her sister, Lord Death Man, and Ra's, but this forced and contrived romance is seriously detrimental. I also hate Bruce's tacit approval of what he thinks is going on between Damian and Flatline.

I may change my mind if it's revealed that she has only been manipulating Damian and leading him on to think she has feelings for him when she has some ulterior motive. There is more tangible evidence that she is not as she seems, but everything is trying to make it seem "Look how cute they are!" and all I have to say to that is "They sure are standing next to each other."

And I'm also really tired of the "We know how to be Batman and Robin, but not father and son." One, please stop right out stating your thesis statement of the book. It's weak. And two, it's not as true a statement as you think it is. Just because you keep saying it doesn't automatically mean it's true.

Also, Damian is not attending high school again. This is his first time attending. It's not good to imply otherwise. But that's a relatively minor complaint of mine. (Another complaint is that the credits on the cover are wrong, but that's even more minor)

I think my complaining about editor's notes may be working because there were a couple of instances where the dialogue mentioned previous events and readers are directed to where those events occurred. Was that so hard?

Simone di Meo is back at his peak of wasting precious page space to show the readers absolutely nothing relevant while also making action unclear and unable to be followed. It's just panels that are put next to each other that only show one thing that have no relation to those around it.

And god, is it not more obvious than this issue that Damian is made to look exactly like Tim.

Quote Originally Posted by garazza View Post
    I like how the gray lettering is used to indicate a character whispering. Shush's speech bubbles are kinda hard for me to read, but that's the point because in my head I actually do hear her words as a whisper and as I'm straining to read her words, the characters are also straining to hear her. Shout out to Steve Wands.

Again, I have to reiterate my hate for Flatline as Damian's love interest. She's a decent character and has more going for her in regards to her sister, Lord Death Man, and Ra's, but this forced and contrived romance is seriously detrimental. I also hate Bruce's tacit approval of what he thinks is going on between Damian and Flatline.

I may change my mind if it's revealed that she has only been manipulating Damian and leading him on to think she has feelings for him when she has some ulterior motive. There is more tangible evidence that she is not as she seems, but everything is trying to make it seem "Look how cute they are!" and all I have to say to that is "They sure are standing next to each other."

And I'm also really tired of the "We know how to be Batman and Robin, but not father and son." One, please stop right out stating your thesis statement of the book. It's weak. And two, it's not as true a statement as you think it is. Just because you keep saying it doesn't automatically mean it's true.

Also, Damian is not attending high school again. This is his first time attending. It's not good to imply otherwise. But that's a relatively minor complaint of mine. (Another complaint is that the credits on the cover are wrong, but that's even more minor)

I think my complaining about editor's notes may be working because there were a couple of instances where the dialogue mentioned previous events and readers are directed to where those events occurred. Was that so hard?

Simone di Meo is back at his peak of wasting precious page space to show the readers absolutely nothing relevant while also making action unclear and unable to be followed. It's just panels that are put next to each other that only show one thing that have no relation to those around it.

And god, is it not more obvious than this issue that Damian is made to look exactly like Tim.
    I think she genuinely likes Damian, but Ra's is making her do something.

Astonishing Member

The problem of this whole Ra's thing is that, knowing the entire story of Robins relationships, there's a high probability that it might cause a huge rift between Damian and Nika (depends on what exactly Ra's is planning here), and I really don't want that to happen, because their relationship is actually pretty good and healthy, which is rare for comics.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    The problem of this whole Ra's thing is that, knowing the entire story of Robins relationships, there's a high probability that it might cause a huge rift between Damian and Nika (depends on what exactly Ra's is planning here), and I really don't want that to happen, because their relationship is actually pretty good and healthy, which is rare for comics.
    Especially considering it's Damian's first relationship.

I did not readed comics For more than 1 year. But a friend made me interested in Batman&Robin
    I like Bruce&Damian relation here... So Damian has one ex-teacher that seems be this SHUSH and is not related with the HUSH.

I already saw ROBIN 7. I like the Nika Subplot.

---
    It seems that MAN-Bat is smarter than ever with this form..

The chapter makes obvious that Damian&FL are a ship..
    AlGhul appeared talking with FL. I heard that this continues from Lazarus Planet.

