Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by witchboy View Post
    …I also loved how post Crisis revitalized and modernized it. Clark was more well rounded, his relationship with Lois was more human with Lois being a stronger more complicated character, and the Kents being alive added new possibilities with one hero who wasn't an orphan.
    ^^^Agree on counts. Esp. the Kents being alive.

Quote Originally Posted by witchboy View Post
    Peter David's Supergirl run had a really strong and complicated civilian life for Linda Danvers that I really miss.
    ^^^Great choice!

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Silver Age Barry Allen was one of us...a comics geek.

toxgea5v3ox81.jpg

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

^^^Awesome! Thanks for the reminder!!

Triangle years Superman team had so much love for the character and it leapt off the pages. The world of the Planet and Metropolis was so alive.

Willim Messner-Loebs did a great job with the civilian interactions on Flash, Dr Fate and WW.

I really enjoyed seeing Diana's interactions with the world around her during all of the pre-Collapse runs.

PAD imbued Aquaman and Supergirl with a bustling and rich day to day rarely rivaled since.

Dan Jurgens provided great use of the Aquaman kit with exceptional use of his royal station and position as a military power on the global stage.

Quote Originally Posted by M L A View Post
    Kate Spencer version Manhunter had a charming supporting cast
    I loved the Manhunter title and the supporting characters and was really excited to hear we were getting a Manhunter mini-series by Marc Andreyko a couple years ago (tied to Leviathan)...and then incredibly disappointed when it was cancelled and never saw print.

I'm assuming that family can be included as supporting characters so Buddy Baker's family (wife Ellen and their two kids) during Morrison's Animal Man run probably tops my list.

Kate Spencer and the Manhunter series were genius. I still feel that Manhunter, Gotham Central Police Department, CHASE, and The Planet should have been anchor streaming series for the DC live action effort. But oh well

Astonishing Member

Bruce Wayne during the "Strange Apparitions" run of Steve Englehart and Marshall Rogers. Legendary, globally renowned costumed crime-fighter by night, multi-millionaire industrialist dating the gorgeous Silver St. Cloud by day. But really, the Bronze Age era for Batman in general. I think that's one of the few times we really get to see Bruce Wayne as a living breathing human being living and enjoying the good life while doing good in the world in both his identities. Yeah, there's the occasional angst and worries, but he's not suffering from a constant identity crisis, or trauma from his endless crusade, or any of the other psychological hallmarks of the Modern Batman.

Byrne's Clark Kent is another great example. He's mild-mannered, but he's not a wimp, and he's a successful reporter and future star of journalism. He's also a guy who can date the likes of Cat Grant, and Lois Lane (before she knew he was Superman).

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    Silver Age Barry Allen was one of us...a comics geek.

toxgea5v3ox81.jpg

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    ^^^Awesome! Thanks for the reminder!!

Barry drinking milk and reading Flash comics while decked out in Jay Garrick Flash gear has got to be one of the most relatable windows into superhero life

Quote Originally Posted by Tomkatie View Post
    Barry drinking milk and reading Flash comics while decked out in Jay Garrick Flash gear has got to be one of the most relatable windows into superhero life
    Not really directly relevant, but I was thinking of vintage ads (subreddit) and there was an older commercial for Manwich. In that commercial, the man eating the sandwich is drinking milk. So it makes me wonder when adults quit routinely drinking milk with meals. Or was it always just something done on tv?

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JLH View Post
    I loved the Manhunter title and the supporting characters and was really excited to hear we were getting a Manhunter mini-series by Marc Andreyko a couple years ago (tied to Leviathan)...and then incredibly disappointed when it was cancelled and never saw print.
    Yup. I was gutted! The Manhunter book was excellent and definitely needs to be re-visited.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Jack Knight's civilian adventures were just as interesting, if not moreso, than his life as Starman in the brilliant series by James Robinson, Tony Harris, and later Peter Snejbjerg.
    Author of the law review article "The Lawyer as Superhero: How Marvel Comics' Daredevil Depicts the American Court System and Legal Practice," Capital University Law Review, Vol. 47, No. 2 (2019).
    Download it for free at https://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers....act_id=3389544

Willim Messner-Loebs did a great job with the civilian interactions on Flash
    I definitely thought this run had some strong points.