Page 128 of 130 FirstFirst ... 2878118124125126127128129130 LastLast
Results 1,906 to 1,920 of 1950
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

There are some things to consider, though, like following up on the last Alpha Flight book True North, since one of the stories there revealed Mac had some pretty disturbing ideas for how to "rehabilitate" Heather after what went down in the last ongoing Alpha Flight series by Greg Pak. Beyond that, with Mac, there was the J.A.N.U.S. organization he was revealed to have joined as a member of the leading council at the end of Frank Tieri's Ravencroft miniseries following Absolute Carnage, or --- to be more relevant to X-Men --- him being brought into Orchis by the late, unlamented Henry Peter Gyrich after the first Hellfire Gala, even if he did walk away after finding that Orchis under Gyrich was planning on staging a mass casualty incident in Australia, which would then be blamed on Krakoa to turn the world even more against mutants. If there is a new Alpha Flight book coming, I would hope those particular issues get addressed at some point down the line.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Stitch, Feedback, Persuasion, and Radius have all been seen lately. It would be interesting if AF developed as a secondary team secretly based in Krakoa.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

I think we will be Lucky of more than 1 original AF member will be part of this. Remember, Hellions only had 1 original Hellion on their cast, being Empath. Marauders did not even have one original member and dito with Fallen Angels. So perhaps we should not expect to much. Let's just hope the cast and creative team will be great.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

I would be happy with just Northstar and Aurora representing the original Alpha. I also have a lot of love for Heather and Shaman but I understand they would be more tricky to add to the cast, whereas it would be easier for the twins to just set up a new rescue team from Krakoa and take it from there.

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    I think we will be Lucky of more than 1 original AF member will be part of this. Remember, Hellions only had 1 original Hellion on their cast, being Empath. Marauders did not even have one original member and dito with Fallen Angels. So perhaps we should not expect to much. Let's just hope the cast and creative team will be great.
    I have a bad feeling it will be Alpha Flight in name only and it won't have any original AF members on it. I'll skip it if that's what it is. It's already looking like I'll be dropping most X titles after Fall of X anyway.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by M@Bowers2014 View Post
    I have a bad feeling it will be Alpha Flight in name only and it won't have any original AF members on it. I'll skip it if that's what it is. It's already looking like I'll be dropping most X titles after Fall of X anyway.
    Hate to be Captain Nostalgia but I feel the same way, if they don't find a way to bring back Langowski Sasquatch, Guardian, Vindicator and Aurora then I really don't see me being to invested in the title.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Eyes, fingers and toes crossed...I'm hoping (beyond hope and wishful thinking) for Narya, Talisman, Marina and Shaman.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

I read the original series, the byrne issues. I enjoyed it and liked the characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Eyes, fingers and toes crossed...I'm hoping (beyond hope and wishful thinking) for Narya, Talisman, Marina and Shaman.
    Omg you just mentioned all my favorite alphans in a single sentence….I’m crossing my fingers too
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Marrina should be classified as a Mutant. A Plodex mutant, just as Ultra Girl is a Kree Mutant.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

I wish Marvel would make more of the original 1983-1994 run available digitally beyond #29. I remember enjoying when Walter became Wanda and Madison Jefferies joined the team and would like to read those issues again.

I found a website that has it and just read issues 87-90 featuring Wolverine and some of the X-men. Logan shows up to help bring in Wild Child who's going feral. Pretty good stuff. The covers are early work by Jim Lee too! There was also a follow up to that story I believe in Marvel Comics Presents too.

Here's a link: https://readcomiconline.li/Comic/Alp...-87?id=34193#1

I just Googled "read Alpha Flight online" and this was the first site that popped up.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    Marrina should be classified as a Mutant. A Plodex mutant, just as Ultra Girl is a Kree Mutant.
    On the one hand, yes! It would certainly give her some more options for appearing, and the X-franchise could use some cool aquatic focus (aquatic mutants like Shark Girl, Namorita, Crosta, Undertow, etc. don't get nearly enough focus, IMO).

On the other hand, I like the idea that the Celestials haven't tinkered with *everyone,* and that some races, like the Kree (originally, anyway), lack the capacity for mutation, and have to find various other workarounds like mysticism or cybernetics or, in the Plodex case, organic technology, to have 'super' beings.

I’m really hoping we get a proper Alpha Flight book again. I don’t mind them adding others like Fang to make the book more marketable, but I want to see the classics like Sasquatch, Snowbird and Shaman too.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    I’m really hoping we get a proper Alpha Flight book again. I don’t mind them adding others like Fang to make the book more marketable, but I want to see the classics like Sasquatch, Snowbird and Shaman too.
    I wouldn't hate an Alpha Flight ongoing with most of the classic team and Fang. I mean I'd rather have Wolverine since I feel it should have already been done.