Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Hey icicles. I haven't listened yet but Orlando is the guest on AIPT's latest podcast episode and among other things he talked about Astonishing Iceman:

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcas...=1000609143113

EDIT: It's a short piece and they start at 1:05:55. Orlando said he likes Iceman's power level under Duggan and the relatively grounded character under Grace, so kind of a balance of both is what he'll be aiming for. The grounding of a powerful character similar to what he's currently doing with Wanda. He said Bobby will of course still use the ice slide but that his powers will also be depicted in a different way, he used the term "frost powers." And finally he said we'll see at the beginning of the book that someone is with Bobby at his Antartica base.
    If he writes this book like he writes Scarlet Witch we're good. Just sad it's a short run.

The superfight of Iceman vs. Scarlet Witch was fun.
    Comic reviews answering the question "Is it good?" every Wednesday here.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Hey icicles. I haven't listened yet but Orlando is the guest on AIPT's latest podcast episode and among other things he talked about Astonishing Iceman:

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcas...=1000609143113

EDIT: It's a short piece and they start at 1:05:55. Orlando said he likes Iceman's power level under Duggan and the relatively grounded character under Grace, so kind of a balance of both is what he'll be aiming for. The grounding of a powerful character similar to what he's currently doing with Wanda. He said Bobby will of course still use the ice slide but that his powers will also be depicted in a different way, he used the term "frost powers." And finally he said we'll see at the beginning of the book that someone is with Bobby at his Antartica base.
    I think I know who is with him.

What's the one thing every gay man needs? A bitchy straight woman. Emma's busy, so we can substitute her with a man. And who's the bitchiest man? Sinister, but it wouldn't be him unless he's the frozen thing Bobby is guarding. So that leaves Hellion.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicoclaws View Post
    If he writes this book like he writes Scarlet Witch we're good. Just sad it's a short run.
    To be fair for now that's just an assumption.
    "This is me being reasonable"

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Galerion View Post
    Exactly. ALPHA FLIGHT, UNCANNY SPIDER-MAN and CHILDREN OF THE VAULT were explicitly announced as minis. ASTONISHING ICEMAN, DARK X-MEN and REALM OF X were not -- which suggests they are intended/hoped to be ongoing if the sales support them to get renewed for a 2nd arc.

Quote Originally Posted by Nosocialize View Post
    The superfight of Iceman vs. Scarlet Witch was fun.
    Yeah that was cute. They tied for the cheerleading competition.

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    Exactly. ALPHA FLIGHT, UNCANNY SPIDER-MAN and CHILDREN OF THE VAULT were explicitly announced as minis. ASTONISHING ICEMAN, DARK X-MEN and REALM OF X were not -- which suggests they are intended/hoped to be ongoing if the sales support them to get renewed for a 2nd arc.
    Yup and if fans show up for it I think Astonishing Iceman has the most potential to continue over the others imo.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Galerion View Post
    I'm trying not to get my hopes up.

Four variant covers. Guess that will help boost sales...

"Miss Minutes Variant Cover By Humberto Ramos"

Interesting. The only other "Miss Minutes Variant Cover" I am aware of was for Timeless 2022 #1 (Nauck Miss Minutes Variant). I wonder if that means something...

I think Jean's getting a Miss Minutes variant, too.

I think I like Lashley's cover better

Why only 5 that’s so lame, if nothing else tho it does force Orlando give this story a proper beginning & proper ending which could be great for Bobby but Im a tad disappointed.

Astonishing Member

Just because its only a 5 issue mini now does not mean that it can't lead to an ongoing series after its over (or another mini). It looks like all of the new "Fall Of X" launches are minis, which is likely due to the events of "Fall Of X"....but we'll just have to wait and see what ends up coming in the aftermath. At least some of these books might end up leading to new ongoings.

I'm grateful we are getting a mini. We now have 3 minis with Iceman as established as gay and written by queer people. If they continue to play off of each others work then we are establishing Iceman a great continuity. It's not ideal, but its progress.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    I'm grateful we are getting a mini. We now have 3 minis with Iceman as established as gay and written by queer people. If they continue to play off of each others work then we are establishing Iceman a great continuity. It's not ideal, but its progress.
    Agreed. Knowing that all the new titles are minis it's nice that one is for Bobby. I'm all for at least one in-continuity solo going at all times along with Wolverine and Deadpool.