Page 49 of 110 FirstFirst ... 394546474849505152535999 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MaydayStan View Post
    Anyone saying they've lost faith in Peter & Mary Jane ever getting back together has played right into Wells' and Lowe's hands. Congratulations.

It will be a cold day in hell before I let some badly written trash like this spoil my favorite ship. The next writer will fix this.
    Absolutely agree. No writer can just undo years of her being The Actual Best.

Incredible Member

Anyone saying they've lost faith in Peter & Mary Jane ever getting back together has played right into Wells' and Lowe's hands. Congratulations.

It will be a cold day in hell before I let some badly written trash like this spoil my favorite ship. The next writer will fix this.
    Not really considering I also stopped buying the main Spider-Man book halfway through the run. I’ll only buy elseworlds Spider-Man.

I don’t think anyone is “playing into” anything. If this was Lowes plan he succeeded. But I’m not making a choice. I feel literal contempt for current Pete and MJ. As another poster said, 616 Peter was over at OMD. If they didn’t want them together they should have just broken them up like a regular couple. Make it about their relationship. Something more real or relatable than a deal with the devil. Or better yet don’t do it all.

Either way, even if the next writer fixes it, the editorial will break them again. ASM needs new editorial before I’ll ever trust the book again.

All-New Member

I never post here (At least not in years), so I won't bore anyone with my personal thoughts on 25, Wells, editorial, Paul, etc (Covered very well here by many of you anyway). But I just wanted to say that it has been gratifying to me to know I am not alone in my feelings toward this run. Peter, to me was once so relatable as a character - Now? He brokers deals with the devil, fakes photos and gets fired for it, plagiarizes to obtain a doctorate, and completely botches running a company on a massive public scale. When a form of escapism becomes a source of aggravation, its time to move on I suppose. I guess they can't mess with him any worse, so the next best thing is to completely change MJ's character and the built continuity that was her relationship with Peter. Damn it, Marvel.
    Curious what any of that has to do with Wells run?
    My Wells' comment was clear. The rest was a second thought that would have been better if separated from the first comment. So apologies. To you and whoever I may have thrown off. (This apology does not extend to Wells or the Spider-Office)
    Last edited by Fiasco Jones; 05-10-2023 at 02:51 PM.

Incredible Member

Assuming Wells himself doesn't. I mean this is leaning heavily into the "we love each other but can't be together" struggle that the two will have to overcome. If this does run does end with Peter and MJ getting back together it will be interesting how this run is viewed in hindsight.

I'm sure we can all see what they're doing. It's just that even if this gets fixed, it's only going to get torn down again, probably even worse next time. Nothing is going to change until there's a regime change with a different mindset towards this couple.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Orbus View Post
    Assuming Wells himself doesn't. I mean this is leaning heavily into the "we love each other but can't be together" struggle that the two will have to overcome. If this does run does end with Peter and MJ getting back together it will be interesting how this run is viewed in hindsight.
    For me, it wouldn't be worth it. They say it's the journey, not the destination that counts, and boy howdy this journey has sucked major ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Orbus View Post
    "Boy, that was pointless."

BANNED

Buddy offered me his digital download of 25 so I could just read the whole damn thing myself and see if there's any other details that may not have been discussed.

First, I will say I was clearly wrong about the kids. The little girl is very clearly established as being too young to form words at first.

But that being said, I do fully believe they are totem/magic used to bind MJ. Owen feels written to be very manipulative of MJ. From his little freakout in the tent to saying she can hug him. I really feel like these kids are meant to be part of the ritual/binding of 'the scarlet woman' as Rabin keeps saying (You would think saying MJ would be easier but I guess he prefers to be all theatrical)

Also, someone showing up at the hospital last minute, I'm guessing Norman? Maybe he knows more about Paul and MJ's situation than he's letting on, and he thinks he's helping Peter as well by perpetuating them being a couple.

Which they absolutely are not at this point. It's very obvious they are not even slightly romantic. They have all the chemistry of a wet shoe.

