Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Default Immoral X-Men #3 - Review/Spoilers

Me listening to Destiny's message to Sinister.

This issue moved a lot of the pieces into place. It's now year 1000 and things are quite horrible.

We open with the preview pages, Rasputin searching one of Exodus' Prayerworlds for a clue she detected in the minds of one of the tortured clones. Exodus has cloned himself and here we see one of him has grown extremely large as he's connected to several other clones in eggs, their brains trapped in an infinite loop, chanting jubilations to the Exodus. She sensed a message in one of their minds. Note: she and Sinister have been searching for anything that could assist them in their goals for over 900 years. They're tired.

She finds what she's looking for and thinks a prayer of thanks which accidentally wakes up the giant Exodus. As he rises she uses a stepping disc to return to the Marauder ship she and Sinister took in year 100. It was shiny and new back then, not so much now. As they start to fly away giant Exodus follows them. Sinister has no other choice and calls out to another Prayerworld, informing them that this Prayerworld's Exodus has been launched. Exodus is about to devour their ship with a giant TK abomination with multiples mouths and teeth but then another Exodus, responding to Sinister's message, arrives. We learn that there has been an Exodus schism and individual sects have established their own sovereignty. Their relations between each other are tense but the Prayerworlds have cease-fire scriptures. However when an Exodus launches as this one has, it's considered an act of war. While the two Exoduses (Exodusi?) are about to destroy each other, Sinister and Rasputin are able to warp away and escape. War will ignite between the two sects and "the body count will be unimaginable." But it's kinda par for the course in this insane universe.

On the ship Rasputin decodes and relays the message she found in the mind of the tortured clone to Sinister. It has some space-time locations and a phrase in classical English... "We should be on the same side." Sinister is silent. He knows this is a message from Destiny.

Data page giving us an update on the status of the Quiet Council in this third millennium. Basically they've splintered, Xavier the protectorate of the Dream faction, Emma is Empress of the Red Diamond, Kate is pirating out in the void, Hope has been "dissected into still-living reliquaries and distributed among the Exodus sects", Magik fled to the Limbic Incursion after losing a seventh diamond war, Beast works for Emma, etc. etc. There are a million+ Sinister-derived gene polities. Total mutant population of the galaxy is "unimaginable." Mutants are undisputed rulers of the galaxy.

Sinister and Rasputin work they way to the coordinates Destiny left them, passing through Magik's Limbo Incursion - she's trying to bring Limbo into reality and she has giant Colossus citadels watching her borders. Ambitious woman she is. They also pass through a war front between Xavier's Dream and Emma's Red Diamond fleet. They also pass through a bunch of space pirate ships, Kate's faction. Finally they reach their destination and find a lone satelitte. Rasputin teleports to it and recovers a canister inside. Rasputin comments that Sinister seems unsettled which he admits is true. If the canister has a message from his old friend, he wants to listen to it alone and tells her not to disturb him. He plays the message:

"Hello, Nathaniel." Yup it's Irene. "I stole your lab with Storm, Stellaris and the Arakkii. If you're listening to this, they'll have hid it again, when I tried to reset the universe. This will be because Raven is dead. And if Raven is dead... Oh god. I hate myself. She would hate me for this. I... Nathaniel. If you get back to your Moiras and you return to the past, come to me. I will join you."

What?? I can't with her.

Rasputin continues. "... you're not trying to save the universe, are you?" Sinister says afraid not. She raises her sword and says that he then doesn't get to live. He materializes a gun in each of his hands and shoots her with anti-phase bullets. They do nothing to her and she says she's insulted, that even with his best tech he can't beat her in a fight, just the way he made her. He agrees that of course he can't beat her, he's given her the best cocktail he possibly could: Telepathy, steel body, intangibility, force-fields, healing factor, free will. He runs out of the room and while standing in the doorway comments that he gave her all these gifts... he closes the door, sealing her inside and then explodes that portion of the ship, sending Rasputin hurtling out into space. He gave her all those gifts but didn't give her flight.

Sinister returns to the Sol system which is essentially lifeless, a clone of Kenji "Zero" Uedo consuming the planets. He lands on earth and thinks it's pretty smart for someone to hide there as no one is likely to bother searching it. He enters a cave and encounters a Doombot who just repeats things like "Still Doom. Only Doom. Doom. Doom." It has interesting red eyes. Moira appears. This is where she's been hiding. Sinister cuts to the chase and asks, "What if I said I had a way back to a life you could love and not merely endure?" She says she would follow him to the edge of the universe. He says good because that's where they're going.

We're now in the Court of the Red Diamond, Emma's home. She has literally become the living gem of Cyttorak. Three cuckoos are by her side as well as Beast. Clones of Namor and two others are kneeling before her. She's essentially initiating them, allowing them to kiss her hand which turns them into unstoppable juggernauts as they join her cause. Beast suddenly informs Emma that an old project of his has just paid dividends. His eyes are similar to the Doombot's. Turns out he can see what the Doombot sees!

