Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Guardian (Mac), Sasquatch, Puck, Shaman, Talisman, Aurora, Marrina, Box (old school armor).

AF's usual members have been scattered far and wide over the last few years. It would take a FIRST ISSUE level "bad guy appears, random good guys arise to oppose him, win at the end and decide to form a team" series of contrived coincidences to get a new iteration of Canada's premiere superteam started up.

GUARDIAN AND VINDICATOR (Captain Britain and Meggan)
    Mac Hudson is the patriotically clad powerhouse and Heather is his better half. Heather dresses in green, like Meggan in the old days. Semi retired, the couple still entertains thoughts of restarting AF. When a readymade team falls in their laps, they suggest just that to the young heroes.

MS. MARVEL (Shadowcat)
    Like Kitty Pryde Kamala is my young, smart, optimistic, soon becomes the heart of the team character. Storywise her family's relocated to Canada after her dad gets a huge job offer from a bank there, leaving Kamala unsure how this will work for her hero wise. A team seems a great idea though, and she's totally on board.

BLINDSPOT (Nightcrawler)
    The acrobatic, stealthy, teleporting Nightcrawler was born in Germany, relocated to the U.S. to join the X-Men then to England to join Exclalibur. The acrobatic, stealthy, able to turn invisible Blindspot was born in China, relocated to the U.S. and became Daredevil's sidekick, now to Canada to go solo, as DD didnt turn out to be much of a mentor. He hadnt thought of joining a team but, its an idea that grows on him once Kamala Khan starts talking him into it.

STARBRAND (Phoenix)
    Having miraculously survived the end of Aaron's Avengers run, Brandy Selby wanted to put some distance between herself and that team. She's settling in really well in Canada. Joining another team wasnt really on her agenda but, Kamala Khan's infectious positivity convinces her.

A new Gamma Flight

Last two members

Just a lineup I’d like to see.

SHAMAN
    Stepping up as team leader:
    TALISMAN
    Whatever her dad can't handle magically, she sure can.
    MAJOR MAPLELEAF
    A real life Dudley Do-Right.
    PUCK II
    Major Mapleleaf's better half, proving opposites attract.
    PUCK
    On the team at the request of his old pal, Shaman.
    MARRINA
    Back on land and out of retirement.
    BOX II
    The son of the original Box. He has a lot to prove.
    Last edited by Riv86672; 04-01-2024 at 07:46 AM.

The original Alpha Flight was a cutthroat Invaders type team put together during WWII by Major Mapleleaf made up of himself, Dynamic Man, and Citizen V.

Their actions against the enemy were so brutal they aren’t even talked about when discussing forties Marvel characters and teams.

I read recently just how vicious Canada was in WWII (using poison gas, executing prisoners, engaging in Inglorious Basterd type Guerilla warfare), which gave me the idea for this build.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    The original Alpha Flight was a cutthroat Invaders type team put together during WWII by Major Mapleleaf made up of himself, Dynamic Man, and Citizen V.

Their actions against the enemy were so brutal they aren’t even talked about when discussing forties Marvel characters and teams.

I read recently just how vicious Canada was in WWII (using poison gas, executing prisoners, engaging in Inglorious Basterd type Guerilla warfare), which gave me the idea for this build.
    What happened to those stereotypically nice Canadians, eh?

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    What happened to those stereotypically nice Canadians, eh?

Guardian
    Nemesis (Heather)
    Northstar
    Aurora
    Sasquatch
    Snowbird
    Puck
    Shaman
    Box II (Roger’s son is my number one choice)
    Snowguard (someone new)

The short lived hard to find Canadian Super Friends Cartoon from the eighties…:

(Ted Knight narration)
    Gathered together from the cosmic reaches of the Great White North, here at Dept. H Headquarters, are the most powerful forces of good ever assembled:
    GUARDIAN!
    SNOWBIRD!
    SASQUATCH AND PUCK!
    SHAMAN!
    And The Wonder Twins, NORTHSTAR AND AURORA!

I mean... the Wonder Twins comparison is pretty apt yeah...

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    I mean... the Wonder Twins comparison is pretty apt yeah...
    ^^^Hey, they only have so much to work w. up there!

The Pine Barrens NJ in Summer & Winter & Salem Mass. in Spring & Autumn

Vindicator
    Warpath(X-men don’t use him)
    Aurora
    Sasquatch
    Snowbird
    Shaman
    Puck
    Beware of spies traveling through your multiverse especially if they wear a 4

Warpath? I like that!

So in the darkest of times Alpha flight is presumed dead, and Weapon-Plus reveals they've made a replacement.... but while better on paper... it's really not the same.... 'cause they're mixed with Winter Guardsmen.

Guardian + Guardian: Yeah... really both Alpha flight and Winter Guard have a guy who uses the name Guardian. And both use super-suits/cybernetics to fight. Now we get to have a shield with a maple leaf!
    Nemesis + Vanguard: Nemesis needed a suit or weapons for powers, but while Vanguard's suit enhances his powers, he's quite capable of defending himself and others even with no suit
    Aurora + Sibercat: Aurora had a variety of useful powers, but not physical combat related, Sibercat excels at direct physical combat, the combination has reflexes so fast motions look like flashes of light.
    Puck II + Powersurge: with a less bulky containment suit this combination makes an effective fighter
    Talisman + Fantasia: Talisman needs another source of magic to function, well, making a hybrid of Talisman and Fantasia allows the powers of Fantasia to be used as that power source.
    Snowbird + Darkstar: 'cause demi-gods aren't scary enough, add Darkforce magics

Um yeah... #1 downside... they don't really know how to use their powers right since they're all implanted memories, and mixed memories from two people.