Page 129 of 130 FirstFirst ... 2979119125126127128129130 LastLast
Results 1,921 to 1,935 of 1950

I hope that Marvel finally puts the post-Byrne stuff on digital with the new mini announcement, or reprint some of the TPBs.

Couldn't be happier than getting Brisson on this, honestly.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I'm cautiously interested and fully in. YES!!! to this having (some of) the OGs
    I'm not a fan of Brisson's NM at all but perhaps he might surprise me with his AF...the way Orlando's Scarlet Witch has me completely hooked line and sinker but I couldn't drop his Marauders fast enough.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    I think we will be Lucky of more than 1 original AF member will be part of this. Remember, Hellions only had 1 original Hellion on their cast, being Empath. Marauders did not even have one original member and dito with Fallen Angels. So perhaps we should not expect to much. Let's just hope the cast and creative team will be great.
    We are lucky indeed!
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Quote Originally Posted by Tugger View Post
    I wish Marvel would make more of the original 1983-1994 run available digitally beyond #29. I remember enjoying when Walter became Wanda and Madison Jefferies joined the team and would like to read those issues again.
    Walter became Wanda?
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    There are some things to consider, though, like following up on the last Alpha Flight book True North, since one of the stories there revealed Mac had some pretty disturbing ideas for how to "rehabilitate" Heather after what went down in the last ongoing Alpha Flight series by Greg Pak. Beyond that, with Mac, there was the J.A.N.U.S. organization he was revealed to have joined as a member of the leading council at the end of Frank Tieri's Ravencroft miniseries following Absolute Carnage, or --- to be more relevant to X-Men --- him being brought into Orchis by the late, unlamented Henry Peter Gyrich after the first Hellfire Gala, even if he did walk away after finding that Orchis under Gyrich was planning on staging a mass casualty incident in Australia, which would then be blamed on Krakoa to turn the world even more against mutants. If there is a new Alpha Flight book coming, I would hope those particular issues get addressed at some point down the line.
    Wasn’t the True North story done to explain why Mac and Heather were together again when they were in that X-men story with the Windigos

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dornwolf View Post
    Wasn’t the True North story done to explain why Mac and Heather were together again when they were in that X-men story with the Windigos
    Maybe, yeah. Amazing X-Men by Chris Yost, right?
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Fantastic Member

actually I seem to never see it talked about much but I preferred Alpha Flight v2. the one where the team was more mutants. especially with Krakoa it would be a perfect time for more of them.

you know Radius, Flex, Murmur and such?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Whim View Post
    actually I seem to never see it talked about much but I preferred Alpha Flight v2. the one where the team was more mutants. especially with Krakoa it would be a perfect time for more of them.

you know Radius, Flex, Murmur and such?
    They could certainly do an X-Flight book, having mutants like Northstar, Aurora, Wolverine, Puck 2, Madison Jeffries, Windshear, Diamond Lil, Radius, Flex, Murmur, Persuasion/Purple Girl, Pathway, Goblyn, Manikin, Stitch, Smart Alec, Flashback, etc. to choose from. (Plus any new ones they want to add. I'm sure there are more mutants than those in/from Canada!

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

I actually thought vol. 2 was pretty decent and I liked the new characters. I actually thought they were hinting that Flex and Radius were related to Wolverine in some way - kids maybe? That was so long ago I don't think it should be revealed as such today not with all the kids he has now.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    I actually thought vol. 2 was pretty decent and I liked the new characters. I actually thought they were hinting that Flex and Radius were related to Wolverine in some way - kids maybe? That was so long ago I don't think it should be revealed as such today not with all the kids he has now.
    I think they were intended to be Unus the Untouchable's kids? But then, so was Carmella Unuscione, so if so, he got busy (and has a strong X-gene!)...

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    I think they were intended to be Unus the Untouchable's kids? But then, so was Carmella Unuscione, so if so, he got busy (and has a strong X-gene!)...
    No, Radius and Flex had the same mother but different fathers. It was heavily implied that Unus was Radius/Jared's father and Logan was Flex/Adrian's, but it was never followed up on.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Maybe, yeah. Amazing X-Men by Chris Yost, right?
    I thought it was wolverine and the cement but that’s because he’s in everything

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I tried AF vol.2 briefly but...absolutely hated it. And I will fully admit: My Byrne bias aside, I thought volume one even at its most ridiculous (in the later issues) was more compelling and engaging story/character-wise.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I tried AF vol.2 briefly but...absolutely hated it. And I will fully admit: My Byrne bias aside, I thought volume one even at its most ridiculous (in the later issues) was more compelling and engaging story/character-wise.
    It was definitely different. I grew to like the characters though. It was implied Ghost Girl had some sort of origin to someone Diamond Lil knew but that was dropped because the series ended. It’s unknown if Ghost Girl is a mutant or not.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume