Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
Seems to me the youngest generation is always going to play a role in defining the age of the DCU. As will biological children.

The adult Titans are absolutely a major keystone; their careers from sidekick to "now" forces a timeline that's at least a decade long. Damian and Jon extend that another five-ish years. I figure, the bare minimum timeline for DC right now is fifteen years, and that's honestly compressed a little more than I'd like.

Damian is the biggest factor, in my opinion. We know Bruce didn't meet Talia until Dick was Robin, so we're looking at Year 2 or 3 at a minimum, and Damian's one of the only characters with an established age (14). So without any dumb retcons like "Bruce meet Talia when he 17 and training" or "Damian was fast-grown like a Star Wars clone" the Leaguers have been active for at least sixteen years. Bare minimum.

Jon complicates things a bit because he wasn't born until after Doomsday, and that doesn't happen until Clark is well into his career and about to get married. But when, exactly, Doomsday happens in the timeline is vague (is it year 4? year 6?) and Jon was a retcon in the first place, further complicated by too much time travel nonsense. So you got some wiggle room with him, but he also provides a problem because he's forcing a decade to have passed since Death/Reign/Return. And that obviously directly impacts guys like Tim and Conner, who showed up around that era.
Yeah, Conner should be the equivalent of mid-late 20s now.

Which also means this makes sense:

the main gripe people had was that Cassie looked too "mature".... well that's only true if you think she's 16... if she's 26.... nah. This is perfectly fine for a demi-goddess who's in her 20s.