Nika sister trying to... find her? ended "having problems"(joining them) with a group of criminals ending in Gotham and.... The Grandpa was right. His powers skipped 1 generation. Both have white hair and Mila skin could maybe turn pale later too..
    KINDA of Ironic how the sister that considered her a Weirdo ended following the Criminal Path and with powers TOO. Or she adapted to the Special Situation or both sisters underestimate each other(FL called her naive)

I think.. That the KGB attacked Nika family again(why they would stop? is a big organization. Not a small gang). The dad is dead and for this Mila left her mom side(not for Nika) and unlocked the power... If they are only interested in the Grandpa descendance the mom life could be spared. The KGB would be only interested in Nika and Mila.
    Mila wants them leave because probably was not even interested in find Nika. She is a fugitive.

So Cobblepot and Ra´s are dead.. FOR NOW.

Batman... You must not provoke a CULTIST. That people is insane. However. Take that decision killed him.
    Not sure if is a good choice ally with your enemy ally.
    Last edited by adrikito; 03-12-2024 at 04:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I totally forgot Flatline had a sister in her origin story...and now she's running around with the same powers as a criminal too. A nemesis for Flatline? Will she try to set her sister back to the straight and narrow? Will this cause conflict between her and Robin?

Nothing complicates a relationship more than having the spirit of your boyfriends' grandfather stuck in your head.

I'm starting to wonder if Shush really is the principal because she seems way too aggressive compared to how calculated the principal appeared to be. And she's willing to work with both sides, so what is her actual endgoal?
    Except surprise I do not think that Mila will be cured.
    Even considering Nika Weird. It seems that she adapted to these Weird powers and the Criminal life easily. She had the chance here to escape after the randoms were defeated and did not took it. She helped the enemy. I think that the only "Black sheep"(the naive one) in this family is the dad.

Are we sure that she really tried to Find Nika? This seems a LIE.
    I see more likely that the KGB attacked Nika family again
    (We do not talk about one gang. Nika did not killed all of them) and the sister unlocked the powers during that attack and had to leave too. For this Mila has to hide and live as criminal. Is not like she can return to her normal life. Keep the powers having the KGB as enemy seems the best.

Perhaps their mom only wanted them reunited again to protect each other... Something that they could use to improve their relation. They never were that similar before. a Criminal sisters with the same/similar powers. But their previous bad relationship perhaps makes this unlikely.

That Ra´s.... He will ruin his grandson life AGAIN?

I can not understand Shush neither. Perhaps Kirk decided make the opposite to what she wanted?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think she genuinely likes Damian, but Ra's is making her do something.
    It would not surprise me.
    Watching their relation I do not think that her sister can ruin their ship but.. Ra´s looks like a spirit here. If that is the case probably he wants to be resurrected. Sigh.. Alfred has been dead for more time.
    Last edited by adrikito; 03-13-2024 at 06:18 AM.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

I still don;t like Di Meo's art but that line from Batman about dating known criminals was just perfect. I really love how Williamson writes Bruce and Damian.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

I did notice inking didn't seem to be as heavy on Di Meo's art. huge improvement there. Another fun issue.

Extraordinary Member

BATMAN AND ROBIN #10
    Written by JOSHUA WILLIAMSON
    Art and cover by SIMONE DI MEO
    Variant cover by GLEB MELNIKOV
    Variant cover by GUILLEM MARCH
    1:25 variant cover by SERGIO ACUÑA
    $4.99 US | 32 pages | Variant $5.99 US (card stock)
    ON SALE 6/11/24

SHUSH RISES! Man-Bat’s plans have been unleashed on Gotham. The only person who can help Batman and Robin save the city is…SHUSH?! Can she set aside her hate for the dynamic duo and help, or will she let her quest for revenge overcome her?

Really curious what Shush's actual deal is.

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    Damian wearing so much Robin merch. I guess like Bat burger there must be hero merch to buy in the DCU.

Is that a Goliath plushie?

Extraordinary Member

Batman and Robin #8 Preview
    Writer: Joshua Williamson
    Artist: Nikola Čižmešija

Di Meo was gone quick and Punchline betrayed Damian faster than I expected.

Sisters over misters?

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Poor Damian, experiencing what his father goes through with women.

Betrayals and being unable to fully trust them, ahhhhh growing up.

Welp! That was fast.