Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

When I started reading Marvel I’m the 70’s, the big three characters to me were Spider-man, Hulk, & The Thing. It’s crazy to think of what a major player Ben was back then. To be honest, the FF were a much bigger team than the X-Men at that point.

Marvel Two in One had some outstanding storylines but it was pretty generic in the latter stages. Just seemed to lose steam around the time of Secret Wars.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon-El View Post
    When I started reading Marvel I’m the 70’s, the big three characters to me were Spider-man, Hulk, & The Thing. It’s crazy to think of what a major player Ben was back then. To be honest, the FF were a much bigger team than the X-Men at that point.

Marvel Two in One had some outstanding storylines but it was pretty generic in the latter stages. Just seemed to lose steam around the time of Secret Wars.
    ^^^I was never as big a fan of the solo series MTIO segued into as I was MTIO itself.

BANNED

Well yeah. At that time, X-Men was still recovering from the era of neglect, and as a team book, FF was Marvel's flagship. The most 3D character of Marvel's pinnacle book was prime real estate for a "combo" book. There was money to made off the Grimm character, but solo strong man was already tied up with Hulk. Ben's open personality makes him an ideal personality adaptive team mate...playing strong man to his team ups strengths. Of course, Marvel always used MTIO as a test bed for public reaction to "secondary" characters with occasional service to mainstream characters for $$.

Well thing did get his own show and even got to shake hands with fred flintstone!

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Well thing did get his own show and even got to shake hands with fred flintstone…
    “Thing ring, do your thing!” It always bothered me that they couldn’t come up with an actual rhyme.

Last edited by Brian B; 04-21-2023 at 08:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian B View Post
    “Thing ring, do your thing!” It always bothered me that they couldn’t come up with an actual rhyme.

^^^I wanted a set of those as a kid!

I still can’t believe they became canon.

This is TOO good. From Marvel Two in One 37…

…the funniest police line up EVER!