Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    But what's the point of Batman and Robin book, if the main book technically is also about Dynamic Duo, even though it's different Robin?
    I expect Tim to step back from that book.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    But what's the point of Batman and Robin book, if the main book technically is also about Dynamic Duo, even though it's different Robin?
    A Batman and Robin book isn't the same as a Batman book with Robin. One is a solo title [as I'm sure a majority of Batman fans want a solo batman] and the other is a duo.

It better this way, fans of both Robin have reading material. That's fair.

So glad this title is on the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Because Tim isn’t the co-lead of the main book, he’s basically in the “Alfred” role of being the most prominent supporting character. And really he’s just there so DC doesn’t have their bi Robin that they made a big deal of unceremoniously disappear like he would otherwise.
    Yeah, his solo's cancelled. He needs to stay in Batman unless they plan to relaunch Young Justice or something else with him in.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    That's a cool announcement, looking forward to reading it. But Damain's face looks more like Tim. Thankfully his costume is very different from Tim's, so we can know who it is.
    It's the hair. Damian usually has gelled up hair with a shaved back and sides, it's clearly longer here, more like Tim's.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Oh Poor Tim guess even being demoded to Robin wasn't enough. Now looking back at all the other issues trying to hype Tim up so awkward now
    batman and robin.jpg

that being said I really glad we getting a dynamic duo series as the main series writer always want to write solo batman and goes to great painful lengths to have it so despite double digits amount of sidekicks and support characters

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Zdarsky might keep using Tim.
    Do we even know if he is still writing Batman at that point?.

With Knight Terrors being from my understanding a Convergence style two month break of all books, it is quite possible that we see new a lot of new creative teams and books afterwards.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    Do we even know if he is still writing Batman at that point?.

With Knight Terrors being from my understanding a Convergence style two month break of all books, it is quite possible that we see new a lot of new creative teams and books afterwards.
    Well, we know that there's a Batman/Catwoman crossover coming soon written by Chip and Tini.

CBR's interview with Dawn of the DCU creators also seems to have him indicate he's sticking around:

Zdarsky: Yeah, I'm actually looking forward to that part a fair amount. When I started on Batman, the storyline that I had was just kind of go, go, go. There actually wasn't a proper break for figuring out where it ties into anything else. Now, with Dawn of DC, I feel okay. We can actually kind of reset a little bit on the same page, in terms of continuity, and more accurately reflect what's happening in the other titles, which is part of the fun, [that's] why I loved collecting comics when I was a kid.
    https://www.cbr.com/dawn-of-dc-creator-interview/

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Venomized-spider-man View Post
    Oh Poor Tim guess even being demoded to Robin wasn't enough. Now looking back at all the other issues trying to hype Tim up so awkward now
    batman and robin.jpg

that being said I really glad we getting a dynamic duo series as the main series writer always want to write solo batman and goes to great painful lengths to have it so despite double digits amount of sidekicks and support characters
    Remember when Black Adam and Naomi were put on the justice league before their movie, tv show and solo runs. It kinda like that a promo spot

Incredible Member

Really surprised to hear of a Batman & Robin ongoing. I really enjoyed Damian's Robin book and I still think it was a mistake to cancel it.
    Williamson did a pretty good job of writing Damian in his own book .
    I don't think that we need Batman in the book for it to be successful, but I know the nostalgia for it.
    Although the last Batman & Robin was with Dick & Damian , which I actually would prefer to see.
    Not hating on Bruce at all , he is Batman 🦇!!!

Between Tim's return to Robin bombing, and Gunn wanting to introduce Damian, this shouldn't be too surprising. Di Meo though. Pretty art, but storytelling wise i can never tell what the hell is suppose to be going on.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheKryptonMan View Post
    Really surprised to hear of a Batman & Robin ongoing. I really enjoyed Damian's Robin book and I still think it was a mistake to cancel it.
    Williamson did a pretty good job of writing Damian in his own book .
    I don't think that we need Batman in the book for it to be successful, but I know the nostalgia for it.
    Although the last Batman & Robin was with Dick & Damian , which I actually would prefer to see.
    Not hating on Bruce at all , he is Batman ��!!!
    The last Batman & Robin was Bruce & Damian.

I think DC want more sales than a Robin solo would bring.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    And really he’s just there so DC doesn’t have their bi Robin that they made a big deal of unceremoniously disappear like he would otherwise.
    Drake's solo series started 3 months after he started appearing in Batman. Why would them put him in Batman so he wouldn't "disappear otherwise" if they had plans for a solo series for him when he was put in the book?
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Details from a Tumblr user that attended the con

This series is going to be a pretty heavy one since it will dive into how they come together "without Alfred as the buffer as the mentor figure for them both."

Williamson spoke on this heavily as he was supposed to leave Batman and Robin, but he actually went to DC and said "I'm not done with Damian, there's still more story to tell. He's not going anywhere." But he also mentioned a key point for Damian's growth: "He was trained by Talia and of course by Bruce, but he was also trained by Alfred so you'll see how that shapes Damian interacting with Bruce going forward, especially as they grow as Father and Son."

They said this will tie into the next big series in the DCU which follows Damian having "nightmares and demons". That was all that was mentioned about that.

Additinally, Williamson adores Damian being a fan of manga. Since it's shown Damian has been reading a romance one, there's some hope for emotional connection with others not in a romantic way, but moreso in the ability to be vulnerable with people in a way he has only been able to read about. It's implied he could be reading this manga as a yearning for connection to others on a deeper level, especially as someone who grew up to ignore his emotions. So this will follow Damian as he tries to let himself be more connected to his loved ones the way Alfred was teaching him to

Very much Bruce growing out of strictness to be more soft with his sons as we've seen in the more recent comics.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    The last Batman & Robin was Bruce & Damian.

I think DC want more sales than a Robin solo would bring.
    It seems at least pretty unlikely that a Batman & Robin book is going to be cancelled because of poor sales.

And it might also something to do with the James Gun movie. I guess having a few Batman & Robin Trades ready once the movie drops wouldn't be a bad idea. Especially if they are more fun and action packed and more accessible for casuals than the previous run on this title.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Between Tim's return to Robin bombing, and Gunn wanting to introduce Damian, this shouldn't be too surprising. Di Meo though. Pretty art, but storytelling wise i can never tell what the hell is suppose to be going on.
    It probably didn't hurt, though it seems like Williamson mainly just wanted to keep writing Damian.
    Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post

This series is going to be a pretty heavy one since it will dive into how they come together "without Alfred as the buffer as the mentor figure for them both."

Williamson spoke on this heavily as he was supposed to leave Batman and Robin, but he actually went to DC and said "I'm not done with Damian, there's still more story to tell. He's not going anywhere." But he also mentioned a key point for Damian's growth: "He was trained by Talia and of course by Bruce, but he was also trained by Alfred so you'll see how that shapes Damian interacting with Bruce going forward, especially as they grow as Father and Son."

They said this will tie into the next big series in the DCU which follows Damian having "nightmares and demons". That was all that was mentioned about that.

Additinally, Williamson adores Damian being a fan of manga. Since it's shown Damian has been reading a romance one, there's some hope for emotional connection with others not in a romantic way, but moreso in the ability to be vulnerable with people in a way he has only been able to read about. It's implied he could be reading this manga as a yearning for connection to others on a deeper level, especially as someone who grew up to ignore his emotions. So this will follow Damian as he tries to let himself be more connected to his loved ones the way Alfred was teaching him to

Very much Bruce growing out of strictness to be more soft with his sons as we've seen in the more recent comics.
    I only now just realized that this will be Bruce and Damian without Alfred for the first time.

I'm glad to hear Bruce is trying to be less strict. Less glad that Williamson can't seem to write a comic without it needing to tie-in to some other major story.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post

Everything except it tying into another series sounds great. Jesus Christ I hate all the people whining about muh continuity because that only causes DC to make endless goddamn crossovers. But Damian opening up and Bruce trying to be more kind himself sounds like a solid premise.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/