Page 4 of 90 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Changed my mind based on that other thread, looks like you were right Vortex, at least some people at Marvel DO care about all the people on Twitter dunking on them and praising Mayday appearing in ATSV

Is that enough to push them to undo OMD? I still don’t think so but it does seem to have rattled them. I expect them to rationalize it away like so however:

Let's add some music to that picture, shall we?

Last edited by CaptainUniverse; 04-07-2023 at 09:18 AM.
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

Take Me Higher The Negative Zone's Avatar
    Earth. (Unless I've been kidnapped by Skrulls)

You know I agree that Marvel not having anything with Mayday in it is bad right now, but Ben Reilly just existing in a movie with dozens of other spider people in it does not exactly feel like a slight against editorial.

Quote Originally Posted by The Negative Zone View Post
    You know I agree that Marvel not having anything with Mayday in it is bad right now, but Ben Reilly just existing in a movie with dozens of other spider people in it does not exactly feel like a slight against editorial.
    I think that was specific to one comment Nick Lowe made in the letters page that Ben has no place in the current Spider-Man landscape. That may be true for now, maybe it will change in the future. But the posts are lumping 2 things together.

1) the complaint that Marvel won't let Peter be married or have a child
    2) the recent complaint about Ben being kicked out of the books

Also, no the movie featuring these 2 things is not a slight against editorial at all, the point here is the number of who are liking and commenting on this topic in favor of the marriage and also showing support for Ben is huge.
    Last edited by Vortex85; 04-07-2023 at 09:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Coop View Post
    I don't think that heavy hitters weigh in on Peter being married or not. I think Akira has the discretion to do such a thing on the comics side. I would imagine more people have to weigh in on adding a new ride to Disneyland then would have to weigh in on having Spider-Man get married. I don't have the sales numbers but what At most of their 200,000 people reading Amazing Spider-Man every month? That's not even $12m a year If Disney made the whole price of the comic. The company is almost doing 100 billion in revenue. The decision to marry Spider-Man will at most result in a couple hundred thousand dollars up or down.

I don't think that Feige has to approve it. I don't think that Bob Iger gets an email. I don't think it comes up on the shareholders calls. I really don't think it's a big deal to the greater world that Spider-Man would be married. Most people who knew he was married assume he still is because well the idea that he sold his marriage to Satan is pretty effing stupid so it probably doesn't occur to the non-comics reader. And the people who never knew he was married don't know.

I think at most the marketing department would get informed so they could issue a press release that would at least give sales a temporary boost because of speculation.
    Is Akira who I think he is?

There are going to be plenty of people involved in the decision- one way to think about that question is that there were several people who were able to remove Axel Alonso. There has been a recent restructuring, so it will be a different group of people now, but these are also major decisionmakers.
    Last edited by Mister Mets; 04-07-2023 at 11:24 AM.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    Is Akira who I think he is?

There are going to be plenty of people involved in the decision- one way to think about that question is that there were several people who were able to remove Axel Alonso. There has been a recent restructuring, so it will be a different group of people now, but these are also major decisionmakers.
    I believe "Akira" is CB Cebulski, he was the one who stated that there is currently no "mandate" against Peter being married, it's just a preference by editors at Marvel. He even went on to say if someone came up with great stories out of Peter being married, it could be done by a writer in the future. I saw the transcript of this conversation from c2e2 2023 and thought it was a an Apirl fool's joke because it contradicts previous information we have had on the subject. However, I went to the website with the full Q&A from the panel and this was actually part of it. Maybe CB is not being completely honest to take heat off of them and give people a sort of false hope, or perhaps something has changed, or maybe the idea of a mandate was a little bit of misinformation that was believed. Who knows? But it is an interesting information coming from Editor In Chief.

Last edited by Vortex85; 04-07-2023 at 01:08 PM.

I found the video, more was said than transcribed above but it's definitely the same message and CB looks in the hot seat, LOL!

While that might be a true answer, it's also an incredibly safe PR answer.

Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Astroman View Post
    While that might be a true answer, it's also an incredibly safe PR answer.
    It would be but since he said what he said in Aug he's def. in the hotseat or something similar

Man, Zeb Wells got REALLY TALL in his seat looking at CB Cebulski when the question was asked! ROFL!

Also, gotta love CB Cebulski pointing over at Zeb Wells saying "maybe ZEB will have a great story idea for them to be married in a few years", LOL, like "gee thanks, I didn't know I could and now fans are going to put it on me". HAHAHA

Last edited by Vortex85; 04-07-2023 at 02:13 PM.

Astonishing Member

Yeah, Wells definitely got thrown under the bus there.

Article on looper acknowledges some of the news related to this thread referencing some twitter posts and the fan response:

https://www.looper.com/1248155/spide...d-baby-mayday/

Last edited by Vortex85; 04-09-2023 at 09:46 AM.

Astonishing Member

Cringeeeee

Quote Originally Posted by D.Z View Post
    Cringeeeee
    Ratio

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vortex85 View Post
    Ratio

Bots and alts and people from India. Still not very large numbers.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by D.Z View Post
    Bots and alts and people from India. Still not very large numbers.
    Like Indian bots (why India? Got something against them?) would care about influencing a meaningless online poll about a comic character's marriage.

Your reply was, in your own words, "Cringeeeee"