Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default What would you like to see in an Alpha Flight movie?

If they added Alpha Flight to the Marvel Cinematic universe, what would you like to see? Actors, characters, villains, whatever.

I'd prefer to stick with the classic-line up myself.

Sasquatch
    Puck
    Northstar
    Aurora
    Guardian
    Vindicator
    Shaman

It would also be a good place to tease Wolverine's appearance in a credit sequence.

Extraordinary Member

Would be great to see Guillermo Del Toro direct something like this. Marina and Sasquatch would probably end up looking awesome. The action would def be on point. But yeah classic line up. Maybe an appearance from Namor. Also a departure from the darkness of the original series.

The LOTR cast would make a good Alpha Flight.

Viggo Mortensen-James Hudson
    Karl Urban-Sasquatch
    Liv Tyler-Aurora
    Orlando bloom-North Star
    John Rhys Davies-Puck
    Miranda Otto-Heather Hudson
    Outside of LOTR
    Adam Beach-Shaman
    Selma Blair-Marrina

I guess you could go younger but those are my picks.
    Last edited by CliffHanger2; 04-01-2023 at 02:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    If they added Alpha Flight to the Marvel Cinematic universe, what would you like to see? Actors, characters, villains, whatever.

I'd prefer to stick with the classic-line up myself.

Sasquatch
    Puck
    Northstar
    Aurora
    Guardian
    Vindicator
    Shaman

It would also be a good place to tease Wolverine's appearance in a credit sequence.
    ^^^As close to the classic line up as possible, yes!

I’ve no real strong feelings on casting, though I can see Zahn McClarnon as Shaman, and it’d be funny to see Derek and Julianne Hough as Northstar and Aurora.

Classic lineup. The team is brought together to deal with the threat of the Master (of the World) who is using Plodex DNA take over the oceans, then (duh) the world. Master escapes, big monster fight (Tundra, intended to help Master take over the land), Guardian sacrifices himself/dies, Snowbird is forced to assume the form of Tanaraq as a hail mary for the win (causing a strange moment between her and Sasquatch). The team liberates the Plodex source (Marrina) and brings her into the Department H fold (hut not straight into Alpha Flight). Drop hints (throughout and/or after main film is done) about Aurora's split personality issues, Walter's losing control over his Sasquatch form (Tanaraq), Michael trying to reach his estranged daughter (Talisman), Marrina joining Gamma or Beta Flight, Jean-Paul's checkered past with the FLQ, Snowbird's mystical origins, Department H's involvement with Weapon X, Heather contemplating assuming the role of Guardian. End with global celebrations for the team's success, Canadian pride, mourning the loss of Guardian. Post credits: Snowbird receives a strained/cryptic message from the banished Northern gods, warning her not to risk assuming the form of Tanaraq again, she was conceived to battle the Great Beasts, not become one. The Master thinking he got away, but is then apprehended by something powerful offscreen, hint at punishment over his failure (not exactly a "Master" after all).

AF2: Now that Canada's premiere superhero team has achieved success things are slowly starting to unravel, Jean-Paul's past comes back to haunt him; now that he's part a Canadian supergroup what remains of the FLQ starts turning the screws on him, threatening to tarnish his newfound popularity and success. The Jeanne-Marie/Aurora drama comes to a head. Walter struggles to maintain control of his Sasquatch persona (Bruce Banner/Smart Hulk cameo), Michael is distracted by his inability to reach his daughter, Snowbird is haunted by prophetic visions of the Great Beasts rising to power and her own death. The team is falling apart, putting Heather under pressure as the new Guardian to keep Alpha Flight together. Department H hastily promotes Gamma & Beta Flight members to fill the void (including Marrina, Puck, Box, Wild Child, Diamond Lil, Madison Jeffries, Flashback, Smart Alec). The new team is put to the test when the discovery of an artifact poses a great danger (Elizabeth, Michael's daughter, is part of the archaeological team that discovered it), leading to another confrontation with a Great Beast; Ranaq the Devourer. The new team is nearly decimated, forcing the original to deal with or put aside their problems to battle the threat. Snowbird is once again forced to assume the form of Tanaraq, but this time it goes horribly wrong for both her and Walter. During the battle Elizabeth takes her downed father's medicine pouch in moment of desperation and pulls out a coronet. Michael urges her to put it on and she finds herself capable of joining the fight (but inevitably fails due to her inexperience). When all is nearly lost and Ranaq seems about to finish them off, Aurora turns the tide by unifying her personalities and achieving her full potential. End with bittersweet victory, Snowbird and Walter are both hospitalized, seemingly comatose, Northstar gets ahead of the FLQ threats by revealing all and preparing to deal with the consequences, Aurora living the good life, just when they were on the cusp of reconciliation Elizabeth's anger toward her father is renewed once she discovers she can't take the coronet off, Heather lost her suit in the fight but discovers Bochs and Jeffries worked with James to create the original Guardian uniform and can make her another, some disgruntled Beta & Gamma flight members (that survived) resent being demoted back to their old teams. Post credits: Snowbird and Walter both creepily sit up with glowing eyes, rise from their beds and start toward each other from different areas of the hospital. People that attempt to stop them are cast aside, the closer they get to each other the more they begin to transform into their Sasquatch forms. Once together they creepily embrace, hints that things are about to get naughty. A mystical sphere grows outward from the pair, overtaking anything in its path consuming the hospital and more as thunder and lightning gathers. The sphere then disappears with horrifying BOOM, anything that was within it is gone, only scattered bones of the people caught in the sphere remain. A dark rift opens at the center, and Somon the Great Artificer steps through. He surveys the area and sees the Sasquatches. He gives a wickedly evil and satisfied nod to the pair, then turns slightly toward the rift and says "Come" (the voice is distinct enough to recognize as the offscreen entity that confronted the Master in the post credits of the first film). The other Great Beasts start to come through the rift.

