Page 1 of 110 123451151101 ... LastLast

Default Amazing Spider-man 25 Preview

Hahahahah. This is a joke right? I mean it must be as I am still laughing from those pages.

If marvel really tries to publish this and claim it's not a joke then the joke is on them.

EDIT: My god that page with MJ as a dystopian sarah connor lookalike... I am cracking up. It's hillarious.

Quote Originally Posted by Malachi View Post
    Hahahahah. This is a joke right? I mean it must be as I am still laughing from those pages.

If marvel really tries to publish this and claim it's not a joke then the joke is on them.

EDIT: My god that page with MJ as a dystopian sarah connor lookalike... I am cracking up. It's hillarious.
    It really is. I think I'm past the anger stage at any of this...it's just too hilarious in its sheer awfulness. Like a pardoy of superhero comics.

I'm sure some love seeing MJ punching Paul yet at the same time her slapping him like that feels like it's trying to make her come across as unlikeable and irrational.

Is this going to be the "MJ and Paul fall in love comic?"

That jacked MJ page looks like it's from a 90's parody comic.

Look at Peter flailing about uselessly while other heroes try to talk him down. Yay!

All those MJ covers and it feels like they really might just kill her off. Especially the one where they interchange her and Gwen. I don't really think they're going to do it, but...

Also I think that McGuinness cover is the first time the Jackpot watch has been acknowledged outside the BC/MJ mini.

Fantastic Member

MJ wearing a part of Spidey’s uniform around her arm as she tries to survive in a hell scape is the first piece of actual authentic feeling character work in this whole run.

Spectacular Member

MJ wearing a ring in that McGuinness variant…

Probably nothing

Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by logo449 View Post
    MJ wearing a ring in that McGuinness variant…

Probably nothing
    It's a reference to Peter and MJ being married and him hitting the jackot

G.I. (Mary) Jane!!

Whoa, this is...a lot, lmao. Marvel really should've held back on showing this early. Not just the pics, but also the press release part--it's spoilers all the way. But, hey, the book sells, so what do I know?

I think I see the vision, and it's gutsy! I don't think MJ's dying--no reason for that, and it's mean-spirited to boot. But I do think she and Peter call it quits pretty firmly in 26. Talk it out OMIT style, if you will.

I think the aim here is a story in the vein of the Shadowcat\Colossus\Zsaji arc from OG Secret Wars. A plot wedge to drive the lovers apart, certainly, but also to cut a storytelling Gordian knot: there, the problematic age gap, here--OMD.

In that sense, paralleling the story to Gwen's death makes sense in that her dying was the end of her relationship with Peter, and this story might as well cap off the Peter\MJ romance saga.

Anyway, I'm excited. I've found the run incredibly fulfilling so far, and it seems that uncharted waters lie ahead. Onward and upward!

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Oh no, MJ just slapped Paul. I feel so sad for him.

If anybody had any doubts it's been confirmed she spent years in that dimension, which just gives more proof that she cheated on Peter with the Amazing and Spectacular Paul Nolastname. Hopefully, but I very much doubt so, it's just a misdirect and she didn't have kids with Paul and they're just some sort of clone-thingies. But again, very improbable.

Peter throwing those punches at Ben and Johnny must really mess up that hand
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Astonishing Member

BWA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!

OMG this is the most asinine thing yet from Wells.

But I guess whoever had "MJ is trapped in another dimension for years while only six months pass on Earth-616" hit the jackpot, as the press release confirms it.

Wonder how Paul and MJ lost all their muscles in just a few months back on Earth-616? Paul also seems to have lost his darker skin tone LOL

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL - sorry, I can't stop laughing.

When Lowe said he had tears in his eyes when Wells told him the story, he must have meant from mirth, right? Because I know these images provoked me to tears - from the sheer ridiculousness.

And nice of Land to just retrace his covers for the Spider-Gwen Shadow Clones covers, because to Marvel all women are interchangable objects, right? Just dolls you can pop the heads off and switch around. As also witnessed in the Gwen/MJ variants for this issue. So progressive of you, Marvel, in the year 2023.

And also nice of Marvel to release this on the same day as the Spider-Verse trailer, too, when normally this would come out on a day that wouldn't interfere with chatter about the comics that come out on release day. So the lesson is: keep talking up Baby May and Scarlet Spider in the trailer!

ROTFLMAO
    Last edited by TinkerSpider; 04-04-2023 at 11:12 AM.
    “I always figured if I were a superhero, there’s no way on God's earth that I'm gonna pal around with some teenager."

— Stan Lee

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_Of_X View Post
    G.I. (Mary) Jane!!

Whoa, this is...a lot, lmao. Marvel really should've held back on showing this early. Not just the pics, but also the press release part--it's spoilers all the way. But, hey, the book sells, so what do I know?

I think I see the vision, and it's gutsy! I don't think MJ's dying--no reason for that, and it's mean-spirited to boot. But I do think she and Peter call it quits pretty firmly in 26. Talk it out OMIT style, if you will.

I think the aim here is a story in the vein of the Shadowcat\Colossus\Zsaji arc from OG Secret Wars. A plot wedge to drive the lovers apart, certainly, but also to cut a storytelling Gordian knot: there, the problematic age gap, here--OMD.

In that sense, paralleling the story to Gwen's death makes sense in that her dying was the end of her relationship with Peter, and this story might as well cap off the Peter\MJ romance saga.

Anyway, I'm excited. I've found the run incredibly fulfilling so far, and it seems that uncharted waters lie ahead. Onward and upward!
    On the contrary the waters ahead seems very chartered. I would say it’s like trying to explore the Hudson River.

I expect nothing new from all of this. The only thing new is how boldly marvel is declaring that they are creatively bankrupt. It’s just tropes and cliches thrown on top of each other with such bad execution that the cracks are so visible that they in the themselves are becoming a sense of pride for marvel somehow.