Page 5 of 110 FirstFirst 1234567891555105 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jwyatt View Post
    I assumed that referred to the age gap between Colossus and Kitty.
    Oops! You're right.
    “I always figured if I were a superhero, there’s no way on God's earth that I'm gonna pal around with some teenager."

— Stan Lee

I don't truly understand what is Wells trying to accomplish.

Quote Originally Posted by Spidey_Legend View Post
    I don't truly understand what is Wells trying to accomplish.
    Marvel editorial meeting, a few years back:

Akira: We need to split these two for good to finally make fans shut up about it. How??

Zeb: We trap MJ in some magical dimension for years, get her knocked up by a random guy, blame it all on Peter and then kill her off.

Akira: Do it!

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Marvel editorial meeting, a few years back:

Akira: We need to split these two for good to finally make fans shut up about it. How??

Zeb: We trap MJ in some magical dimension for years, get her knocked up by a random guy, blame it all on Peter and then kill her off.

Akira: Do it!
    Probably you are right but how can't neither of the people at Marvel realize that this stupid thing is going to backlash?

Quote Originally Posted by Spidey_Legend View Post
    Probably you are right but how can't neither of the people at Marvel realize that this stupid thing is going to backlash?
    They realize it, just like they knew the backlash OMD would cause and every other stupid fucking thing they've done to this couple over the tears. It's the outcome that matters to them. That's the only thing they care about. When it comes to these two, Marvel has always applied "the end justifies the means" approach. Erasing their marriage(and future daughter) clearly wasn't enough because people never gave up on them, so the next attempt to deal with the "problem" permanently is to put them in a gross situation like this. And even if this garbage is indeed a fake out in the end or someone decided to retcon it, eventually they will just try something else again. It's what they do.
    Last edited by Johnny; 04-04-2023 at 07:35 PM.

Fantastic Member Crazyspideyfan's Avatar

I’m still interested to see how everything pans out

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_Of_X View Post
    Anyway, I'm excited. I've found the run incredibly fulfilling so far, and it seems that uncharted waters lie ahead. Onward and upward!
    You know, I think this is the most damning criticism of the run I've seen yet.
    Because clearly what the run is going for is the emotional tragedy of Ben turning evil and Peter losing MJ. It wants to tug on our heartstrings. The Death of Gwen Stacy was absolutely not meant to draw a line under Gwen Stacy and for better or worse it hasn't.

You like this run. But are you saying that it's moving? Are you saying that it's tugging on your heartstrings? No. You're saying, how exciting, on to the next exciting thing. You're praising the run not for anything it is doing but for the uncharted waters ahead.
    Petrus Maria Johannaque sunt nubendi

Astonishing Member

Any idea when will Marvel reveal more covers for "Disney100"?

Spectacular Member

I'm pretty convinced this is going to end with Peter going back to stop MJ from getting stuck there in the first place, but she remembers everything and thus he has effectively killed her kids which she will never forgive him for and won't speak to him again

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Daibhidh View Post
    You know, I think this is the most damning criticism of the run I've seen yet.
    Because clearly what the run is going for is the emotional tragedy of Ben turning evil and Peter losing MJ. It wants to tug on our heartstrings. The Death of Gwen Stacy was absolutely not meant to draw a line under Gwen Stacy and for better or worse it hasn't.

You like this run. But are you saying that it's moving? Are you saying that it's tugging on your heartstrings? No. You're saying, how exciting, on to the next exciting thing. You're praising the run not for anything it is doing but for the uncharted waters ahead.
    Do you see how this kind of thing could discourage people from wanting to post anything positive? This is how echo chambers are created.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    Do you see how this kind of thing could discourage people from wanting to post anything positive? This is how echo chambers are created.
    How so? Daibhidh is asking questions. They are inviting a dialogue, not trying to shut one down. They are exchanging opinions.

If one does not agree with Daibhidh, one is welcome to provide a counter argument.

