View Poll Results: New Star Wars movies-which are you most looking forward to?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • James Mangold's Dawn of the Jedi/Episode Zero

5 20.83%
  • Dave Filoni's Disney+ post-ROTJ wrap up/Thrawn trilogy semi-adaptation?

4 16.67%
  • Sharmeen Obaid-Chinoy's Rey/New Jedi Order/Episode 10/Coda?

4 16.67%
  • Can't decide/all of them!

1 4.17%
  • None

10 41.67%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Maybe, they could do a STAR TREK PICARD since it's set 15 years later with her having a teen son but a "Who is the father?" mystery.
    Star Trek damaged its leading characters. Star Wars desecrated and obliterated them. There’s no coming back.
    Age of Marvels and DC Next Dawn - Monthly Fan Made Solicitation Competitions on these very forums, make your pulls now! Want back story? Check the Wiki!

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    The original texts were actually saved by Rey before Yoda zapped the tree. Rey used one of them (With Luke's annotations) for clues in the Exegol quest.
    Ah, right you are.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Plus, I'm done with Palpatine being "dead, but can come back lol!" and make the prophecy of Anakin, "bringing balance back, but lol, not really, it's Rey that totes does it!" crap that is either in the forefront, or lurking as a sort of hidden subplot.
    I'm mostly fine with how all the Chosen One stuff played out, and figure Rey did nothing more than sweep up what was left. Anakin balanced the Force by destroying both the Jedi and the Sith, with Luke's help, and Rey ensured Palpatine wouldn't return. It all works well enough for me.

I'm more concerned with the aftermath. If all that Chosen One/balance the Force stuff is going to matter then we can't just go back to the same old status quo of the Jedi being the prime/only organization of Force users.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Extraordinary Member

I would rather have my teeth all pulled without anesthetic and a pair of pliers than see any of this stuff.

Where's the all three option?
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

I plan to see all of them because I'm a glutton for punishment.
    Assassinate Putin!

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Where's the all three option?
    I'm in that boat too. I added "all of them" to the "can't decide" option, which I assume was its intent.
    Conn Seanery
    CBR Forums Administrator ~ Ron Swansonite ~ Brock Samson will show us the way
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

"Hnh. Could Bowie have been a mutant?" ~Dr. Doom (Hellfire Gala 2022)

What I find kind of funny is the generational parallels this announcement is revealing.

With us old school bastard fans, the prequels were the ultimate disappointment. Decades of waiting for new films only to get Jar Jar Binks and little orphan Ani. Gods what a way to traumatize an entire generation of people!

Then the Clone Wars cartoon tried to handle damage control and all of us fans said "no way, we won't be fooled again!" Yet the cartoon did, eventually, add enough context and development to make the prequel era worthwhile. Prequel films themselves are still terrible but at least the overall era was salvaged.

Now the prequel kids have grown up and have been disappointed by the following trilogy just like we were. And just like we did back then, they're complaining about another installment even though that installment could/should provide the same kind of damage control and salvage the sequels.

I wonder how Star Wars will disappoint the young fans who came in with the sequels?

Ah the more things change......
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

None honestly, I'm pretty much over Star Wars. I feel after the mixed results of the Sequel Trilogy the property has devolved into nostalgia bait (both OG Trilogy and EU Books) offering little if anything new or exciting.
    Last edited by Celgress; 04-16-2023 at 08:02 PM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Extraordinary Member

I'm going to vote on this tomorrow, after the Season 3 Finale of The Mandalorian.

If that show manages to reinvigorate Din's story from the doldrums they've dropped him into, I'm liable to be MOST excited for the Filoni "Disney+ Finale!" show. If they're smart enough to know that Din should be a dynamic character with an arc bleeding into that movie, than I'll have faith they know what they're doing there overall. If they don't, I'm going to take that as a warning sign that even Filoni and Favreau can't guarantee a consistent grasp of the importance of Star Wars's character arcs.

The Rey story is the most variable one to me - if they know what went wrong with her character arc and her generation (Ben Solo hijacking the story while LFL hypocritically pretended they were being bold), and especially if they know how to fix her and bring in Boyega as Finn to give him the respect he deserves, I'd be liable to be more excited about it... but I could just as easily wake up the next week and hear that Driver's been brought back for more obsessive sad white dude privilege writing.

The Mangold film is the one I'm more just kind of waiting to see anything about; I wasn't that interested in the excellent Jon Ostrander's similar story years ago, but I'm not totally apathetic either.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP