Page 23 of 27 FirstFirst ... 13192021222324252627 LastLast

I'm very on board with Damian path to become the Captain Tsubasa of DC.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Astonishing Member

My only gripe with the Son of Zsaz is the possibility of seeing acts of animal cruelty by him since most serial killers start with animals. and its a contrast to Damian love for animals. Something I would not look forward to seeing on panel.

Quote Originally Posted by Rzerox21xx View Post
    My only gripe with the Son of Zsaz is the possibility of seeing acts of animal cruelty by him since most serial killers start with animals. and its a contrast to Damian love for animals. Something I would not look forward to seeing on panel.
    Everyone gets a kid nowadays. They need to stop, it just makes the main characters older.
    Pulls: Batman, Detective Comics, SiKtC, Catwoman, Nightwing, Titans, Godzilla, Wonder Woman, Batman & Robin, Brave and the Bold, No/One, Kill your Darlings, and Deviant.
    My runs: Batman #230-, and Detective #420-

Astonishing Member

They're already older, Bruce is depicted as an old man in his current ongoing.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SixSpeedSamurai View Post
    Everyone gets a kid nowadays. They need to stop, it just makes the main characters older.
    I don't really care about the age issue, it's more just that it feels over done.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Would Zsasz have had this kid back when he was a rich guy and not a serial killer? I can't see him having sex otherwise.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Would Zsasz have had this kid back when he was a rich guy and not a serial killer? I can't see him having sex otherwise.
    Well Harley was down dirty for Joker so its not completely impossible for a woman to be attracted to him I guess.

This was a fun issue. Loved all the bonding with Damian and Bruce doing school stuff. Adorable seeing Bruce cheering on for his son doing great in soccer.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    Well Harley was down dirty for Joker so its not completely impossible for a woman to be attracted to him I guess.

This was a fun issue. Loved all the bonding with Damian and Bruce doing school stuff. Adorable seeing Bruce cheering on for his son doing great in soccer.
    Well, serial killers definitely have groupies .

I really liked the issue. The change in art took care of most of the problems I've been having this far.

Like everyone else, I adored Bruce and Damian out in public engaging in school activities. As a former Boy Scout, I loved the fact that they're at a pancake breakfast like the ones I used to have to run. Good times.

I've always liked alternate superhero costumes for specific situations, especially aqua-based ones, so this issue was a real treat for me. This issue also addressed my complaint of father-son conversations happening at nonsensical times by having their conversation happen after Orca's interrogation, not during it.

I loved how Damian acted while at the school. It showed Damian's prickly personality in an unabashed light and combined with his teacher's observations of him, Williamson really captured what fans have found endearing about Damian.

I know I give Simone di Meo a lot of ****, but Cizmesija managed to show Damian playing soccer in two pages and one 9 panel grid (I thought Tom King was the only one allowed to use those lol) what di Meo would've wasted with several pages and at least two double page splashes. Di Meo has his strengths. This book really isn't it.

Speaking of making the most of what you have, Williamson found a really good balance of having Bruce and Damian do things both in and out of costume and neither came at the cost of the other. The scenes were nicely broken up but also fed well into each other.

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    it's more just that it feels over done.
    And lazy. If in doubt add kid has been DC's go-to for a while now and it's hard to name more than one or two who actually adds anything.

Zsasz of all people. yeesh.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Quote Originally Posted by exile001 View Post
    And lazy. If in doubt add kid has been DC's go-to for a while now and it's hard to name more than one or two who actually adds anything.

Zsasz of all people. yeesh.
    This reminds me of Gotham Academy or that Arkham Reformatory story in Urban Legends.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    They're already older, Bruce is depicted as an old man in his current ongoing.
    Which I don't care for at all. The Old man thing. I am enjoying Batman more or less, I hope the payoff is the family is back though.
    Pulls: Batman, Detective Comics, SiKtC, Catwoman, Nightwing, Titans, Godzilla, Wonder Woman, Batman & Robin, Brave and the Bold, No/One, Kill your Darlings, and Deviant.
    My runs: Batman #230-, and Detective #420-

Extraordinary Member

Batman and Robin 2024 Annual #1 Preview
    Writer: Joshua Williamson
    Artist: Howard Porter

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post

The art is not my cup of tea.

It's difficult to describe. Everything and everyone looks gooey...like they are made out of dough.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post

I like how Williamson acknowledges the Twins working with Dick and Babs over in Nightwing while also unsurprisingly make them fall back into a life of crime for the simplest reasons. Also now they're back to their revealing costumes .

It's true, Batman making jokes is unsettling...

Okay, now Damian should know what a road trip is unless he's just joking.