Page 14 of 110 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464 ... LastLast
    Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUniverse View Post
    But if she did lose hope...then why were they still in the bunker in #24? The only reason she stayed in the bunker was because she knew Peter would come back for her. Wouldn't they have eventually moved on if she completely gave up all hope of ever seeing Peter again?

And another thing, why is Paul still referred to as mysterious in the recaps and also...why does he not have a last name? Is there some kind of twist with Paul coming up that we don't know about? I really feel like knowing what his last name is is important for some reason.
    Can't wait for the twist reveal that Paul is actually *gasp* Norman's long lost brother.

Quote Originally Posted by Venomsaurus View Post
    I'm really torn on this, because we have seen evidence of them just acting like a normal couple. If it's all an act, I just don't get why they went on the spa date in issue #19. That issue really hurts the credibility of this all being an act.
    She may have accepted her role as a lifelong duty of protecting Earth and has just gone along with it. I think the kids are made from totem magic. I have never seen her kiss Paul or say I love you. It's almost like they are just there for the kids. There is something like protecting those kids is her goal going forward as she has not defeated Rabin and she knows he is coming for them. So she is basically stuck in this situation until they find a way to stop Rabin for good.

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    Can't wait for the twist reveal that Paul is actually *gasp* Norman's long lost brother.
    Quiet, you!

Also...that would suck so hard.

I'm really torn on this, because we have seen evidence of them just acting like a normal couple. If it's all an act, I just don't get why they went on the spa date in issue #19. That issue really hurts the credibility of this all being an act.
    Eh, given the inconsistencies we saw with MJ/Black Cat, I wouldn't be surprised if Joe Kelly winged it for #19 and #20 like Mackay did for MJ/Black Cat. Wells did skip those issues in order to get a head start on WDPD, after all.
    Last edited by CaptainUniverse; 05-04-2023 at 09:18 PM.
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vortex85 View Post
    She may have accepted her role as a lifelong duty of protecting Earth and has just gone along with it. I think the kids are made from totem magic. I have never seen her kiss Paul or say I love you. It's almost like they are just there for the kids. There is something like protecting those kids is her goal going forward as she has not defeated Rabin and she knows he is coming for them. So she is basically stuck in this situation until they find a way to stop Rabin for good.
    I'm hoping for that to be the case. As awful as she's treated Peter, if she's resigned herself to this role and thinks she's got to do this, I could see MJ doing that. If she's really in it for saving the world she'd go pretty far. Even if it kills her inside to hurt him.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vortex85 View Post
    Not to be that guy but when Paul was going to talk to Peter and he’s talking to MJ, he answer with “I love you too”
    Some people think that maybe it’s one of the kids who took the phone in that moment but that’s reaching a little bit

Quote Originally Posted by spiderlink View Post
    Not to be that guy but when Paul was going to talk to Peter and he’s talking to MJ, he answer with “I love you too”
    Some people think that maybe it’s one of the kids who took the phone in that moment but that’s reaching a little bit
    I mean...those issues were written back when Wells only had in mind what the fallout of WDPD was, not what caused it. I think things have changed rather significantly since then. Like, for instance, Paul said "Do I seem like a violent person?" and yes, yes he is. We know he is! She literally met him in the Mayan Apocalypse where he was killing monsters! Simply put, I don't think the stuff from the early issues is going to match what we see in ASM #25.
    Last edited by CaptainUniverse; 05-04-2023 at 09:26 PM.
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

BANNED

I mean...those issues were written back when Wells only had in mind what the fallout of WDPD was, not what caused it. I think things have changed rather significantly since then. Like, for instance, Paul said "Do I seem like a violent person?" and yes, yes he is. We know he is! She literally met him in the Mayan Apocalypse where he was killing monsters! Simply put, I don't think the stuff from the early issues is going to match what we see in ASM #25.
    I'm of the theory Paul is a villain. He's got a connection to Rabin being a colleague of his, and he's got a Doc Ock gun. That's a bit too suspicious for my liking. Feels like there's a pretty big reveal they're keeping about him.

Fantastic Member

I mean...those issues were written back when Wells only knew what the fallout of WDPD was, not what caused it and he said he went into this whole mystery with only the fallout in mind, not the cause. I think things have changed rather significantly since then. Like, for instance, Paul said "Do I seem like a violent person?" and yes, yes he is. We know he is! She literally met him in the Mayan Apocalypse where he was killing monsters!
    If we are going to take everything that’s is being put on paper as “they didn’t know” or “Wells didn’t tell Mackay and Kelly anything” to prove our theories…I think some of you would be very disappointing when the actual issue is out lol
    Last edited by spiderlink; 05-04-2023 at 09:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by spiderlink View Post
    Eh... you are right. Ok, hm, well maybe it can be explained somehow later. We'll see.

What gets me is that she's standing there helplessly waiting for Peter when she should be the one ordering Paul around and being active.