AF3: The Great Beasts have entered our world with intent to conquer it. They plan to afflict everyone with the Wendigo curse and let it spread across the globe until there is no one left to oppose them. Michael desperately manages to communicate with the Northern gods, who inform him the key to defeating the Great Beasts may reside in the dimension they left behind. They open the rift and enter only to find out they were deceived, now trapped in the same place the Northern gods were banished to when they last fought the Great Beasts. They learn the history of that battle among other things, including the origins of the artifact discovered that resulted in Ranaq's escape (AF2). When learning of Elizabeth's coronet, the Northern gods determine they may be able to similarly use that connection to the world to escape their dimensional prison. But without knowing Elizabeth or her magical potential, the attempt may kill her. Alpha Flight, knowing there's a potentially fatal outcome, believes the risk needs to be taken. Michael, guilty over his strained relationship with his daughter, does not. After some soul searching, Michael is eventually convinced it must be done. Back on Earth, Beta & Gamma Flight are doing what they can but it's a losing battle. Michael reaches his daughter through strained magical means, informing her of the situation, explaining that she needs to preform a summoning ritual to bring them back to Earth to fight the Great Beasts. She reluctantly agrees, knowing it may kill her. It very nearly does, but Alpha Flight is back! Not only that, but Elizabeth was powerful enough to also bring the Northern Gods back with them. It's a hard fought battle but together they manage to turn the tide, driving the Great Beasts back to through the rift. During the battle Snowbird's mother, Nelvanna, manages to free both her daughter and Walter from Tanaraq's control. Elizabeth nearly dies, but Michael had arranged with the Northern gods to suffer whatever fate befell his daughter as a result of the summoning. Michael dies, passing on his medicine pouch to his daughter. Yet another bittersweet victory, but a hopeful future as Canada and the world are once again saved. End with Walter and Snowbird both stepping down, their ordeals leaving them drained (Walter strikes up a potential romance with Jeanne-Marie, Snowbird becomes Anne McKenzie and joins the RCMP). Jeanne-Marie and Jean-Paul get closer; he confirms he's gay and introduces her to Kyle. Heather is personally overseeing Beta and Gamma Flight, not wanting Canada to be caught off-guard again if Alpha ever fails (Wolverine cameo). Elizabeth mourns the loss of her father, but vows to find a place on the team as Talisman. Post credits: Those Who Sit Above In Shadow hear a proposal about peace on Earth from a figure with a familiar voice...Loki!
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 04-01-2023 at 10:41 PM.
    Conn Seanery
    CBR Forums Administrator ~ Ron Swansonite ~ Brock Samson will show us the way
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

"Hnh. Could Bowie have been a mutant?" ~Dr. Doom (Hellfire Gala 2022)

heh heh, Kellan Lutz as Walter Langkowski…:

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post

Ooohh... he really does look the part.

Quote Originally Posted by Conn Seanery View Post
    (BIG LONG POST HERE)
    I love it. You put a lot of thought into that summary.

I'll hate to see this post disappear when the Alpha Flight section fades away again.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Well, you know, I can't think of anything better than what is posted above! That would make for an amazing set of movies and the cast is perfect. Who would play whom...I have no idea, I do like the idea of Kellan Lutz as Walter though and the Derek and Julianne casting would be perfect lol.

Great Job guys!

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    I have no idea, I do like the idea of Kellan Lutz as Walter though and the Derek and Julianne casting would be perfect lol.
    ^^^I scored! Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Ooohh... he really does look the part.
    That's funny to me since if you showed me that drawing, there's no way I'd guess that was Walter Langkowski. But Lutz looks like he'd be fine to play the part - it's not like he has such a distinct look in human form.

In terms of casting, the only two that occur to me right now is grabbing "The Americans" actors (and married couple) Keri Russell and Matthew Rhys as Mac and Heather.
    I'll finish my list next year when the stars realign and this forum once again appears on this plane of existence.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post

In terms of casting, the only two that occur to me right now is grabbing "The Americans" actors (and married couple) Keri Russell and Matthew Rhys as Mac and Heather.
    ^^^Thats great casting, I’d never have thought of them. Upvote!!!

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I'll finish my list next year when the stars realign and this forum once again appears on this plane of existence.
    Oh, and Hunter Schafer as Snowbird
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 04-01-2024 at 07:53 PM.

^^^^AAAAAAAAAHHHHH!
    What in the bloody Hell is that?!?!?

^^^^AAAAAAAAAHHHHH!
    What in the bloody Hell is that?!?!?
    yeah... that spider looks glued to her face, and she is definitely wearing contacts.

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    yeah... that spider looks glued to her face, and she is definitely wearing contacts.
    ^^^That is so wrong on so many levels!