Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    Likely just a fun coincidence, but it makes for a neat reflection of the brands long history.
    Maybe, but it may be something they're doing for the 60th anniversary, too. We'll know more when we find out about the other titles.

Also taking a second look at the cover, i notice that only Magik, Dani, Dust (white figure behind Magik) and Marrow (white figure behind Dani, also short hair which is a good sign for her design) are visible on the cover, which might hint that they are core team, while Mary and Curse might only be more "along for the ride" characters.
    I've been wondering about that, too. You may be right. It's going to be a long wait until August.

I will pass on this. Not really excited for the concept...

Also, I really dislike "lost powers" plots and Asgard. zzzzzzz...

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Yeah. I think she's on the level of other main X-women like Emma, Kitty, Psylocke
    I would argue that nowadays she's above Emma and Kitty, being the star of her (apparently mediocre) movie and appearing in the last major Marvel game.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

While it would have been interesting to see what male characters would have been chose, I dont particularly mind that it's an all female cast...I just wish there were some different females in the cast. Curse and Mary are not who I would have hoped for...but maybe the writer can make me interested in them. Unfortunately it's not like they can just swap out someone who isn't registering well.

Mighty Member

This doesn’t seem interesting to me at all. It may have to do with the fact that New Mutants lost me and now this line up just isn’t for me. I still have no clue who Curse is (I know she’s from X-men unlimited, but the recaps of that story sounds awful).

I’d be interested if it was Moonstar and Magik and more connected with them cast. Moonstar regaining her status as a Valkyrie would be a must for me.

Gald to see Marrow will be back.

I really hope someone feeds Curse to a dragon.
    There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.
    There is no fear, there is power.
    I am the heart of the Force.
    I am the revealing fire of light.
    I am the mystery of darkness.
    In balance with chaos and harmony,
    Immortal in the Force.

Then we'd have to put up with Moonstar (and probably Dust, but the others wouldn't care much) feeling guilty about her death for however long the story lasts. There's got to be a better way to get rid of Curse.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by norj View Post
    I really hope someone feeds Curse to a dragon.
    What did that dragon do to deserve such Torment?

Quote Originally Posted by Arachne View Post
    Then we'd have to put up with Moonstar (and probably Dust, but the others wouldn't care much) feeling guilty about her death for however long the story lasts. There's got to be a better way to get rid of Curse.
    I'd say leave her with the Dark elves, but they would probably make her queen.

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    What did that dragon do to deserve such Torment?
    Most Asgardian dragons are jerks.
    There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.
    There is no fear, there is power.
    I am the heart of the Force.
    I am the revealing fire of light.
    I am the mystery of darkness.
    In balance with chaos and harmony,
    Immortal in the Force.

Actually, all they need to do is trick her into using her powers for good. That'll kill her.

Astonishing Member

If titles like this are supposed to directly spin out of the events of the Hellfire Gala, wouldn't it make sense for the above mentioned four "core characters" of the team to have at least cameo appearances during it (Magik is bound to be there, Dani has a chance, but Marrow and Dust would need some reasoning).

Unless the Gala has some catastrophy happening which makes the teams mostly made of people who weren't there.

Quote Originally Posted by Offbeat View Post
    I think Magik is above B at this point - just not able to carry a title without at least one other solidly established A-Lister.
    To me an A-lister is someone who not only had many dedicated moments and personaly stories, is popular with a sizeable portion of the comic fanbase, but is also known by and popular with the fanbase outside the comics.

The fan perception is especially important because a company might try to promote or present a character as if they are an A-listers (seemingly as if they can force people to like someone), but if either of the fan reactions is not there it won't make them one.

Likewise there are characters who appeared in many stories, had several dedicated moments and are known on both sides of the fandom, but if these fans only expect them to be there, rather than actual liking the character, they don't qualify either.

Of course that's just one interpretation of A-list status and might be overly high set. For example one can argue that characters who qualify for all of the above like Batman, Superman, Spiderman, Wolverine, etc. might be so exceptional successfull that they require a tier of their own (ala. "S-list"). Which lowers the bar for A-list at which point a lot more characters can be justified to have that status.

Still with the above i would argue that Magik is only upper B-list yet.
    She had several stories and dedicated moments before she died and since she got revived she got a handfull more. Editors seem to like her and general reader reaction is also still favorable. However her outside fandom reaction is arguably not quite there yet.

She appeared in New Mutants which got a really negative reception by the viewers. Meanwhile Midnight Suns was well recieved but the sales showcase a lack of awareness/popularity, making her appearance there not quite the big breakthrough.

Again though just personal interpretation of the "status" of characters.

Quote Originally Posted by norj View Post
    Most Asgardian dragons are jerks.
    And some are greedy dwarves who kill their fathers for a cursed treasure like Fafnir.

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

I really like this team, certainly not the first choice if longevity is the goal. But the oddity of the cast interests me, I especially love the idea of a former demon lord and former valkyrie teaming up!

i like the premise and team so far, need more info.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Krakoa View Post
    Lol, not really. There's a huge history of all-male or nearly all-male comic teams and teams often have more men than women. It's not really disturbing to have a team with no men as men are always safely going to be well-represented in books.
    Ha, so a team with only men is disturbing, but an all women team is not disturbing? Ha! That is a bit.... well off, to say it kindly.

Though I do think it's a great cast though.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================