Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post

Williamson mentions that Bruce is going to send Damian back to school.
    He's totally bringing Gotham Academy and Maps back!

Do you have the timestamp where he start talking about the book? They talk about about a lot of stuff and i'm just interested in the info about his new book.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I remember he mentioned, that he wanted to use her in his Robin run.

Mighty Member

And this will further make Tim's niche of having a civilian life be obselete........

Quote Originally Posted by NOCTPHOENIX View Post
    And this will further make Tim's niche of having a civilian life be obselete........
    Damian is going back to school, but that doesn't mean the civilian life is suddenly his niche.

I would like to see Colin again as well. It feels like they have completely forgotten about him, when he was Damian's first friend.

Quote Originally Posted by ayanestar View Post
    I would like to see Colin again as well. It feels like they have completely forgotten about him, when he was Damian's first friend.
    I feel like Williamson mentioned wanting to get to Colin during an interview of his Robin run, but I could be thinking of something else.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Do you have the timestamp where he start talking about the book? They talk about about a lot of stuff and i'm just interested in the info about his new book.
    I can’t remember when but it’s pretty far in. I can summarize what they said:
    -Williamson doesn’t want Bruce and Damian fighting, feels there’s been enough of that
    -There will be some conflict between the two because Alfred is gone. It’s not Bruce being mad at Damian or Damian having guilt, Alfred was the mediator who could get the two of them to cooperate when they had a difference of opinion. Now Alfred is gone so the two have to deal with any problems that come up by themselves
    -Part of why Bruce wants Damian to go to school is that Damian is very positive about his time in the Lazarus Tournament and the people he met there. Bruce wants him to go to school because he wants Damian to have peers and friends again, Damian initially doesn’t want to because he doesn’t see what the teachers at a normal school could possibly do for him. Bruce also reminds Damian that they need to keep up appearances of being “normal”
    -Back during the Robin run, Williamson asked if he could do a sequel/follow up after Dark Crisis. Ben Abernathy was open to the idea and it was decided that it would be a Batman & Robin title instead of just a Robin book because they want Damian back in Gotham
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

I can’t remember when but it’s pretty far in. I can summarize what they said:
    -Williamson doesn’t want Bruce and Damian fighting, feels there’s been enough of that
    -There will be some conflict between the two because Alfred is gone. It’s not Bruce being mad at Damian or Damian having guilt, Alfred was the mediator who could get the two of them to cooperate when they had a difference of opinion. Now Alfred is gone so the two have to deal with any problems that come up by themselves
    -Part of why Bruce wants Damian to go to school is that Damian is very positive about his time in the Lazarus Tournament and the people he met there. Bruce wants him to go to school because he wants Damian to have peers and friends again, Damian initially doesn’t want to because he doesn’t see what the teachers at a normal school could possibly do for him. Bruce also reminds Damian that they need to keep up appearances of being “normal”
    -Back during the Robin run, Williamson asked if he could do a sequel/follow up after Dark Crisis. Ben Abernathy was open to the idea and it was decided that it would be a Batman & Robin title instead of just a Robin book because they want Damian back in Gotham
    I wonder if he'll get a school love interest so we can get a love triangle brewing with Flatline?

Having a civilian life isn't a niche in the Bat family. Pretty much most of them have a civilian life.we've had titles that showed us characters like Duke, Dick, Jason, Damian in their civilian live's.

This isn't even the first time we've seen Damian attend school. This is the 3rd time.

SuperSons
    Gotham Academy
    Monkey Prince

I wonder if he'll get a school love interest so we can get a love triangle brewing with Flatline?
    Do we really need a love triangle? Much rather Williamson just develop his relationship with Nika.

Only possible competition to Flatline I could see is if they pair him with Maps again.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Hope they drop his relationship with Flatline, it's not a good romance.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Astralabius View Post
    Hope they drop his relationship with Flatline, it's not a good romance.
    .......I liked it.

.......I liked it.
    Me too. I find her likeable and enjoy the little we've seen thus far of the two interacting.

Astonishing Member

They apparently have plans for Flatline, considering that set-up with Ra's and her being part of that Dawn of DC art.
    But, to be honest, I don't know how exactly is Williamson going to continue develop their relationship, if Damian's status quo apparently will be focused on Gotham and his civilian life, school, etc. Not to mention the fact, this title isn't just about Damian, it's about Bruce as well.
    Last edited by Morgoth; 04-21-2023 at 04:07 AM.