Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Default REALM OF X by TORUNN GRŘNBEKK and DIÓGENES NEVES

Following July’s X-MEN: HELLFIRE GALA #1, mutantkind will enter a thrilling new era of uncertainty, danger, and mystery known as FALL OF X! This new age won’t be limited to Earth, as a small band of mutantkind’s fiercest warriors are sent on a mystical mission across the Ten Realms in REALM OF X!
    Written by Torunn Grřnbekk (THOR, THE MIGHTY VALKRIES) and drawn by Diógenes Neves (THE DARKHOLD: SPIDER-MAN), REALM OF X will continue the Krakoan Era’s fascinating exploration of mutant magic as a ragtag group of mutants become players in a mystical war orchestrated by a familiar adversary.

This mysterious mastermind wants to manipulate mutantkind just as they’re at their lowest—but they’ve messed with the wrong ones! Can Magik, former Valkyrie Dani Moonstar, Marrow, Dust, Curse, and Typhoid Mary overcome their differences and rise as legendary heroes of the Ten Realms? Or will their mere presence escalate the conflict and warp mutantkind’s destiny forever?
    Leaping straight from the astonishing events of this year's Hellfire Gala, an unlikely group of mutants find themselves stranded in...Vanaheim? And what's even more confusing, the locals seem to believe that they hold the key to fulfilling a prophecy that can either raise the realm to riches—or cause it to fall to ruin. With Magik's powers malfunctioning and a mysterious figure amassing power on the outskirts of the realm, these X-Men are going to going to have to band together if they want to stay alive long enough to find their way home!

"Writing REALM OF X is an unparalleled joy," Grřnbekk said. "We are bringing together an amazing cast of incredibly powerful but exceptionally different characters and throwing them into a situation for which they are wholly unprepared. Vanaheim is deceptively familiar but far from everything, and the only thing our cast has in common is that this realm is not in anyone's comfort zone. Not only will our mutants have to deal with civil war, ancient prophecies, lost powers, and inconvenient love (arguably the best kind!), but they'll also have to contend with each other, Mary's temper, and one lost teenager."

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...diogenes-neves
    Last edited by Diammandis; 04-07-2023 at 11:05 AM.
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

This is not going to sell with this cast. Editorial should know better.

I'm not in love with the concept, but that's an interesting team. Great to see Dani and Marrow get some spotlight.

Nice to see dust. Are these realms the same as otherworld? If so, a big missed opportunity for some blondies.

Meh…. Not feeling it but I will check the first issue
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    How has New Mutants been faring, because I feel like it's around that level. But yea, it would have benefited from a few more familiar X-Men characters.

I love that they seem to be finally mixing some of the Academy X characters among older characters though, with Zero and Dust being among the line-ups.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex. View Post
    Nice to see dust. Are these realms the same as otherworld? If so, a big missed opportunity for some blondies.

They're apparently stranded in Vanaheim which is one of the 10 realms of Asgard. The writer has written Thor before so they seem to know their way around that landscape.

Happy to see Magik and Dani together and stoked for Dust. I'll be giving this a try.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Perhaps it's not meant to be the longest ongoing, and they felt the story was worth telling even as a mini.

The title pun is great here. It's Realm of X, but also Realm of 10 bc the ten realms.

Great to see Torunn join the X-Office; the gender disparity there was looking dire.

Also, all-female X-team! Woot! With Typhoid Mary! Double Woot!

Add in some other big characters and this could be good. Even just Betsy and Rachel could compliment and strengthen the book.

It's weird to see an X-Book using the Thor mythos with no actual Thor characters, though considering Torunn is involved I'm guessing Runa will probably show up at some point.

Maybe Thor himself (if she's feeling generous).

Gonna pass on this one but glad that Dani, Marrow and Dust have a series to call home.

no Tini Howard? fuck yeah

Curse, Marrow, Dust, Typhoid Mary?

Guess itll be a five issue arc then.

I never said everything has to be a long on-going.

Astonishing Member

Honestly, the cast is the reason why I'm going to pick this up. I tend to have very little interest in Asgard stories, but this cast is so oddball I can't help but want to see where its going. Dust, Curse, Marrow and Typhoid Mary? That's so random and chaotic, I love it, lol.

And really, after Hellions, Sabretooth, SWORD and several other books of this era, I figured we were past writing off books purely because of unexpected casts.