On the other hand, telling someone their speech is chilling without engaging in the substance of what was said can actually chill speech.
    Last edited by TinkerSpider; 04-05-2023 at 07:27 AM.
    “I always figured if I were a superhero, there’s no way on God's earth that I'm gonna pal around with some teenager."

— Stan Lee

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    I do not agree with this analysis. I think the run sucks but that is my own opinion. If someone likes the run, there is nothing wrong with them saying that either. We still have First Amendment Rights. People are entitled to say what they think provided they do not cross certain lines: Personal attacks, threats of violence use of certain words like the “N” word etc.

Fantastic Member

I think in general keeping comments focused on the comic and not each other's opinions on it will make things smoother for all parties involved.

Nobody is changing any hearts and minds on the Spider-Man CBR forum. Some people come on talk about how much they love the book, some people come on talk a little ****. It's all Gucci.

At the end of the day this is simply suggestive opinions on a work. These things live and die by emotion, If you feel happy when you put the book down then you probably like the book. If like me you feel annoyed and frustrated you don't like the book.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by TinkerSpider View Post
    BWA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!

OMG this is the most asinine thing yet from Wells.

But I guess whoever had "MJ is trapped in another dimension for years while only six months pass on Earth-616" hit the jackpot, as the press release confirms it.
    Not to toot my own horn, but called it back in February and I am barely following the spoilers online as they come out lmao

Something happened 6 months ago that ended with Mary Jane being trapped in another reality. In this other reality, time passed quicker than 616. She gave up on Peter rescuing her and moved on with Paul and the kids.

Eventually, Peter does something that is able to bring over MJ, Paul, and the kids from this other reality. Whatever he does causes additional problems on earth 616 and pisses off the other heroes. Peter expects Mary Jane to just pick up where they left off, but she can't now because she feels responsible for the kids.

I should have put money on it. Although now I'm leaning towards the kids being phonies.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_Of_X View Post
    G.I. (Mary) Jane!!

Whoa, this is...a lot, lmao. Marvel really should've held back on showing this early. Not just the pics, but also the press release part--it's spoilers all the way. But, hey, the book sells, so what do I know?

I think I see the vision, and it's gutsy! I don't think MJ's dying--no reason for that, and it's mean-spirited to boot. But I do think she and Peter call it quits pretty firmly in 26. Talk it out OMIT style, if you will.

I think the aim here is a story in the vein of the Shadowcat\Colossus\Zsaji arc from OG Secret Wars. A plot wedge to drive the lovers apart, certainly, but also to cut a storytelling Gordian knot: there, the problematic age gap, here--OMD.

In that sense, paralleling the story to Gwen's death makes sense in that her dying was the end of her relationship with Peter, and this story might as well cap off the Peter\MJ romance saga.

Anyway, I'm excited. I've found the run incredibly fulfilling so far, and it seems that uncharted waters lie ahead. Onward and upward!
    Honestly, bast case scenario is that they just write MJ out for a bit after this. But even that would only "cap off" the Peter/MJ saga as much as OMIT, OMD, the Clone Saga, and Mackie's run did. That is, until the next writer/editor decides to re-introduce it and we end up with the same problem-- wash, rinse, repeat.

Which is why it would be a nice change of pace if they stopped continually trying to torpedo the relationship and actually embraced it for a change. Maybe we'd end up with better stories.
    Last edited by Spider-Tiger; 04-05-2023 at 08:26 AM.

Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Tiger View Post
    Not to toot my own horn, but called it back in February and I am barely following the spoilers online as they come out lmao

I should have put money on it. Although now I'm leaning towards the kids being phonies.

Honestly, base case scenario is that they just write MJ out for a bit after this. But even that would only "cap off" the Peter/MJ saga as much as OMIT and OMD did. That is, until the next writer/editor decides to re-introduce it and we end up with the same problem-- wash, rinse, repeat.
    I can see more of MJ being out for the next arc and coming back at the Wedding issue and if the watch sticks around she and Peter have a team up and we get some Felicia being jealous of them because it's now something Peter and MJ have in common,. cause drama