Page 90 of 90 FirstFirst ... 40808687888990
Results 1,336 to 1,345 of 1345

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    This is from an account with more than a million subscribers. Watch until the end.

That's friggin' hilarious!

Well, based on previews, this thread remains as topical as ever.

I’m in dire need of new blood on this book. Even my excuses, tolerance, and defense of the creative team is basically empty.

Quote Originally Posted by Garlador View Post
    Well, based on previews, this thread remains as topical as ever.

I’m in dire need of new blood on this book. Even my excuses, tolerance, and defense of the creative team is basically empty.
    new blood isnt a guarantee it will get better
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    Not with that attitude it won’t!

/j

Of course, but that’s a risk I’m sure many are willing to take.

I’ve shared here many times before I much prefer it when writers can turn things around and get a redemptive shot at fixing things. I give most writers a lot of benefit of the doubt. I’ve been there, writing intensely to meet deadlines, hoping what I’m putting out is good, getting feedback, and growing from that. Nobody has a perfect batting average.

But insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. I’m willing to see what new concepts new blood can bring to the malaise we’ve been stuck with. My optimism that we’ll get improvements at this stage with this team is as low as it’s ever been.

But the same blood IS a guarantee that it will stay just as horrible.

The only *possibility* of things getting better is for a different editorial direction and new talent.

Quote Originally Posted by Astroman View Post

The only *possibility* of things getting better is for a different editorial direction and new talent.
    It's like an abusive relationship. You shouldn't stay with someone who makes you miserable because there's a risk the next person could be worse. You raise your standards and find someone who will make you happy and treat you well. Sticking with a toxic relationship just because it's "safe" isn't how anyone should live their lives.

Quote Originally Posted by Garlador View Post
    It's like an abusive relationship. You shouldn't stay with someone who makes you miserable because there's a risk the next person could be worse. You raise your standards and find someone who will make you happy and treat you well. Sticking with a toxic relationship just because it's "safe" isn't how anyone should live their lives.
    "Nuke them from orbit. It's the only way to be sure." which translates to, "i don't read this crap any more. Better to go to stuff that I enjoy. Uh... buh bye."

Each new preview causes me to care less and less. These are just fictional characters owned by a mega corp. Maybe I should only spend energy and time on other things.

"Nuke them from orbit. It's the only way to be sure." which translates to, "i don't read this crap any more. Better to go to stuff that I enjoy. Uh... buh bye."

Each new preview causes me to care less and less. These are just fictional characters owned by a mega corp. Maybe I should only spend energy and time on other things.
    No "maybe" about it. Life advice here is don't spend money on something that makes you miserable, angry, and upset. There is plenty of phenomenal stuff out there - even Spider-Man content - that's far more deserving of your time and attention. Plenty of other books thriving right now.

There will be a time when the book is back on track. Come back then.

I'll continue advocating for better, but I won't let this consume my life or affect my mental wellbeing. I'm disappointed and upset, yeah, but I channel that into something productive and positive. I prefer to celebrate the things that I love rather than be consumed by the things I detest.

Spectacular Member

More so than any other writing team in the industry. Spider Editorial seems intent on sending the message: "If you don't like the current direction of the book. We need to be fired."

Like I'm all for being patient and giving space for people to improve. But this is kind of an ideological thing about what Spider-Man represents. A certain amount of happiness for the character is anathema to what the character is supposed to be according to the people in editorial. So you get these "cycles" in storytelling that must exist for the sake of it. And every time they do it, it doesn't really read like any effort was put into justifying why things have gotten worse for Peter. It's like "oh a magician snapped his fingers and now Peter doesn't have a girlfriend. But that's life sometimes"