Mighty Member

Default Ever accidently make a "non PC" screw-up?

Found a book about 70's fashions I was showing to a workmate at my high school library. The Book mentioned a 1970's self-defense book featuring an Aussie Karate master and Stevie nicks from Fleetwood Mac (!).
    My workmate works with F.M cover band and I told her there was a 1993 comedy skit about the above book and that I'd email her a youtube link to it.

A week later I was summoned to the principal's office like a naughty school boy. turns out, the email had gone NOT to my workmate Nadine but NADIA the head of our "PC" dept. (lgbt+, Australian aboriginal pride etc)
    oops! my finger slipped when emailing and they thought I was maybe stalking her or making jokes about violence against women!

what was YOUR screw up?

three-time juror The Gold Stream's Avatar

none yet thankfully

Mighty Member

Thanks. that was my first incident in the 18 years I've worked at the school . I'll definitely be more careful emailing in the future...

Spectacular Member

I grew up in Florida in the 70's so I had NO IDEA what I was learning to use as slang meant anything bad. However I learned fast that most people will let you know that version of a bad word is still a bad word and not to say it twice. it's too bad. I used to like a lot of the music I grew up with I can't listen to anymore without cringing.

Extraordinary Member

I've had a few issues with Macs to be sure, but they're much better overall than Windows machines...