So the storyline they are pushing is that Moiras mind and sense of morality and loyalty was messed up by her living 10 different lives with allegiance to a different philosophy each life.

While this is definitely plausible, I want to discuss alternative theories as to her motives or as to where her story is headed. Mods, I dont know if fan theories need spoiler tags but if so please feel free to add them or let me know and I will add them.

My theory is that Moira is actually secretly working with Mystique and the precogs that already read her mind and know her ultimate plan and goal: Destiny Emma Frost and Prof X. The gun she was shot with didnt actually remove her powers, it was a nonfunctioning version of the gun. Perhaps the gun even instead worked as a save point so that when Moira ultimately dies, she comes back to that same point so that they dont have to build Krokoa again. Everything that happened is what they wanted Orchis to find out if they look into Moiras background and motives. But ultimately all of this is Moiras and the telepaths and precogs plan to allow her to infiltrate Orchis, and ultimately infiltrate the computer/ai in the center of our galaxy’s black hole that wants to consume both human and mutant lives alike. Moira will learn everything she can about all of these entities and how they will destroy the mutants so that she can return to the save point with all of this knowledge and help the xmen use to defeat both Orchis and ultimately the ai at the heart of our galaxys blackhole once and for all.