I'm hoping for that to be the case. As awful as she's treated Peter, if she's resigned herself to this role and thinks she's got to do this, I could see MJ doing that. If she's really in it for saving the world she'd go pretty far. Even if it kills her inside to hurt him.
    I think now we might know why she seemed unhappy with him right after she saw him again, she was resentful of him for not coming back sooner as she hoped he would. When you think about it they really covered all their bases when it comes to MJ's behavior towards Peter. She trapped herself there for him, was stuck in there likely for decades, kept her hope alive that he would come back for her for years and years when he never did, eventually she couldn't take it anymore and thought she had no choice but to move on(even though her situation isn't exactly one where she can have the agency to "move on" from Peter), while becoming a "badass mom" since she and her family have been in danger all that time. All the while Peter is dead-tired, sleep-deprived, anxiety ridden, learns the woman he did everything to come back for didn't wait for him and he knows nothing about what kind of person "the mysterious Paul" is, so in his perspective it makes sense to think that Paul might have done something bad to MJ and somehow react to him accordingly, which would draw her ire to him. Hardened survivor MJ whose only purpose is to protect the only people close to her has no loyalty to someone she hasn't seen in, say, 25 years or someone she might have thought "abandoned" her long ago(she "accepted her chains"). Naturally if Peter did anything that in her mind was remotely offensive to her or the family, she would be cold and cruel to him. They made sure they have every excuse under the sun to make it look like it "makes sense" for MJ to treat him like this going forward, while seemingly absolving her of any accountability for everything that happened.
    Last edited by Johnny; 05-04-2023 at 09:54 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    I think now we might know why she seemed unhappy with him right after she saw him again, she was resentful of him for not coming back sooner as she hoped he would. When you think about it they really covered all their bases when it comes to MJ's behavior towards Peter. She trapped herself there for him, was stuck in there likely for decades, kept her hope alive that he would come back for her for years and years when he never did, eventually she couldn't take it anymore and thought she had no choice but to move on, while becoming a "badass mom" since she and her family have been in danger all that time. All the while Peter is dead-tired, sleep-deprived, anxiety ridden, learns the woman he did everything to come back for didn't wait for him and he knows nothing about what kind of person Paul is, so in his perspective it makes sense to think that Paul might have done something to MJ and somehow react to him accordingly, which would draw her ire to him. Hardened survivor MJ whose only purpose is to protect the only people close to her has no loyalty to someone she hasn't seen in, say, 25 years or someone she might have thought "abandoned" her years ago. Naturally if he did anything that in her mind was remotely offensive to her or the family, she would be cold and cruel to him. They made sure they have every excuse under the sun to make it look like it "makes sense" for MJ to treat him like this going forward.
    If that's the case, I'm gonna be furious because of course MJ would understand, even if it's been years, that he's doing everything he can to get back to her. She's a compassionate, empathetic person who understands Peter better than he understandsh himself half the time. If Wells seriously thinks "Well it was YEARS!" will cover his ass about ruining MJ's character, he's sorely wrong. Like I said earlier, I know it's unrealistic, but I feel MJ would wait however long it takes for him. Maybe they could explain she's "changed" all those years but it won't work on us. For one, it will always feel like cheating if she feels betrayed and and forgotten by Peter. You can frame it in every single way that makes MJ look like an angel and Peter the devil, but it doesn't change the emotion that comes with her moving on and being with another man while Peter is doing everything in his power to save her.

Then there's Peter's perspective on all this. While I'm not trying to say his POV matters more, at the end of the day MJ is the one who had to suffer in Monster Hell, he's got every right to feel betrayed in his own right. And as far as I'm concerned, any version of MJ, no matter how hardened, would understand where Peter is coming from even if he lashes out. Ands if she's really bitter he didn't save her earlier, then it's Nega-MJ for sure.

Plus as I've stated earlier, when it comes to lashing out in anger, MJ has no legs to stand on.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    I think now we might know why she seemed unhappy with him right after she saw him again, she was resentful of him for not coming back sooner as she hoped he would. When you think about it they really covered all their bases when it comes to MJ's behavior towards Peter. She trapped herself there for him, was stuck in there likely for decades, kept her hope alive that he would come back for her for years and years when he never did, eventually she couldn't take it anymore and thought she had no choice but to move on(even though her situation isn't exactly one where she can have the agency to "move on" from Peter), while becoming a "badass mom" since she and her family have been in danger all that time. All the while Peter is dead-tired, sleep-deprived, anxiety ridden, learns the woman he did everything to come back for didn't wait for him and he knows nothing about what kind of person Paul is, so in his perspective it makes sense to think that Paul might have done something awful to MJ and somehow react to him accordingly, which would draw her ire to him. Hardened survivor MJ whose only purpose is to protect the only people close to her has no loyalty to someone she hasn't seen in, say, 25 years or someone she might have thought "abandoned" her years ago("accepted her chains"). Naturally if Peter did anything that in her mind was remotely offensive to her or the family, she would be cold and cruel to him. They made sure they have every excuse under the sun to make it look like it "makes sense" for MJ to treat him like this going forward, while seemingly absolving her of any accountability for everything that happened.
    Are you taking all this at face value?

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Are you taking all this at face value?
    Just speculating like everyone else. I could be totally off the mark about everything I'm saying, which I truly hope I am since this **** pisses me off to no end.

Whatever the case, what I'm all but certain about is this issue will likely end up being Peter's biggest humiliation in his entire publication history. The way it's all been set up, it practically screams shame and embarrassment for him.
    Last edited by Johnny; 05-05-2023 at 12:49 AM.

I'm of the theory Paul is a villain. He's got a connection to Rabin being a colleague of his, and he's got a Doc Ock gun. That's a bit too suspicious for my liking. Feels like there's a pretty big reveal they're keeping about him.
    Something is going on with him, that is for sure.