Page 54 of 110 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864104 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Kurus View Post
    The reason I don’t believe the Peter is Paul theory is because it would take a long time to explain, and they don’t have the page space to do it.
    Why make it a point to refer to him as mysterious though. I mean he is mysterious and all, but when he's specifically called that way in the actual issue and then towards the end we're also told the doctors can't ID him since he has no medical records, it clearly shows the reveal of his identity is supposed to be something important. Naturally that doesn't mean he is in fact Peter but I don't believe they need a lot of page space to explain it if he was. It would take a 3-4 page recap at most.
    Last edited by Johnny; 05-11-2023 at 09:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    Man, I just saw a theory posted in the comments in CapedJoel's youtube review that I can't shake now. The idea that MJ will be the one who bites it, but because the resurrection protocol on Krakoa has been opened to non-mutants, MJ will be resurrected through that. The catch is she will be resurrected to her state before she trapped in the alternate universe for 4 years. So she's back to her original self and no longer has any memories of Paul and kids.

Though given how Peter has been characterized this entire run, he'd still probably ghost her.
    I feel like they're going to use the kids to spin her motivation as a Superhero though.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    Man, I just saw a theory posted in the comments in CapedJoel's youtube review that I can't shake now. The idea that MJ will be the one who bites it, but because the resurrection protocol on Krakoa has been opened to non-mutants, MJ will be resurrected through that. The catch is she will be resurrected to her state before she trapped in the alternate universe for 4 years. So she's back to her original self and no longer has any memories of Paul and kids.

Though given how Peter has been characterized this entire run, he'd still probably ghost her.
    that cant happen though cause Jean was doing backups of people after Judgement day event. And the Judgement day event happens during the present of this run. So even if Mj dies and somehow she gets on the list of the resurrection protocols she will still have her memories of being a mother. Unless someone in the x-men make it an effort to remove/ edit those memories. But if thats the case Paul and the kids will still be around they wouldn't just let go of her just like that
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Incredible Member SplinteringHeart's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Why make it a point to refer to him as mysterious though. I mean he is mysterious and all, but when he's specifically called that way in the actual issue and then towards the end we're also told the doctors can't ID him since he has no medical records, it clearly shows the reveal of his identity is supposed to be something important. Naturally that doesn't mean he is in fact Peter but I don't believe they need a lot of page space to explain it if he was. It would take a 3-4 page recap at most.

Paul is not Peter, at all...even with Wells' ham fisted writing...MJ would know Peter, any version of..and she wouldn't have been so upset with actual Peter being gone for 4 years if she'd had a version of him with her....but who is Paul..? How is it he seems to be a science/tech wizard like Reed/Tony/Peter? Where's that come from...not explained, so far...I was irked that we see how MJ gets her jackpot powers ie via the gizmo we saw, and yet still not how, 'cause what the hell was the gizmo, what basis did it give powers, it's just a bunch of wires/bracelet, knocked up....and why was the power given to MJ (just "reasons" I spose), what, Paul just didn't fancy them, and he's just nice to give them to MJ..?
    Last edited by SplinteringHeart; 05-11-2023 at 12:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SplinteringHeart View Post
    Paul is not Peter, at all...even with Wells' ham fisted writing...MJ would know Peter, any version of..and she wouldn't have been so upset with actual Peter being gone for 4 years if she'd had a version of him with her....but who is Paul..? How is it he seems to be a science/tech wizard like Reed/Tony/Peter? Where's that come from...not explained, so far...I was irked that we see how MJ gets her jackpot powers ie via the gizmo we saw, and yet still not how, 'cause what the hell was the gizmo, what basis did it give powers, it's just a bunch of wires/bracelet, knocked up....and why was the power given to MJ (just "reasons" I spose), what Paul just didn't fancy them, and he's just nice to give them to MJ..?
    probably cause he use to work under Rabin like he explain and he been stuck in that universe for a long time like he explain. The basis of it powers is the symbols of that world. Do a reread
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

It’s more likely he’s a homunculus than Peter, because again that would take less time to explain. I won’t pretend I know for sure though.

Paul is not Peter, at all...even with Wells' ham fisted writing...MJ would know Peter, any version of..and she wouldn't have been so upset with actual Peter being gone for 4 years if she'd had a version of him with her....but who is Paul..? How is it he seems to be a science/tech wizard like Reed/Tony/Peter? Where's that come from...not explained, so far...I was irked that we see how MJ gets her jackpot powers ie via the gizmo we saw, and yet still not how, 'cause what the hell was the gizmo, what basis did it give powers, it's just a bunch of wires/bracelet, knocked up....and why was the power given to MJ (just "reasons" I spose), what Paul just didn't fancy them, and he's just nice to give them to MJ..?
    This is coming from a place of logic, reason and expecting faithful characterization. Something this run has all but abandoned through and through.

Also she stopped being upset about Peter being gone almost immediately after finding the kids. Which was like 6 months in. He was a non-factor to her right after that.
    Last edited by Johnny; 05-11-2023 at 12:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    probably cause he use to work under Rabin like he explain and he been stuck in that universe for a long time like he explain. The basis of it powers is the symbols of that world. Do a reread
    Ok Jman, so Paul's a wizard, more like Stephen Strange then, and the symbols are magic, which he knows how to harness..

This is coming from a place of logic, reason and expecting faithful characterization. Something this run has all but abandoned through and through.

