Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Looks like fun, but the logo is giving “middle school soccer team”.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    This is not going to sell with this cast. Editorial should know better.
    Well that's what quite some people said about Hellions, so I rather wait and see. Though adding one of the least favorites of 2022, Curse, might not be the best pull.

Marrow and Dust are cool. Though the lack of men on this team is disturbing. Elsewhere people complained about lack of Woman on Dark X-Men, as they only had 2. This team has no men at all.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Astonishing Member

Maybe this series will answer the question if Marrow's growths can actualy count as bones as component of witchcraft or magic?

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    This is not going to sell with this cast. Editorial should know better.
    It's certainly not an easy sell, especially in a time when sales for many titles seem to be in critical numbers from the start. Furthremore that the basic premise was arguably allready worn out by Excalibur and Knights of X certainly doesn't help, which can easily harm this title even further.

While Magik has recieved a strong value upgrade over the past 10 years, she is still argualy just a B-lister, same goes for Moonstar.

Dust and Marrow are C-listers. They are recognized names, but don't carry a lot of prestige or boost collectors interests.

However Marrow also suffers from being basicly 23 years behind maintance so to speak. Her few appearances over the years have put her all over the place in terms of writing and characterization. So she needs to be properly re-established as character and get a straightforward consistent presentation for a while, before her addition would not feel like a risk.

Curse meanwhile is essentialy "tainted" by X-men Green, which means anything short of a complete rework of the character combined with ignoring everything of X-men Green is going to make her a problematic addition to a title.

Finaly Typhoid Mary is mostly associated with Daredevil and she has not really been established in the X-titles currently, so her addition kind of appears out of nowhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    They're apparently stranded in Vanaheim which is one of the 10 realms of Asgard. The writer has written Thor before so they seem to know their way around that landscape.
    (...)
    The important question is, was that Thor series written well?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It's weird to see an X-Book using the Thor mythos with no actual Thor characters, though considering Torunn is involved I'm guessing Runa will probably show up at some point.

Maybe Thor himself (if she's feeling generous).
    Perhaps the writer wants to explore the realms outside Asgard and away from the Aesir and Vanir more?

Or maybe they are constantly helped by the ferrymen Hárbarđr who is suprisingly younger and two eyed than most people know him?

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    While Magik has recieved a strong value upgrade over the past 10 years, she is still argualy just a B-lister, same goes for Moonstar.

I think Magik is above B at this point - just not able to carry a title without at least one other solidly established A-Lister.

Quote Originally Posted by Offbeat View Post
    I think Magik is above B at this point - just not able to carry a title without at least one other solidly established A-Lister.
    Yeah. I think she's on the level of other main X-women like Emma, Kitty, Psylocke

So who is curse, anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    So who is curse, anyway?
    New Krakoa era kid. Mostly showed up in X-men Green.

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Curse...t)_(Earth-616)

Quote Originally Posted by Offbeat View Post
    I know the point here is sales, but I’m reading all of this as Romy and Michele arguing whether or not they were in the “A group” or the “B group” back in high school.

I love it.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Yeah. I think she's on the level of other main X-women like Emma, Kitty, Psylocke
    I know it’s not exactly what you meant, but man, would I kill to see someone post “judging by sales, these four are not quite A-list“ on Twitter and watch that kiddie pool turn red.

Quote Originally Posted by Arachne View Post

Tats a girl? I always thought it was a little boy

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    Well that's what quite some people said about Hellions, so I rather wait and see. Though adding one of the least favorites of 2022, Curse, might not be the best pull.

Marrow and Dust are cool. Though the lack of men on this team is disturbing. Elsewhere people complained about lack of Woman on Dark X-Men, as they only had 2. This team has no men at all.
    Lol, not really. There's a huge history of all-male or nearly all-male comic teams and teams often have more men than women. It's not really disturbing to have a team with no men as men are always safely going to be well-represented in books.

The fact that her Wikipedia page is actually kinda full and it’s just a detailed description of X-Men Green is taking me out.

Oh God who invited Curse to the party? Why?

Astonishing Member

Rather trivial observation. But the team actualy spans 4-5 decades of publishing.

Magik as Collosus sister was technicaly introduced in the 70's (1975), though she only became her real character in the early 80's (1983). Dani was introduced around the same time (1982). Typhoid Mary made her debute at tail end of the same decade (1988). Marrow was introduced in the middle of the 90's (1995). Dust in the early 2000's (2002). Finaly Curse was introduced around 2019, which means she still scratches the border of being a character of the 2010's rather than the current 2020's.

Interesting observation. Now that you mention it, Dark X-men has characters from a lot of decades, too.

Astonishing Member

Interesting observation. Now that you mention it, Dark X-men has characters from a lot of decades, too.
    Likely just a fun coincidence, but it makes for a neat reflection of the brands long history.

Also taking a second look at the cover, i notice that only Magik, Dani, Dust (white figure behind Magik) and Marrow (white figure behind Dani, also short hair which is a good sign for her design) are visible on the cover, which might hint that they are core team, while Mary and Curse might only be more "along for the ride" characters.