Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Everything except it tying into another series sounds great. Jesus Christ I hate all the people whining about muh continuity because that only causes DC to make endless goddamn crossovers. But Damian opening up and Bruce trying to be more kind himself sounds like a solid premise.
    I think inter-connectivity is great but Williamson has often sabotaged himself with his books always feeling like they turn into setup or build up for an event story.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think inter-connectivity is great but Williamson has often sabotaged himself with his books always feeling like they turn into setup or build up for an event story.
    Funnily enough I like the way Williamson handled said interconnections over in Superman. The Superfamily are acknowledged and we see the new Steelworks Tower, but its not “tying in” to what PKJ is doing, just acknowledging that what he’s doing is canon.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

I think that not everyone is willing to forget his Infinite Frontier work just becauae Superman, so far, is good. And well, terror knights and "big series" connection doesn't sound good. It might be launched from an event only to build up to another event.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    I think that not everyone is willing to forget his Infinite Frontier work just becauae Superman, so far, is good. And well, terror knights and "big series" connection doesn't sound good. It might be launched from an event only to build up to another event.
    His Robin series also buys him goodwill. People generally enjoyed that and it rescued Damian from the character assassination that DC was doing to him as prep for 5G. Given that the moment Williamson stepped away, DC immediately went back to having Damian and Bruce fight (even if it was mind control), I think people are happy to have a creator who will likely be invested in keeping Damian as a hero instead of constantly having him straddle the line.

Agreed that his events suck, I’m not at all enthusiastic for Knightterrors, only allowance I’ll give is that he took it on because the other pitches were all more Multiverse stories - and Lord do we need to give that a rest for five years or more - and it’s only for two months. Not expecting it to be great but at least this series launches afterwards so it shouldn’t be impacted.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

My understanding is that Damian will play a role in terror knights and this series will be set up there. But who knows how important that set-up will be. For example, wouldn't be surprised if FCBD story and some terror mini will get collected in first Batman and Robin collection.

Ultimately I think Knighterrors is going to be a pretty harmless event.

I'll bite because Williamson's Robin series was good until Shadow Wars which was putrid. I'm content to let Zdarksy handle Tim on Batman and Williamson on this. Mostly glad they got Tim away from Fitzmartin right now.
    Pulls: Batman, Detective Comics, SiKtC, Catwoman, Nightwing, Titans, Godzilla, Wonder Woman, Batman & Robin, Brave and the Bold, No/One, Kill your Darlings, and Deviant.
    My runs: Batman #230-, and Detective #420-

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

I have faith considering the only L Josh W (for me. Y'all picky) has is Dark Crisis.
    "Cable was right!"

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Funnily enough I like the way Williamson handled said interconnections over in Superman. The Superfamily are acknowledged and we see the new Steelworks Tower, but its not “tying in” to what PKJ is doing, just acknowledging that what he’s doing is canon.
    Speaking of super family they said they want to elevate/feature/use super family similar to how DC has been using Batman family

I don't remember who said it or if it's the same Tumblr user recording it but it's from the superfam book panel speaker

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

I've enjoyed Williamson's work more than I haven't so he's good for me. Personally, I would have rather had this book only be about Damien and not Bruce and Damien...but it is what it is and Batman sells, so I am willing to give him more leniency. I will say that if he can bring the same energy he is bringing to Superman....I will at least be extremely pleased!

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    I've enjoyed Williamson's work more than I haven't so he's good for me. Personally, I would have rather had this book only be about Damien and not Bruce and Damien...but it is what it is and Batman sells, so I am willing to give him more leniency. I will say that if he can bring the same energy he is bringing to Superman....I will at least be extremely pleased!
    I feel starved for Batman and Robin together so this hits me in my sweet spot .

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

I think the funniest thing about the interconnectivity of Williamson's series is that his Deathstroke is what got the short-end of the stick there. The whole Deathstroke Inc's entire existence was to basically build up Slade having a private army to use during both Shadow War and Dark Crisis.

At least his Robin lasted a significant portion before and after Shadow War and his Batman was basically a filler run he wrote because of Tynion's sudden leaving of the book. But his Deathstroke really suffers from the fact its entire purpose is to build up to 2 separate events. Weirdly enough one arc ended teasing a story that takes after Dark Crisis with the Legion of Doom but with the book's cancellation after the Year One arc by a different writer its unknown if that will be continued.

In terms of some continuing threads, Flatline's definitely coming back. I think Respawn will also come back, he died suddenly in Shadow War but I think he was revealed to be alive at the end of Robin so that will prolly be followed.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I feel starved for Batman and Robin together so this hits me in my sweet spot .
    Yeah - honestly Bruce and Damian aren't the most interesting pair for me, but... If you have a Robin? You should have "Batman And Robin". It's key!

Williamson mentions that Bruce is going to send Damian back to school.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

If this is overly sentimental father/son stuff like Tomasi's run, then I'm not interested, despite the awesome art by this Di Meo. Morrison is so far the only Damian writer I much care for and part of me wishes Damian stayed dead as Morrison wished.

Williamson's Superman is the only title for now with my buy in, since I'm desperate for some good Superman comics.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”