Default Any Resources for Digging into the Last Few Years of X-Men Comics?

So, it appears as though, as best I can tell, the most recent X-Men comic I read was X-Men Volume 3 by Jonathan Hickman, which was collected in (I think} 2020.

One of the blessings and the curses of X-Men comics is that they tend to put out a ton of different comics under a ton of different names with a ton of different variations on who the team members/characters are in each ongoing series, and then shuffle the names and the players, creating some entirely new comic names and players in the process, and some existing book names that don't mean the same thing with different characters in totally different contexts, and start again.

The cool part of that is- hey, you've got choices. If you have money or use a library that stocks the right stuff, you might even have a lot of stuff to read if you want it.

The downside is that I have no freaking clue what the next 3-4 years of titles are (Literally, I don't know the names of the various books) or which characters were/are in them.

Is there a resource that just does something like lists the titles and issue numbers by year and then has a notation for which X-Men team members were featured in each book next to them?

If not, anyone want to offer a suggestion as to what I might like?

My tastes lean towards Original 5 plus Wolverine. If you boiled things down to their most basic level, those six people are the X-Men to me. I'd settle for just Cyclops, Wolverine, Jean Grey with basically any two or three random people to fill out the team if that's what's on offer and the entire original five (Which would include Iceman, Angel, and Beast instead of the randos ) plus Wolverine aren't a thing, though. Short of that, I guess Cyclops is my favorite.

I lean towards alternate universe and time travel stories, but I like all sorts of stuff. I wasn't really that into Krakoa, but I could (and can) deal with it. If that's where the important events are happening, I might want to read those books anyhow.

I'm told Beast has gone down an even darker road and is or was starting to resemble his infamous evil alternate universe counterpart. Those stories might interest me.

I like the X-Men as the world's most unique minority group and exploring the complex relationship that gives them with the non-humans when it's done well and in a non-boring fashion. ,

What's out there from the last three years or more?

I'm self-limited to digital titles, either from the library or purchased through Comixology (I guess Amazon now), but I don't think that's an issue with any recent X-Men titles. It's the older books and the lesser known heroes that sometimes don't get digitalized.
    Last edited by SuperCrab; 04-01-2023 at 11:30 PM.

I would say your best bet would be to explore what each era consists of. They were titled Dawn of X, Reign of X, and Destiny of X which is about to end. Fall of X starts in late July/August. This is the link for Reign and you'll find the links to the other eras there. Wiki lists the titles and creators of the era so you'll have an idea how and what to pursue:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reign_of_X

Since the Beast story sounds interesting to you then you can pick up Benjamin Percy's X-Force which has kept the same writer since the beginning of the Krakoa era. Logan is a major character in the series as well.

Regarding Cyclops and Jean, you can pick up Gerry Duggan's X-Men year 1 and year 2. They are co-leaders of the team. Iceman was in Marauders volume 1 and now he's on the X-Men with Scott and Jean. Angel unfortunately hasn't been featured much and I personally wouldn't recommend the books he's appeared it. There's a lot of other great titles (X-Men Red is outstanding, Hellions was a surprise hit) so just explore the link and see what calls to you.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by SuperCrab View Post
    I'm self-limited to digital titles, either from the library or purchased through Comixology (I guess Amazon now), but I don't think that's an issue with any recent X-Men titles. It's the older books and the lesser known heroes that sometimes don't get digitalized.
    I'd consider a subscription to Marvel Unlimited. All the newer books are on there, with a 3 month delay from original sale.

Yeah what H-E-D said, and you could probably catch up using the MU free trial.

Hi there! Welcome back into the X-fold

To my knowledge, Comic Book Herald is the place to go for reading orders. Hickman's X-Men are right at the start of Reign of X (don't worry about it), and here's the reading order for that.

https://www.comicbookherald.com/the-...er/reign-of-x/

As for your preferred characters:

Cyclops: mainstay on Hickman's X-Men, then central to Gerry Duggan's X-Men (the latter is up to vol ~5)
    Jean: same as Scott, plus a Giant-Sized one shot and a central-ish role in 2022's Judgement Day crossover
    Bobby: Duggan's Marauders, a digital only 4-issue series on Marvel Unlimited, then Duggan's X-Men
    Angel: X-Corp. That's about it!
    Beast: Continues to play co-protagonist for X-Force (now up to ~40 issues)
    Logan: Co-Lead on X-Force with Beast, plus his own series.

Oh, and Logan had his own seasonal crossover, X Lives\X Deaths of Wolverine!