Seriously, MJ fans, don't lose faith in her over this. Wells is just trying to fake us out here.

I will say the Black Cat story was cute. Rowell has a good sense for both Pete and Felicia. I laughed at "You cried at Deadpool's wedding video." We all did, Pete. We all did.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Venomsaurus View Post
    Buddy offered me his digital download of 25 so I could just read the whole damn thing myself and see if there's any other details that may not have been discussed.

First, I will say I was clearly wrong about the kids. The little girl is very clearly established as being too young to form words at first.

But that being said, I do fully believe they are totem/magic used to bind MJ. Owen feels written to be very manipulative of MJ. From his little freakout in the tent to saying she can hug him. I really feel like these kids are meant to be part of the ritual/binding of 'the scarlet woman' as Rabin keeps saying (You would think saying MJ would be easier but I guess he prefers to be all theatrical)

Also, someone showing up at the hospital last minute, I'm guessing Norman? Maybe he knows more about Paul and MJ's situation than he's letting on, and he thinks he's helping Peter as well by perpetuating them being a couple.

Which they absolutely are not at this point. It's very obvious they are not even slightly romantic. They have all the chemistry of a wet shoe.

Seriously, MJ fans, don't lose faith in her over this. Wells is just trying to fake us out here.

I will say the Black Cat story was cute. Rowell has a good sense for both Pete and Felicia. I laughed at "You cried at Deadpool's wedding video." We all did, Pete. We all did.
    I am assuming you mean the guy who showed up to talk to MJ? That was Cap.
    All I wanted was to be unconditionally loved while never having to work on my flaws. Is that so much to ask?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    I am assuming you mean the guy who showed up to talk to MJ? That was Cap.
    Oh, snap, I don't know how I missed that. I am the fool. Thank you for correcting me!

Fantastic Member Crazyspideyfan's Avatar

There’s some big reveal about Paul they’re still hiding, I can’t guess what it would be but MJ knows

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    I'm sure we can all see what they're doing. It's just that even if this gets fixed, it's only going to get torn down again, probably even worse next time. Nothing is going to change until there's a regime change with a different mindset towards this couple.
    I mean that’s a problem with comics in general. They never end so they endlessly spin their wheels. Honestly I hope the eventual reboot 616 so we can get some actual progression before that happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurus View Post
    I mean that’s a problem with comics in general. They never end so they endlessly spin their wheels. Honestly I hope the eventual reboot 616 so we can get some actual progression before that happens.
    There are far better ways to spin their wheels than what we got here. This was entirely inflammatory and done for the sole purpose of damaging the characters. But hey MJ will end up being a superhero out of it all, since I guess that's supposed to be the consolation prize for what they did to her, which I couldn't care less about.

All of this feels artificial. Just artificial drama that seems to rely on surface level readings or experience with the characters to where you don't look too deeply into their behavior or attitude.

Especially when you see how Johnny reacted to Peter in this issue.

Also, the backup was cute but I agree with the opinion that you could've just had Felicia be MJ and the story would 100% be the same.
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    There are far better ways to spin their wheels than what we got here. This was entirely inflammatory and done for the sole purpose of damaging the characters. But hey MJ will end up being a superhero out of it all, which I guess is supposed to be the consolation price for what they did to her, which I couldn't care less about.
    Unless they really spin it well I'm not sure how much of an audience there will be for a Superhero MJ compared to when Amazing Mary Jane spun out of how well Nick Spencer re-established her in ASM.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazyspideyfan View Post
    There’s some big reveal about Paul they’re still hiding, I can’t guess what it would be but MJ knows
    Her being a secret keeper is nothing new, but if she knows, what's the point of hiding it from Peter and pushing him away. Rabin isn't interested in neither Peter, nor Paul, he's interested in her, so why make sure to keep Peter in the dark about something that could be important in case Rabin comes back again. She immediately calls him right after Rabin does comes back.
    Last edited by Johnny; 05-10-2023 at 05:16 PM.