Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Quote Originally Posted by Bgred37 View Post
    Who is it we think reached out to Rasputin floating in space? How would she make it back to the pre SOS timeline?
    My money is on Heart Sinister because of the whole, let's make a deal comment.

Spectacular Member sensormellow's Avatar

Just finished this. Turns out Destiny wasn't all for protecting mutants and keeping them safe, after all.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by sensormellow View Post
    Just finished this. Turns out Destiny wasn't all for protecting mutants and keeping them safe, after all.
    moira was right yet again lol

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    Yeah, that did not pan out so well now did it? Don't get me wrong i loved her part in this so far and i can't wait to see her brought back at the end game but THAT little nugget did seem rather foolish of her...900 years worth to be exact.
    Yeah, the more they emphasize the horror and rot in this universe the more foolish Storm's decision seems.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

I just finished reading the issue and I really enjoyed it but I'm a bit confused by Moira's appearance here. Is that supposed to be the "real" Moira XI so basically her current robot-form?

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    Yeah, the more they emphasize the horror and rot in this universe the more foolish Storm's decision seems.
    But who’s to say it wouldn’t happen all over again if she had reset it? There’s no guarantee anyone would remember. Destiny would know and in her psychotic need to be with her wife she could direct it to unfold the same way.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    I just finished reading the issue and I really enjoyed it but I'm a bit confused by Moira's appearance here. Is that supposed to be the "real" Moira XI so basically her current robot-form?
    Yeah this should be the current Moira. She sure knows how to survive long spans of time lol
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

While Sinister’s motives are definitely his own, are we really supposed to be against him in his goal to reset this timeline? I mean, just looking at the state of this future, it’s an absolute Hellhole that even the Age of Apocalype would blush at. There’s nothing left to save as the Sinister Quiet Council have ruined it. At this point, it feels like Rasputin and Storm are the ones who essentially want to keep the universe on life support in spite of the quality of it being beyond saving and the Quiet Council want it in life support so they can continue to milk what they can out of it. Meanwhile Sinister, while for his own selfish purposes, is the reasonable one trying to put this universe out if its misery so things can return to normal.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    While Sinister’s motives are definitely his own, are we really supposed to be against him in his goal to reset this timeline? I mean, just looking at the state of this future, it’s an absolute Hellhole that even the Age of Apocalype would blush at. There’s nothing left to save as the Sinister Quiet Council have ruined it. At this point, it feels like Rasputin and Storm are the ones who essentially want to keep the universe on life support in spite of the quality of it being beyond saving and the Quiet Council want it in life support so they can continue to milk what they can out of it. Meanwhile Sinister, while for his own selfish purposes, is the reasonable one trying to put this universe out if its misery so things can return to normal.
    He only wants to do that to correct what happened to HIS profit. He doesn't care about the state of the universe. We"re supposed to be very suspicious of his plans.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by yellow cyclone View Post
    moira was right yet again lol
    Come on, don't be tight-lipped now... How so?

Quote Originally Posted by Nicoclaws View Post
    He only wants to do that to correct what happened to HIS profit. He doesn't care about the state of the universe. We"re supposed to be very suspicious of his plans.
    While true, he’s also doing what needs to be done in order to right this wrong even if for all the wrong reasons. At very least, getting things back to what they were means that there are heroes around who can stop him before he can accomplish his goals as opposed to this timeline where any actual good people left are only doing what they can to be able to live another day in a universe that has fallen to the darkness.

Incredible Member

Interesting developments, but I think I liked it less than the prior issues. Obviously, things will be loss when you move from 100 years to 1000 years later, but it was all a little too handwavy exposition dumps rather than organic developments.

Not really jiving with the art style and the increased use of inky color contrasts in this issue, but I supposed it fits with the tone of the universe being worse. Giving Rasputin a sinister diamond here when its absence in the prior issue was a major plot point, is a pretty big gaffe. The panel where Namor kisses Emma's hand is weird as it just uses wavy lines to signify Namor becoming Juggernaut, but then we get no image of Namor as Juggernaut afterwards, which makes the depiction pointless.

I liked the callback to Destiny's future vision which had Giant Exodus vs Sinister spaceship.

LMAO how is Sinister better than Irene just because he couldn't foresee that his plan of screwing over everybody else in the universe would screw him over as well? At least Irene is doing it all for Raven.

Tho I'm annoyed that Gillen is obsessed with the notion of making Irene/Raven choose between themselves and the rest of mutanthood with no third option whatsoever. Inferno didn't make them more compelling by having Mystique find a way to resurrect Irene and Destiny finding a way to defeat Moira without destroying Krakoa, just for Destiny to again be reduced to a comical villain for plot contrivance sake. It was the laziest route to take for her post-Hickman and Gillen took the bait.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

In fairness Sinisters plan was to reset it one year in

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    In fairness Sinisters plan was to reset it one year in
    Yeah... AFTER it started to backfire on HIM. He didn't care about anybody else.