Page 25 of 90 FirstFirst ... 152122232425262728293575 ... LastLast

You want a Spider-throuple? I’ll give you a Spider-throuple..

Ben / Janine / Paul
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Garlador View Post
    I've seen enough.

Lowe asked we see it in context on the 31st before he addresses the book.

I gave them that benefit. I'm done.

I'll be mailing my thoughts to Marvel offices tomorrow with a roundup of over two dozen editorials pointing out the flaws, character assassination, misogyny, racism, and unhappiness felt by so many. I don't expect they'll listen, but even major news publications have been dragging them for this, and WHATEVER Wells and Lowe wanted to write, I bet even they didn't want "Spider-Man comic accused of sexistm and bigotry" to be the headlines covering their run.

I can excuse a lot of bad stories. I HAVE excused bad stories with the benefit of the doubt and giving writers time to grow and improve. I see no improvement here; only substantially worse decisions, to the point that I truly feel it needs to be called out. That takes a LOT to get me to that point.

For some reason I think they do care about letters. Send away!

Like, Kamala's death isn't even part of the plan. They have no plan, she just gets surprised and it turns out dying was the key to killing him. Be
    cause....reasons.
    Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post

Ben / Janine / Paul
    Man don't do Ben dirty like that he's already getting crapped on enough.

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    I'm sorry, but I weigh the fact that they were never together in the classic formative Lee runs with Ditko and Romita over time and whatnot.
    Cherry picking is a logical fallacy. The franchise is more than its initial run. The intents of the original creators are significant for the historical context and how the franchise evolved over time, but it's only the starting point, since others have added to the mythos over the decades, shaping the characters and their world into what they are now across the various mediums.

(If you want an example of how the original may not be the defining version, consider Batman's Mr. Freeze. Literally the only thing left of him is the concept of a supervillain who needs to wear a sub-zero containment suit and uses an ice weapon as his personal arm; his supervillain name was invented for the Adam West TV show and his backstory and characterization were invented from whole cloth for the '90s cartoon.)

And the fact that Stan intended to have Peter and Gwen be THE couple in Spider-Man comics until Conway threw a wrench in it. Never mind the fact that he accepted her with Peter later on and said stuff like Garlador said. He never changed his mind on his thoughts about death of Gwen Stacy.
    Stan Lee changed his story all the time, esp. in relation to how involved he was or was not in the decision to kill off Gwen Stacy (esp. since he started telling the story that he was against it only after he began getting backlash from angry readers). Even if he hadn't, he had passed the series onto other people to continue, so his intents are not relevant in terms of what the series became after he stepped down.

(Also worth noting, a reason that Gwen was killed off was because her relationship with Peter was getting too serious and they didn't want him tied down. Sound familiar?)

And you can't use the MCU to defend the pairing. As if you describe that character in all but initials and last name, physically and in terms of personality, there isn't even a slight resemblance. So, that's not the dunk you think it is.[/quote]

"Moving the goalposts" is a logic fallacy. While one may or may not like creative liberties taken with adapting characters to movies or other medium, MCU MJ is a variant of Mary Jane Watson, intended to be taken as such, so counts for the purposes of the original argument (claiming that MJ has not been used as Peter's love interest in film since OMD was published). So, yes, it's exactly the dunk I know it is.

And you can't use plans that fell through if I can't use the fact that Gwen would still be his default love interest if she were never killed off and Stan Lee's plans were continued.
    Apples and oranges; I was citing projects that were canceled, not series that continued under new writers. Also, irregardless of whatever Stan Lee originally intended, the point was to show the prevalence of the Peter/MJ romance in adaptation in the modern era, including the fact that it was slated for more projects than the ones that were completed and that it has remained a key element in the franchise despite the OMD retcon in the comics.

As stated before, so far as the Spider-Man franchise is concerned, Mary Jane Watson is the primary love interest, has remained so in spite of attempts to change that in the source material, and is highly unlikely to be replaced as the primary love interest anytime soon. If you cannot offer a rebuttal beyond "materials that don't support my position should be ignored," I'm taking that as answer that you don't have an argument to support your position.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by Xenon View Post
    For some reason I think they do care about letters. Send away!.
    Today would be a very good day to email the Marvel offices with your thoughts.

Spideyoffice@marvel.com

Marvel@marvel.com

Include “okay to print”.

Be polite, but honest.

Mighty Member

Spideyoffice@marvel.com

Marvel@marvel.com

Include “okay to print”.

Be polite, but honest.
    You're right, I sent one just now.

A bottle of water in the ocean maybe, but hey, I can at least say I told them.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by duke togo View Post
    I would say most fans probably prefer better being married, and not only that with a kid. I think Peter balancing Spider-Man, marriage, work, and a child has a lot of potential. Either way, we should be WAY beyond the point we are at now and it should have been a father over a decade ago.
    I say Spidey marriage and kids dont matter, as liny its about Peter being a Suoerhero ajd doing Superhero things as the point of the focus. Spiderman can do that without having a wife snd child.

Spideyoffice@marvel.com

Marvel@marvel.com

Include “okay to print”.

Be polite, but honest.
    Marvel@marvel.com bounces back with an "Address not found" error.

Quote Originally Posted by Astroman View Post
    Marvel@marvel.com bounces back with an "Address not found" error.
    Hmm. At least the Spidey Office still works.

Hmm. At least the Spidey Office still works.
    Yeah, that one went through fine.

The Wiki page for Kamala now has a substantial, and not sympathetic, section on her death:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kamala_Khan

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post

Ben / Janine / Paul
    No, no.

Everyone knows the correct answer is Ben/Janine/Maxine Danger. Every good throuple needs a top, bottom and switch.

Any Spider-thtouple with Ben should be between him, Janine and Desiree Winthrop.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hoodj View Post
    I say Spidey marriage and kids dont matter, as liny its about Peter being a Suoerhero ajd doing Superhero things as the point of the focus. Spiderman can do that without having a wife snd child.
    Spider-Man doesn't have to be married, but this one got married and that's a part of his story. He also gains nothing from not being married anymore. And Spider-Man was always about both Spider-Man superheroics and the life of Peter Parker. That's part of what made it special.

Quote Originally Posted by Astroman View Post
    Yeah, that one went through fine.
    That's where I sent mine, they're the culprits. I was specific that it was about Peter being lame, the plots being bad, and MJ being character assinnated, so I don't get thrown in the "mad about Ms. Marvel pile", lol

Instead i'll be thrown in the old men mad about OMD still pile, haha.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spidey_Legend View Post
    Any Spider-thtouple with Ben should be between him, Janine and Desiree Winthrop.
    i rmember liking the Brunette more. Honestly I read all of the Ben Reilly spider-man issues and I don't remember Janine at all. I guess maybe I didn't read Lost years? That might be it.

Quote Originally Posted by Xenon View Post
    Spider-Man doesn't have to be married, but this one got married and that's a part of his story. He also gains nothing from not being married anymore. And Spider-Man was always about both Spider-Man superheroics and the life of Peter Parker. That's part of what made it special.
    "With great power comes great responsibility."

being a responsible adult... that's a great way to describe fatherhood too.