Page 3 of 110 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Coop View Post
    That the MJ chapter is done by a fill-in artist basically shows how much Lowe/Wells/Marvel even care about her story.

A done to death story by the numbers. I am sure Lowe/Wells are so impressed with themselves with this metaphor for the gap between OMD and now being represented by the the years Peter and MJ will spend apart where she moves on and shacks up with this empty husk of a character in Paul. And now it parallels that fans and Peter need to move on from her as a love interest.

I don't know whether to root for Zeb's Hollywood career so he moves on from comics or root against it so there's less awful movies and tv out there and his damage can be limited to comics.
    Root for feature films - a screenwriter is one of lowest people in the Hollywood filmmaking power hierarchy. Directors have much more power over the film's vision. It's different for TV, where writers have more power, and it's definitely different for comics, especially under a laissez-faire editor.

SO LET'S GO FEATURE FILM CAREER! WOO HOO!
    Last edited by TinkerSpider; 04-04-2023 at 12:21 PM.
    “I always figured if I were a superhero, there’s no way on God's earth that I'm gonna pal around with some teenager."

— Stan Lee

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TinkerSpider View Post
    Root for feature films - a screenwriter is one of lowest people in the Hollywood filmmaking power hierarchy. Directors have much more power over the film's vision. It's different for TV, where writers have more power, and it's definitely different for comics, especially under a laissez-faire editor.

SO LET'S GO FEATURE FILM CAREER! WOO HOO!
    Everyone pray super hard for Zeb Wells' success in Hollywood! Go Zeb Wells! WOO HOO!
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

Astonishing Member

Wells isn't the only one who pushes this idiotic direction of character. Even if he leaves, someone else will continue it.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    Wells isn't the only one who pushes this idiotic direction of character. Even if he leaves, someone else will continue it.
    For the most part, it's thr BND Writers who push it. After Wells leaves, they'll be lucky if they get another one. Maybe Joe Kelly? But then after that, there is no one else from that era to take over.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitou D. Kid View Post
    For the most part, it's thr BND Writers who push it. After Wells leaves, they'll be lucky if they get another one. Maybe Joe Kelly? But then after that, there is no one else from that era to take over.
    Joe Kelly has other responsibilities to Man of Action Entertainment, hence why he doesn't do ongoings. Wells is looking to be the last BND writer available to push this kind of stuff.
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    As much as I find funny the idea of MJ getting muscles, this is definitely somekind of stupid joke from Marvel!!!

They are truly mocking on us, right? BECAUSE I'M NOT LAUGHING!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Coop View Post
    That the MJ chapter is done by a fill-in artist basically shows how much Lowe/Wells/Marvel even care about her story.

A done to death story by the numbers. I am sure Lowe/Wells are so impressed with themselves with this metaphor for the gap between OMD and now being represented by the the years Peter and MJ will spend apart where she moves on and shacks up with this empty husk of a character in Paul. And now it parallels that fans and Peter need to move on from her as a love interest.

I don't know whether to root for Zeb's Hollywood career so he moves on from comics or root against it so there's less awful movies and tv out there and his damage can be limited to comics.
    Kaare Andrews is a pretty big artist, so having him draw a major scene doesn't indicate a lack of care from editorial or the writer.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    Kaare Andrews is a pretty big artist, so having him draw a major scene doesn't indicate a lack of care from editorial or the writer.
    I'm going to back this up. Kaare Andrews is a big deal in the comic book industry.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    I'm going to back this up. Kaare Andrews is a big deal in the comic book industry.
    I'm waiting for the Reign jokes, personally. Especially since they are teasing they are killing off MJ in this arc. I can hear people now:

"Hey, at least this time she didn't die from cancer caused by 'sharing a toothbrush' with Peter! Be thankful, you entitled ingrates!"
    Last edited by TinkerSpider; 04-04-2023 at 01:14 PM.
    “I always figured if I were a superhero, there’s no way on God's earth that I'm gonna pal around with some teenager."

— Stan Lee

Quote Originally Posted by TinkerSpider View Post
    I'm waiting for the Reign jokes, personally. Especially since they are teasing they are killing off MJ in this arc. I can hear people now:

"Hey, at least this time she didn't die from cancer caused by "sharing a toothbrush" with Peter! Be thankful, you entitled ingrates!"
    Marvel watching as I double-down on not buying this book ever and instead going to watch ATSV a million times over:

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUniverse View Post
    Marvel watching as I double-down on not buying this book ever and instead going to watch ATSV a million times over:

how many users here actually buys the asm books
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    how many users here actually buys the asm books
    I...I don't actually know the answer to that question.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUniverse View Post
    I...I don't actually know the answer to that question.
    I'm betting less than 40 percent do
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    I'm betting less than 40 percent do
    Sounds like a good even number...yeah...I can get behind that.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    Maybe I am old but I always find consistency a higher indication of care than bringing in someone.

I'm good to agree to disagree. I think it looks out of place and odd that the MJ chapter has someone else coming in to do it.

Plus, the story itself in my opinion already indicates a lack of care from editorial and the writer. Shoe horning in Wells who cares BND character in and making them a focal point in a story that's going to get news just because it's once again splitting MJ and Peter up controversially seems self serving and cynical to me
    Last edited by Coop; 04-04-2023 at 01:36 PM.