Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BohemiaDrinker View Post
    The only things I remember being given on page with hard numbers are:

- During COIE, Earth 2 Robin mentions the only Dick Grayson he could find on New Earth was 19 years old.
    - During Marv Wolfman's OYL Nightwing run, Dick mentions he's 26.
    - The first issue of Wally's Flash run takes place in his 20th birthday. Donna implies that she is already 20 as well ("Welcome to the club, you're no longer a teen" or something like that).
    - During Batman Rip, Bruce is stated to be over 35.

If we compress stuff as much as possible and add the one year Dick spent as Batman, that would put the fab five at 27 at the end of post Crisis, the Silver Agers at around 35 and the post Crisis timeline at around 15 years. Some characters like Ollie or Hal Jordan don't fit here, though, as both have stated to be in the supers line of businesses for over 20 years.
    Don't remember Bruce being explicitly stated to be over 35 during Batman RIP. Though logically he would have been in his late 30's at least due to Damian.

Extraordinary Member

Here is document that gives you a pretty complete run down of the ages a mast Batfamily characters in different comics.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fak7hc2amu...0Ages.pdf?dl=0

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bat39 View Post
    Yeah, there's been a weird tendency to age up anything to do with the Green Arrow mythos. Oliver was aged up to his 40's before his death (he was resurrected in a younger body, but chronologically he's meant to be middle-aged). Connor Hawke was in his early 20's and he was born just after Oliver returned from the island, so that means Oliver had been Green Arrow for a long time before Flashpoint.

That's kinda the crux of the issue. They wanted the sidekicks and kids to get older, while at the same time not aging up the core heroes from the original Justice League.

I dunno if Batman's first encounter with Ra's was ever officially retconned to be earlier in Dick's time as Robin, or if that was just speculation. I have no clue how Damian's birth was supposed to work, chronologically, in the New 52!
    It was retcon officially in a Nightwing timeline in the 90s, during his early Bludhaven years, before No Man's Land. It's implied they now met when he's in middle school.
    However, not long after that, DC published a new timeline, in the 2000s, but this one doesn't make any sense. This one said he was Robin only for 3 years, implying he either became Robin at 16 or became Nightwing or 16
    The next official retcon is New 52. It was unclear how old Talia was, but she looks like an adult while Dick and Jason (who this time were only 3 years apart) still clearly look like teenagers. They didn't make clear when they met, since they only have 5 years time frame that everyone think don't make sense. About Damian, they just handwave it by aging up artificially. Damian's on screen birthday only happened 5 times in his backstory, implying his conception happened right after he became Batman.
    In Rebirth, Talia was already an adult while Silencer, who's a young mother in the present day, was a child. She also said she's been dipped in the Pit over and over, so the implication is she's much older than any of her previous incarnations.
    Anyway, writers and artists will ignore official timeline, unless it's a timeline they make themselves, for what they feel fits.

The only things I remember being given on page with hard numbers are:

- During COIE, Earth 2 Robin mentions the only Dick Grayson he could find on New Earth was 19 years old.
    - During Marv Wolfman's OYL Nightwing run, Dick mentions he's 26.
    - The first issue of Wally's Flash run takes place in his 20th birthday. Donna implies that she is already 20 as well ("Welcome to the club, you're no longer a teen" or something like that).
    - During Batman Rip, Bruce is stated to be over 35.

If we compress stuff as much as possible and add the one year Dick spent as Batman, that would put the fab five at 27 at the end of post Crisis, the Silver Agers at around 35 and the post Crisis timeline at around 15 years. Some characters like Ollie or Hal Jordan don't fit here, though, as both have stated to be in the supers line of businesses for over 20 years.
    I didn't know about OYL one. Let's see if it fits. I've done this timeline many times, and a lot of time it does fit so here goes

Batman Year One - January - Bruce 25
    The Long Halloween - 26
    Long Halloween + Dark Victory - 27
    Dark Victory + The Gauntlet - Bruce 28 - Dick 12 - Tim 3
    Robin Year One - 29 - 13 - 4
    Teen Titans Year One - 30 - 14 - 5
    Hudson University - 34 - 18 - 9
    NTT COIE - Bruce 35 Dick 19 Jason 12 Tim 10
    NTT Lian - 36 20 13 11
    A Death in The Family + A Lonely Place of Dying - Bruce 38 Dick 22 Jason 15 Tim 13
    Knightfall + Death and Return of Superman + Young Justice - Bruce 39 Dick 23 Jason 16 Steph 15 Tim 14
    No Man's Land - Bruce 40 Dick 24 Cass Jason 17 Steph 16 Tim 15
    Hush + Under The Red Hood + Infinite Crisis - 41 25 18 17 16
    One Year Later + Morrison - Bruce 42 Dick 26 Cass Jason 19 Steph 18 Tim 17 Damian 10

Oh yeah that actually fits

(Also I changed my first page timeline post, Clark was 35 not 28 in Brainiac. He was 28 in the 70s)
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 04-10-2023 at 11:20 AM.

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Don't remember Bruce being explicitly stated to be over 35 during Batman RIP. Though logically he would have been in his late 30's at least due to Damian.
    I can't recall the specific issue, but it was said to him by Jezebel Jet in the cave.

Edit: Friend of mine looked at the TPB and said it says "30", not "35". So either I misread it the first time or they changed it for the TPB.
    Last edited by BohemiaDrinker; 04-10-2023 at 11:27 AM.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Incredible Member

I'm compiling this information, but it seems like Connor Hawke's age is key. Does anyone have any references to Connor's age in the comics?

