Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I'm definitely interested in the new Miracleman stories. I already have the original series, and while I'm glad that they're finally available digitally, I'm really just waiting for them to catch up to the end and let Gaiman finish his stories. This annual, especially with Morrison writing a story, should hold me over for awhile. Just as long as Marvel never, and I mean NEVER tries to integrate Miracleman into the mainstream Marvel Universe. Leave him in his separate continuity please.

BANNED

Yeah, Im not seeing any Nova force at play in those pics.

Quote Originally Posted by drwho View Post
    I kind of dont understand the issue here. If disney owns marvel then why was there a fight about it in the first place?
    I think the fight was simnly hype Disbey says do it and the folks running Marvel either do it or seek new employment. Fighting with your BOSS is a great way to find a new career.

Great article. Love that little anecdote about reading an issue of Superman/Wonder Woman. I think I know exactly the scene he's talking about. In that sense, I don't blame him for going after Charles Soule exclusively. The man has developed a strong reputation at DC. Reading his Superman/Wonder Woman kind of makes me wish he would write a series like that for Marvel. Maybe Winter Soldier/Black Widow, Wolverine/Storm, or even Spider-Man/Mary Jane if ever they got back together. That might be wishful thinking on my part, but he's got the pedigree and Superman/Wonder Woman has shown that there's a market for books like that. Maybe Soule can be the one to set the trend.

Still not convinced that Death of Wolverine will last beyond Wolverine's upcoming movie in 2017. But I don't think it's one of those deaths that they'll end too quickly. It should at least last longer than Johnny Storm's death.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Fantastic Member 50yearoldNovafan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Acro View Post
    He's wearing the same costume he had in Infinity, and he's had energy powers before. I'm not seeing anything inherently Nova here, but maybe it'll turn out that way.
    A number of us noticed the suit during Infinity, which came out after Thanos had been stuck in the Cancerverse. First off, portions of his suit are glowing, such as his shoulder pads, portions of his boot, and sometimes strips on his belt. In one rendition of this new armor, Thanos had glowing spheres above his chest. This all appeared to be inspired by Nova's glowing starbursts. And yes, Thanos has always had energy projection powers. But in the pic you are referring to, he is blasting away at a dead planet and then looks very happy with the results. It appeared to me he was testing out his new power. Also, when you look at the previous pics, Quill looks remorseful, then they flash back to the scenes from the new Guardians of the Galaxy issues, which deal with the question of Richard Rider. Top that with initially Thanos was wearing a suit without all the glowing portions in the beginning of Guardians #18, and at the end of the issue, his suit was blown off, and Thanos was near-naked. And now he has a newly redesigned suit with all the glowing portions.

Marvel has been giving these clues since Infinity. There is no coincidence.

Fantastic Member 50yearoldNovafan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by aquitaine View Post
    Yeah, Im not seeing any Nova force at play in those pics.
    See what I posted just above this. And don't just look at the picture. Look at Thano's reaction after he used the force. Look at the suit, which he was not wearing earlier in #18. Don't see what you see, look at the subtlety. Marvel has been foreshadowing this for a while, now.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mikekerr3 View Post
    I think the fight was simnly hype Disbey says do it and the folks running Marvel either do it or seek new employment. Fighting with your BOSS is a great way to find a new career.
    But Marvel wasn't fighting with its BOSS. As I understand it, The Walt Disney Company is the BOSS. Under the Walt Disney Company is the Walt Disney Studios division, which is responsible for all the movies, soundtracks, theatrical productions, etc. And then under the Walt Disney Studios division are all the sub-studios: Marvel, Pixar, Disney Animation, Lucasfilm, Touchstone, etc.

So the fight over Big Hero 6 seemed to be between Marvel and Disney Animation, two equal sub-studios under the Walt Disney Studios umbrella.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mahes View Post
    Yep, all about "corporate synergy".
    Yep, at least she's getting used though.

Michael Heide

Quote Originally Posted by Axel Alonso
    That said… this is comics and Jason has left Nick Fury in a fascinating role for the future. Somewhere down the road, a writer at one of our retreats is going to say, "I've got a great idea for Unseen Fury!"
    It was never Fury who did these things, it was the space parasite Maanonwol in a cloned body with gray temples. The real Nick Fury has been in a cocoon on the bottom of the ocean all this time. Maanonwol has manipulated everyone to gain the power of the Unseen, and once the real Nick returns (sans gray temples), he will defeat Maanonwol and take back his place as the Director of SHIELD. Coulson, Maria Hill and all other SHIELD agents will get thrown under the bus, but might return in spinoff books that will only be kept alive by massive crossovers with Fury's ongoing series.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    Great article. Love that little anecdote about reading an issue of Superman/Wonder Woman. I think I know exactly the scene he's talking about. In that sense, I don't blame him for going after Charles Soule exclusively. The man has developed a strong reputation at DC. Reading his Superman/Wonder Woman kind of makes me wish he would write a series like that for Marvel. Maybe Winter Soldier/Black Widow, Wolverine/Storm.
    Premise: Storm digs up James Howlett's body and marries it. Think Weekend at Bernie's but with more romance.

Quote Originally Posted by Dog View Post
    Bleeding Cool is tabloid journalism, at best.
    Tabloids are more reliable than journalist that act as company press agents, not that that is saying much

Are there any sites that offer straight Journalism about comics?

BANNED

I'm wondering if this is even a fight. Different departments got into it over a property. Bound to happen.

Is it really something we need an Ace reporter to get to the bottom of?

Mighty Member

Tabloids are more reliable than journalist that act as company press agents, not that that is saying much
    Has CBR ever claimed to be a "journalistic" source?

Quote Originally Posted by Dog View Post
    Has CBR ever claimed to be a "journalistic" source?
    the things they do outside the forum are what is normally considered journalism.

Mighty Member

the things they do outside the forum are what is normally considered journalism.
    Like what? By whom?