Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Can we give Gambit and Rogue back to Tini Howard? Even with her at-times questionable portrayals, she communicated that these two have positive opinions of and effects on one another.

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Its crazy that this is that bad. I thought she was good from all the praise she got on her DC titles.
    I think you’re thinking of Stephanie Williams. She’s also supposed to be joining the X-Office soon, but as of now has only put out the Snikt Family Unlimited series.

Quote Originally Posted by NicoPony View Post
    A legitimate reason for Gambit acting OOC might’ve been some confusion or feelings of loss of identity incurred during his death in Otherworld. Like if you’d witnessed every other version of yourself, and none of them were heroic, you might question yourself.

Or you can just be sulky sad and jealous of your wife’s success. Yeah let’s do that instead, it’s easier.

I like the Mystique switcheroo suggestion. Gambit went to use the can and Mystique locked him in the bathroom. He actually blew up in the bar and will wake up on Krakoa like, wtf?
    Wait that is so smart yet so simple. For how long it seemed like we were building to Gambit’s death it really did not have much impact.

omgoodness i was so concerned for the FoX title.

That ending would’ve worked if the bar was full of mutantphobic rednecks. Weird how the comic went out of its way to establish how friendly and trustworthy all those people were, just to have Remy screw them over. My biggest issue was how short this felt. The actual mission just isn’t engaging. The only fun moment was the implication that Rogue and Gambit had sex in the middle of the desert. Like eeeek, watch out for scorpions. Must’ve been hot (I mean literally hot, the sun would be scorching out there!).

I was actually astonished while reading that page where gambit does that to the barkeep. This was not just bad, this was offensive. Gambit may walk a "grey" line of heroism but he would never do something like this. Truly trash

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealWashout View Post
    I honestly thought Gambit was Mystique at the tie the lady up point of this. It was so weird. I feel like the editors are just as much to blame for how messy this is(especially with the whole Juggernaut aspect of this book that wasn't mentioned this issue).
    I think Gambit is not Gambit, but Mystique.

She tried to ruin their relationship before, as Foxx. Now she with her wife work together, is what I think.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

... who is this book for?

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post

She tried to ruin their relationship before, as Foxx. Now she with her wife work together, is what I think.
    So Mystique slept with Rogue in the desert, or did the switch come later?
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Quote Originally Posted by Malachi View Post
    Then the impossible happens. The most egregious thing I have read in a long time. Remy decides they need to escape and he creates a diversion. He ties the barkeep, the female barkeep, to a stove and start the gas and lights a match. She yells for help and they escape with Remy rambling on that BP will surely save her.
    Yo WTF?
    I love me some morally dubious characters but damn that's basically straight up psychopath behavior.
    "This is me being reasonable"

Astonishing Member

……

Quote Originally Posted by Foon4000 View Post
    …ain’t that the question? It’s not for the fans, though all the pretty covers made us think so. I can’t imagine ‘haters’ wanting to pick up in the first place, again probably because of all pretty covers. It seem just an elaborate, and probably somewhat expensive fanwank for Duggan and any other editorial types. The only possibility I can think of is they thought some of the more casual fans might pick it and think to themselves, ‘Gee, I kinda like rogue and gambit, maybe I’ll try this. Oh my, I thought I liked them, but they are terrible together and gambit a total loser, psycho! I have seen the light! Rogue should totally dump gambit and bang Dugga— I mean Deadpool! I am oh so glad I have been enlightened!’

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post

Except they kissed and had sex in the desert. I know Mystique is a villain but that's just nasty.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

But Game of Thrones and House of the Dragon made incest cool and dramatic, so Marvel has to follow the trend.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    But Game of Thrones and House of the Dragon made incest cool and dramatic, so Marvel has to follow the trend.
    They already had the Fenris twins for that.

So wait, how did Destiny message Mystique if she's blind? I know there's tech-based assistance for blind people, but this lady never picked up a smartphone in her life.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Quote Originally Posted by Foon4000 View Post
    This is the right question.

I honestly don't get the angle this book is taking and why anyone would think THIS is what fans of Rogue, Gambit or both characters would want.

They are both coming off as complete a$$h@les.

Rogue is a cold, mean, emotionally abusive bossy workaholic with no empathy or sense of fun.

Gambit is a hapless, charmless incompetent drunk with no regard for the safety of innocent lives.

This writer gives us nothing playful or cute between them, only biting.

Where is any of the banter or flirting or charm? Where is the sense of fun?

Then suddenly we go from completely cold to completely hot ... and we basically skip the hot part? WHY?!?

She gives us one tiny awkward moment of connection, only to go right into the stupid hero misunderstanding fight eith BP that frankly we are all VERY sick of. It's a tired trope. Please stop.

But Gambit putting an innocent woman in harms way was so badly out of character, it's just plain character assasination at this point. And honestly, Rogue goes with it so she's not off the hook.

This is a story that needed a chisel and they came at it with an axe. There is no nuance.

I really don't get when writers take the "make everyone terrible" angle as if that's what would bring any fan of these characters joy.

Even if you compare this to the short piece from X-Men Duggan wrote, that Rogue and Gambit were in synch and charming and fun.

I blame editorial as much or maybe even more than the writer. Likewise I heard nothing but praise from DC fans.

And this isn't even slightly juvenile but charming fun in the way X-Terminators was or a classic loveable losers type take.

I just don't know who the hell the audience is supposed to be here.

At this point I'm past mad. I'm just disappointed. Especially after the abysmal last few years for them.

Kelly Thompson or Leah Williams both could have taken this mini and hit it out of the park.

Also ... THREE "mon cheri" usages?! Just no.

I fully expect this will magically turn around by issue #4 and "we'll all learn something", but I'm so beyond annoyed with Marvel right now.