Page 4 of 110 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUniverse View Post
    Joe Kelly has other responsibilities to Man of Action Entertainment, hence why he doesn't do ongoings. Wells is looking to be the last BND writer available to push this kind of stuff.
    They would probably give Dan Slott another chance in the ASM books just to anoy the fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Coop View Post
    Maybe I am old but I always find consistency a higher indication of care than bringing in someone.

I'm good to agree to disagree. I think it looks out of place and odd that the MJ chapter has someone else coming in to do it.

Plus, the story itself in my opinion already indicates a lack of care from editorial and the writer. Shoe horning in Wells who cares BND character in and making them a focal point in a story that's going to get news just because it's once again splitting MJ and Peter up controversially seems self serving and cynical to me
    Maybe it just doesn't stand out to me because at this point I'm just not surprised when a new artist comes in even in the middle of an arc. Feels like it happens more often than not.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by TinkerSpider View Post
    (Also, what "problematic" age gap? Not that people appear to age in this dimension and MJ has not been drawn as appreciably older. Do you really think an age gap of six-eight years - as again, MJ is drawn to still be in her 20s, maybe early 30s, same as Peter, is "problematic" for humans? Or even an age gap of 20 years? They're both over the age of consent, what is the issue? People fall in love and marry who they fall in love with and want to marry, putting a limit on age feels...limited)
    I assumed that referred to the age gap between Colossus and Kitty.

Quote Originally Posted by Jwyatt View Post
    I assumed that referred to the age gap between Colossus and Kitty.
    They're saying Peter and MJ may be done because MJ could be "30" while Peter is "25."

Fantastic Member

I think the aim here is a story in the vein of the Shadowcat\Colossus\Zsaji arc from OG Secret Wars. A plot wedge to drive the lovers apart, certainly, but also to cut a storytelling Gordian knot: there, the problematic age gap, here--OMD.
    I'm not trying to start an argument, but the quote above reads to me that Secret Wars and Piotr and Kitty had the problematic age gap.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jwyatt View Post
    I'm not trying to start an argument, but the quote above reads to me that Secret Wars and Piotr and Kitty had the problematic age gap.
    Yes, that's actually super clear - you're reading it right
    Last edited by bob.schoonover; 04-04-2023 at 02:22 PM.
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

The beautiful Kaare Andrews art and going full 90s parody mode with commando MJ and her 90s hair, and tattered Spidey suit over her arm is wonderful and then I read the reactions in the thread and I feel like I'm in the twilight zone. Folks that is just fun comics, it's ok, it'll be ok.

Fantastic Member

Wow I wonder if we have a different idea of what fun is?
    Or whether we think it’s condescending to talk to people who have different opinions that way

Whether you enjoy or don't enjoy the comic, you should feel free to express your opinions and not feel villified for it.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spidey_62 View Post
    The beautiful Kaare Andrews art and going full 90s parody mode with commando MJ and her 90s hair, and tattered Spidey suit over her arm is wonderful and then I read the reactions in the thread and I feel like I'm in the twilight zone. Folks that is just fun comics, it's ok, it'll be ok.
    The art is brilliant, Commando MJ would make a great poster. The only question is will the story be on the art level? Since this is Wells I will say the odds are < 1%.

Astonishing Member

I knew I'd seen Rambo MJ before! Web of Doom #2. But she's on a movie set.

RCO002_1663972674.jpg
    “I always figured if I were a superhero, there’s no way on God's earth that I'm gonna pal around with some teenager."

— Stan Lee

Quote Originally Posted by TinkerSpider View Post
    I knew I'd seen Rambo MJ before! Web of Doom #2. But she's on a movie set.

RCO002_1663972674.jpg
    This run isn't capable of having an original idea of its own.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spidey_62 View Post
    Hey, it's just people's opinions on comics. If they don't agree with you, it'll be ok. It's ok.

I find the desperate need to discredit negative opinions so pathetic. Most people here posting opinions aren't doing so because they are in a crisis or profoundly affected by a comic book. If I went to a stranger on the street or hijacked a meeting at work and started complaining about Ben Reilly and fill-in art, you'd have a point.

But we're here. On a forum ABOUT comics. In a thread about a specific comic. There is no place on Earth more appropriate and normal to have a discussion about the comic.

Before you condescend to people look inwards and wonder why you're so profoundly affected by other people's opinions that you have to try and dismiss them with your attitude.

Quote Originally Posted by Coop View Post
    Maybe I am old but I always find consistency a higher indication of care than bringing in someone.

I'm good to agree to disagree. I think it looks out of place and odd that the MJ chapter has someone else coming in to do it.

Plus, the story itself in my opinion already indicates a lack of care from editorial and the writer. Shoe horning in Wells who cares BND character in and making them a focal point in a story that's going to get news just because it's once again splitting MJ and Peter up controversially seems self serving and cynical to me
    It's been normal for decades for milestone issues to have back-ups with different artists. This doesn't seem to be an exception.

Fill-in artists would show a lack of care from the editor or writer if it's clearly a rushjob or if they chose someone insignificant. This doesn't seem to be the case here.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    It's been normal for decades for milestone issues to have back-ups with different artists. This doesn't seem to be an exception.

Fill-in artists would show a lack of care from the editor or writer if it's clearly a rushjob or if they chose someone insignificant. This doesn't seem to be the case here.
    Like I said. I don't agree. I think outsourcing the MJ section of the story seems a weak move rather than budgeting the time and planning to let JRJR be able to do the whole arc.