Connor Hawke, his son, was apparently born shortly after he returned from the island, and he was in his late teens at the time when Oliver was killed of
    My research so far is showing that Ollie was not the Green Arrow when Connor was born.
    Last edited by Slimybug; 04-12-2023 at 09:37 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Slimybug View Post
    I'm compiling this information, but it seems like Connor Hawke's age is key. Does anyone have any references to Connor's age in the comics?
    You could have a look here, the overall timeline on that site has a lot of problems imo, but they reference a lot of comics in it.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Slimybug View Post

My research so far is showing that Ollie was not the Green Arrow when Connor was born.
    Might not have been the original intent (I think Sandra Hawke was originally Oliver's college fling?). But during Judd Winick's run, they retconned it such that Connor was born after Oliver returned from the island.

Green Arrow/Black Canary # 5, IIRC, is where they delve into Oliver's history a bit and reveal this.

Connor was meant to be maybe around 19 when Oliver died. This was in a story published in the 90's, some time after the likes of Death of Superman and Knightfall. Oliver was resurrected maybe 2-3 years later in-universe, and Winick's run began shortly after that (with OYL in the middle too). I'd argue that in the years before Flashpoint, Connor was in his early 20's, while Oliver was at least in his mid-40's (albeit a decade younger physically due to his resurrection de-ageing him). Probably in his late 40's if you consider him turning 40 in The Longbow Hunters. Of course, this would also mean that Oliver had been Green Arrow for over 20 years before Flashpoint, but let's face it, Bruce had probably been Batman for close to 20 years as well (especially if you consider the Black Mirror storyline with an adult James Jr.)

Roughly, this is how the GA chronology worked before Flashpoint:

c. 48 years ago

Oliver Queen is born.

c. 24 years ago

Oliver has an affair with Sandra Hawke. Shortly after this, he's stranded on an island.

c. 23 years ago

Oliver returns from the island and meets his newborn illegitimate son Connor. He begins his crusade as Green Arrow shortly after this.

c. 15 years ago

Green Arrow joins the Justice League. Shortly after this, he takes in Roy Harper who becomes Speedy and helps found the Teen Titans.

c. 12 years ago

Oliver begins his romance with Dinah Laurel Lance/Black Canary. He goes on his "Hard Traveling Heroes" tour with Hal Jordan. Roy becomes a drug-addict and then begins the process of recovery.

c. 8 years ago

Oliver turns 40. He and Dinah move to Seattle and set up Sherwood florist.

4 years ago

Oliver dies. Connor Hawke becomes the new Green Arrow.

c. 2 years ago

Oliver is resurrected and becomes the Green Arrow again. Mia Dearden becomes Speedy.

c. 1 year ago

Oliver becomes Mayor of Star City.

Yeah, some things have to be massaged here and there, but by and large I think this works. The only assumption here is that Oliver spent years solo before Roy came along (the other alternative is that Oliver spent years after returning from the island actually training to become a vigilante before putting on the mask).

Incredible Member

I wonder what people think the current ages of the Titans are? And in this new comic, what year should it be set in?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas 35 View Post
    I wonder what people think the current ages of the Titans are? And in this new comic, what year should it be set in?

Logically, I think they should be in their late 20's, or past 30 right now. And Tim's generation should be in their early-to-mid 20's.

As far as the year for this new comic goes, I think that kinda speculation is pretty pointless with a sliding timescale in play. I suppose, on a symbolic level, it'd be set in the 60's or 70's, so maybe it can just vaguely be set in some weird retro-hybrid of the 60's/70's and the 2000's. (I always loved the timeless retro nature of Burton's Batman, BTAS and a lot of other Batman media).

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

This is all from post Infinite Frontier flashbacks:

Dick first met Babs when they're high school junior
    He's already Robin since he's a child and working with Superman
    After she became Batgirl, don't know when, he's still wearing his pants less outfit
    He attracted the attention of Supergirl and they went on a date which ends disastrously
    He started wearing pants and work with Supergirl against The Devil Nezha
    After Nezha is sealed, he met with an alien kid and introduced him to Teen Titans
    As high school senior he went to prom with Babs
    Later he was fired from Robin and left the Manor
    After Jason become Robin he refused to go home for Christmas unless Bruce invited him and stay at the Titans tower with NTT

That's your time frame
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 04-13-2023 at 09:18 PM.

BANNED

I can't recall the specific issue, but it was said to him by Jezebel Jet in the cave.

Edit: Friend of mine looked at the TPB and said it says "30", not "35". So either I misread it the first time or they changed it for the TPB.
    I feel like I remember GM stating that Bruce became Batman at like 20 in their version as a way of keeping him young enough in the present day while keeping everything in a timeline of a decade or so. But I read that at the time it was coming out, so I have no idea how accurate that is or where i read that.

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Quote Originally Posted by Refrax5 View Post
    I feel like I remember GM stating that Bruce became Batman at like 20 in their version as a way of keeping him young enough in the present day while keeping everything in a timeline of a decade or so. But I read that at the time it was coming out, so I have no idea how accurate that is or where i read that.
    Wasn't that in the infamous "who changes the batmobile tires interview"?
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Extraordinary Member

Logically, I think they should be in their late 20's, or past 30 right now. And Tim's generation should be in their early-to-mid 20's.
    If we go with the pre flashpoint ages, and go with Damian being now 14, the Titians would Tim's Gen would be 21 and based on that Dick's Gen should imo be arround 29.

If we go with "Shoes is Lian Haper" the Titans would need to be in their mid 30, since she was born when they were arround 20.

The Titans should be in their twenties.

No idea when this is set. Don't really care. 70's maybe since Karen's a member.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    No idea when this is set. Don't really care. 70's maybe since Karen's a member.
    In the original comics from that tie the Titans were 18 and Dick was in attending Hudson University.