On the Marauder, Moira (with Doombot sitting nearby) is surprised to learn that Sinister cloned her and was able to keep it a secret. Sinister has filled her in on everything. They arrive at the Brotherhood's World Farm and are immediately shot down. LOL. The three emerge from the fiery remains of the ship and are greeted by old Jon Ironfire and his cool Cyclops-dog. He assumes Sinister is with Emma's empire but Sinister says he's the original Sinister and that's he's only with himself. But he says if Emma has followed him they can't let the Brotherhood's castle fall into her hands. Jon agrees and says if she's coming, they'll find a way to take her down. They've endured too much for the last 900 years and they'll endure her too. "The goddess said that if the citadel falls, the universe does with it." Sinister says the goddess is right but that he may have a little additional information that Jon will be interested in. Sinister says to trust him, that together they can save the universe.

We cut to Rasputin floating in space, recording a psychic log.

We all know who that is. So the big remaining players are Ironfire and the Brotherhood, Sinister/Moira, Emma and her empire, and Mother Righteous with possibly Rasputin. Can't wait for next week's SatB.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

They killed Cain AND stripped him on the Cyttorak gem, I’m feeling embarrassed for him
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

Wonder when Rasputin got her Red Diamond back.

While the plot of the issue wasn’t jaw dropping for me, I did enjoy spending time in this world. Even tho we got like 3 panels of her this is the best Moira’s been written since Inferno.

Only con is that not only has Gillen gotten me to thoroughly dislike Sinister (due to overexposure), but I’m also now thoroughly over Destiny. Like girl do you hear yourself?!? In a all these timelines you can’t find ANYBODY else? Also don’t you have a daughter that you should give a sh*t about?

Damn its bleak indeed. Like I was very uncomfortable with this issue. Its unnerving and vile, live that emmabecones a gem of cultural totally manes sense that is something she will seek to achieve especially if she wants to build an intergalactic empire. But yeah it really set the pieces nicely for Satb 3.
    Ororo Munroe is Twilight Sparkle in xmen red if that makes sense.

So its almost for sure that Rasputin will inform the council that Irene colluded with Sinister and offered to join him once everything is reset…curious to see how the council reacts to all of this, we already know Storm is going to be pissed…
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post
    So its almost for sure that Rasputin will inform the council that Irene colluded with Sinister and offered to join him once everything is reset…curious to see how the council reacts to all of this, we already know Storm is going to be pissed…
    God I hate irene... like at first it was annoying but understandable, but her seeing all this and still saying yup I'm going to join sinister. And top it all off she hasnt asked raven anything, already in this world it was obvious that raven doesnt believe in forever. Yet irene doesnt care because all this is for her to satisfy herself.

So will Rasputin be a mainstay in the real world? She seems like the ultimate weapon, especially with the Fall coming.
    "She never loved you, you know you always frightened her"- Cyclops
    "And if she was here right now....Who do you think she would be more frightened of?"- Wolverine

Quote Originally Posted by IN-a-Synch View Post
    So will Rasputin be a mainstay in the real world? She seems like the ultimate weapon, especially with the Fall coming.
    Unless you yeet her into space.

Incredible Member

she comes off as a character who will be a mainstay for a few years, and then fade into the background popping up every now and again when ever a writer thinks "oh yea she was cool lets use her"

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Wonder when Rasputin got her Red Diamond back.

While the plot of the issue wasn’t jaw dropping for me, I did enjoy spending time in this world. Even tho we got like 3 panels of her this is the best Moira’s been written since Inferno.

Only con is that not only has Gillen gotten me to thoroughly dislike Sinister (due to overexposure), but I’m also now thoroughly over Destiny. Like girl do you hear yourself?!? In a all these timelines you can’t find ANYBODY else? Also don’t you have a daughter that you should give a sh*t about?
    Big same. Destiny really had me rolling my eyes while listening to her BS again. Like really? You're ready to reset this mess so you can join forces with Sinister to keep baby girl blue with you despite the inevitably that she will always die? Over it.

Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post
    Ah good point. I hope Rasputin spills that tea and I hope Storm is about create a mini hurricane in Destiny's head in that preview.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Fantastic Member

At this point I think even Mystique should be disgusted by Irene and how far she is ready to go. It is no longer love.

Hellion needs another love interest
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Quote Originally Posted by Harasar View Post
    At this point I think even Mystique should be disgusted by Irene and how far she is ready to go. It is no longer love.
    This would be an interesting plot point, have Mystique break up with Destiny lmao

Astonishing Member Cyclone_Ablaze's Avatar

I KNEW Sinister couldn't be trusted. People talking about he turned over a New Leaf in the last issue. LOL NO did we forget who this Man is??

Anyway, good to See Rasputin is coming for that Ass. And DAMN EMMA!! Became Cytorrak himself giving people the Power of Juggernaut. PHEW that's some Badass Boss Moves.
    #StormNeverDied
    #BindingLightOFAyesha!!!
    #AsgardianStorm
    #AlEwingbestStormWriter

In Ororo's Name....Let the Wormhole Open!!
    Ororo Munro: Regent of Arakko, Holder of the Seat of Loss, Omega Level Mutant, Goddess of Balance.

I thought RUBY SUMMERS when I first saw her in red.

What a missed opportunity to bring her back to 616