Also she stopped being upset about Peter being gone almost immediately after finding the kids. Which was like 6 months in. He was a non-factor to her right after that.
    Oh yes Johnny, I know I'm maybe adhering to logic too much...and the clues you mention about Paul being (future) Peter could fit of course....we remain still hardly nearer to whatever truth is yet to be revealed from the pen of Wells...we wait..

Oh yes Johnny, I know I'm maybe adhering to logic too much...and the clues you mention about Paul being (future) Peter could fit of course....we remain still hardly nearer to whatever truth is yet to be revealed from the pen of Wells...we wait..
    I don't honestly believe it's Peter, but the way they're teasing the reveal, it seems to be hinting that he's someone the audience is aware of. Based on that I think it seems unlikely that he's just some random former co-worker of Rabin that we never heard of before.
    Last edited by Johnny; 05-11-2023 at 12:42 PM.

Astonishing Member

Also she stopped being upset about Peter being gone almost immediately after finding the kids. He was a non-factor right after that.
    So, Rabin creates the chains after learning that Wayeb is dead and presumably learning Peter escaped the hellscape world.

He binds Wayeb's essence to himself and then creates "chains" for MJ, presumably to keep her around so he can kill her, an unspecified time later (the Rabin stuff is so incredibly poorly plotted and motivated, it burns with idiocy).

An implication (because this is some of the most purposefully vague, disingenuous writing it's been my misfortune to read) could be that the chains are not only to bind MJ to his creatures so he has leverage over her/can find her, but to also break her connection with the "sun blood," as Peter escaped and Rabin doesn't want her to follow suit.

Which could then be why MJ is so cold to Peter in the previous issues, and can't even consistently look him directly in the eyes in most of her appearances.

That is, if the story cares about explaining MJ's OOC behavior, which I'm not sure it does.

Whoever Paul is, it's clear he's still stuck in the mystery box. Right now I'm leaning toward the Big Bad, who was using Rabin to do his dirty work for him but then plans to swoop in and take the power for himself - it's a bit illogical and doesn't directly follow from what we've seen, which means it's a perfect fit for this run - or, I have to admit, I like the Paul is a version of Peter theory. Also illogical and doesn't exactly fit all the clues we've been given, but at least there are hints in the story to back it up.
    Last edited by TinkerSpider; 05-11-2023 at 12:57 PM.
    “I always figured if I were a superhero, there’s no way on God's earth that I'm gonna pal around with some teenager."

— Stan Lee

Remember folks! If you don't like the outcome of #26 and what the book has turned into, don't buy it anymore! No more hate reading, otherwise Marvel won't get the picture and will laugh its way to the bank. These issues are going to sell well because it's getting a TON of attention. Marvel is suckering a lot of readers and the book is selling well. Again, if you're unhappy, please stop buying the book with #26. Don't give Marvel another cent.

Censorship Sucks

That was hot garbage.
    I feel sorry for people who paid to read it.
    You really deserve better.
    Wow.

Quote Originally Posted by duke togo View Post
    Remember folks! If you don't like the outcome of #26 and what the book has turned into, don't buy it anymore! No more hate reading, otherwise Marvel won't get the picture and will laugh its way to the bank. These issues are going to sell well because it's getting a TON of attention. Marvel is suckering a lot of readers and the book is selling well. Again, if you're unhappy, please stop buying the book with #26. Don't give Marvel another cent.
    And send them respectful but clear "letters" about your displeasure via the spideyoffice@marvel.com email address. That is more effective than random internet ranting.

Quote Originally Posted by TinkerSpider View Post
    So, Rabin creates the chains after learning that Wayeb is dead and presumably learning Peter escaped the hellscape world.

He binds Wayeb's essence to himself and then creates "chains" for MJ, presumably to keep her around so he can kill her, an unspecified time later (the Rabin stuff is so incredibly poorly plotted and motivated, it burns with idiocy).

An implication (because this is some of the most purposefully vague, disingenuous writing it's been my misfortune to read) could be that the chains are not only to bind MJ to his creatures so he has leverage over her/can find her, but to also break her connection with the "sun blood," as Peter escaped and Rabin doesn't want her to follow suit.

Which could then be why MJ is so cold to Peter in the previous issues, and can't even consistently look him directly in the eyes in most of her appearances.

That is, if the story cares about explaining MJ's OOC behavior, which I'm not sure it does.

Whoever Paul is, it's clear he's still stuck in the mystery box. Right now I'm leaning toward the Big Bad, who was using Rabin to do his dirty work for him but then plans to swoop in and take the power for himself - it's a bit illogical and doesn't directly follow from what we've seen, which means it's a perfect fit for this run - or, I have to admit, I like the Paul is a version of Peter theory. Also illogical and doesn't exactly fit all the clues we've been given, but at least there are hints in the story to back it up.
    The timing is particularly confusing since if we assume that Rabin "created" the kids right from the start, why did it take MJ and Paul about 6 months to find them? When we see Rambo MJ for the first time(3 months after being trapped), she fights off Rabin who screams that she hasn't accepted her bindings yet. At that time they still haven't moved out of the bunker and it's months before they find the kids. So if the chains are supposed to be the kids, why is Rabin upset that she hasn't accepted her chains at a time when she hadn't found the kids yet? I guess I'm thinking the scribbles he made while he "cursed" MJ were maybe supposed to be of her and Paul rather than the kids. But then that wouldn't explain where the kids came from. They can't actually be some random kids, can they? I mean it's Wells. lol It's a damn mess.
    Last edited by Johnny; 05-11-2023 at 01:31 PM.