Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Talking Scarlet Witch(2023) #4 Review

That Sole Act Does Not Define YOU!

I am Sorry for this Review being up so Late, but I could not escape celebrating the Again Magnificents of this Issue.

We are now in the throws of the 1st ceral story of the Solo Title and it is a Major one, having it both evolve around Darcy, her past and the foe both her and Wanda have to take on is brilliant storytelling with a flow, artistic and creative words that just made this a blast fun yet creative style of fighting pitching magic verse pure fighting.

But what is best is like many magic users, Wanda is espically underestimate for her fighting skills and both this and I am sure Issue #5 will show another layer to Wanda's increble depth of who she Really is and can be!

I just want to keep it short, lets enjoy and share, this is Truly a Top Tier book Thank You to Orlanda and Sara and the Team!!! =D

"By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

It’s one of the best issues to date. This run just keeps getting stronger and stronger. Orlando just gets Wanda, and his love for her, and her lore really shines through here.

My thoughts on this week’s issue.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Spectacular Member maximoffimpact's Avatar

Hey C.J!

No problem about the timing of your review. I know myself how life has its own schedule.

Scarlet Witch # 4 was indeed a great read! Matter of fact, I can't stop re-reading it, as I am anxious for issue # 5. The art, characterization of ALL the characters, plot writing, pace and action burned high on all cylinders! I've been strongly impressed with this series overall, and issue # 4 took it all to higher new level for me.

Wanda, I'm ALL IN!!!

Meet the Bacchae, Marvel’s Amazonian Warriors

I loved this issue. The previously established story threads like Darcy's past and the mystery element are coming now together and I enjoyed Scythia in this. She is not a malicious run of the mill villain. Rather she is bound by societal rules to avenge the death of a sister.

The fight was awesome and really a showcase of tons of different abilities that make Wanda into the powerhouse she is.
    "This is me being reasonable"

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Chef's kisses perfection from start to finish.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Looks good. I just recently re-subscribed to Marvel Unlimited because of the new Doctor Strange series, and added this title to my list of books to read.
    I figured Darkhold Alpha and Omega were preludes to her ongoing, so I read Alpha. Is it safe to assume that the other books (not written by Orlando) aren't necessary to read? I glanced at Blade's issue and it seemed like a pretty self-contained 'what if?' story.

I'm in the middle of Death of Doctor Strange, and after reading the Avengers and the Strange Academy issues, I decided to skip the other tie-ins and just read the main title.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    Looks good. I just recently re-subscribed to Marvel Unlimited because of the new Doctor Strange series, and added this title to my list of books to read.
    I figured Darkhold Alpha and Omega were preludes to her ongoing, so I read Alpha. Is it safe to assume that the other books (not written by Orlando) aren't necessary to read? I glanced at Blade's issue and it seemed like a pretty self-contained 'what if?' story.

I'm in the middle of Death of Doctor Strange, and after reading the Avengers and the Strange Academy issues, I decided to skip the other tie-ins and just read the main title.
    That's correct. Only Alpha and Omega are main story. The tie ins are standalone though I have heard some of them are good and disturbing like the Iron Man one. So if the interest is there you could check them out.

Quote Originally Posted by Galerion View Post
    That's correct. Only Alpha and Omega are main story. The tie ins are standalone though I have heard some of them are good and disturbing like the Iron Man one. So if the interest is there you could check them out.
    Thanks, Galerion!
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    It’s one of the best issues to date. This run just keeps getting stronger and stronger. Orlando just gets Wanda, and his love for her, and her lore really shines through here.

My thoughts on this week’s issue.
    I agree with this. Orlando is perfect for Wanda.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Managed to get my copy and this issue was great. The fight was well done, especially with Wanda trying to reason with Scythia rather than just unleashed a whole heap of magic on her. The main problem is still Darcy, she just isn't a great character with her backstory being cliched and who stinks of MCU Synergy

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    Managed to get my copy and this issue was great. The fight was well done, especially with Wanda trying to reason with Scythia rather than just unleashed a whole heap of magic on her. The main problem is still Darcy, she just isn't a great character with her backstory being cliched and who stinks of MCU Synergy
    Quite honestly I find that to be crazy talk. You gonna have to fight me if you want to touch my girl Darcy

Yeah I don't have a problem with it. It's part of them building a support cast for Wanda. There are far worse examples of synergy that take away from the comics versions of characters. This one adds to Wanda's cast.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.