Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Bailey is....

So Lazybones Slott reused a name instead of coming up with a new one for Spider-Boy? I've just requested that the wiki moves that page to make way for Spider-Boy (by adding (Ghost) to it).
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    So Lazybones Slott reused a name instead of coming up with a new one for Spider-Boy? I've just requested that the wiki moves that page to make way for Spider-Boy (by adding (Ghost) to it).
    Sounds about right, I think that ol Danny boy is going to tie Bailey into his She-hulk run somehow. The TVA had the gun which rectoned a person out of reality, Spider-Boy probably got hit by that.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by clonegeek View Post
    Sounds about right, I think that ol Danny boy is going to tie Bailey into his She-hulk run somehow. The TVA had the gun which rectoned a person out of reality, Spider-Boy probably got hit by that.
    Read these new Spidey books makes me wish I could stick that retcon cannon in my mouth and fire

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Coop View Post
    Read these new Spidey books makes me wish I could stick that retcon cannon in my mouth and fire
    Yeah, being a Spider-Man fan is like being in a one sided abusive relationship

So given Bailey’s young age and how he’s been Spider-Boy for at least 3 years, I can only imagine what the unchanged version of Civil War and things with Kamala’s Law were like for him.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    So given Bailey’s young age and how he’s been Spider-Boy for at least 3 years, I can only imagine what the unchanged version of Civil War and things with Kamala’s Law were like for him.
    He had friends at the school that Nitro blow up, huh not that bad an idea for a character. Kamala's Law passing and her dying from some dude a few months later got to be weird in universe

so when he started superheroing he was as young as dick grayson prior to his constant reboots. man thats young
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    How far back is 3 years ago in the comic universe ? Around Superior Spider-Man time maybe ?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ZuLuLu View Post
    How far back is 3 years ago in the comic universe ? Around Superior Spider-Man time maybe ?
    Further back

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by clonegeek View Post
    Further back
    Hmm...Brand New Day?
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

Quote Originally Posted by ZuLuLu View Post
    That sounds right to me since three years ago in-universe should be around when Kamala Khan debuted (16 on debut, +8 months for Secret Wars timeskip, +9 months for her sister-in-law's pregnancy, +9 months for her time at Oscorp). So yeah, comics published 10 years ago.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member

Bailey is...the perfect example of why editors need to say "no".
    All I wanted was to be unconditionally loved while never having to work on my flaws. Is that so much to ask?

BANNED

That sounds right to me since three years ago in-universe should be around when Kamala Khan debuted (16 on debut, +8 months for Secret Wars timeskip, +9 months for her sister-in-law's pregnancy, +9 months for her time at Oscorp). So yeah, comics published 10 years ago.
    Man Peter and MJ have lost a lot of time

Astonishing Member

I just thought about something.

Spider-Boy says it took him 3 years to make his reputation, which I suppose it means that's the time he has been spider. I read somewhere that, in the Marvel Universe, one years equals more or less 4 years in the real life. That would mean "Spider-Boy" should be a character 12 years old in the real world, born in 2011. 2011 is the year when "Spider-Island" happened, so... Could Bailey actually be one of the infected by the Spider-Virus that, somehow, managed to remain stable in his body?

Problem there is that different books are arbitrarily jumping around in time. Like with X-Men, the writers try to claim that it’s been about 3 years of Krakoa due to claiming the Hellfire Gala is a yearly event. Or F4 doing a time skip for how they got to where they are in this current run. Meanwhile these drastic time skip’s don’t occur for other books yet books take place at least within a similar time frame due to them linking up every so often. So I wouldn’t take a measure of time that one book gives as the Gospel truth of the passage of time.